Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nicoman35
x3tc

Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 16:34

--------------------------------------------------
ADS v2.65.1 - Real Wings Edition v1.16
--------------------------------------------------

Hi people!
I am presenting you my version of the wonderful mod Anarkis Defence System by SerialKicked.

Here, I am taking the opportunity and thank SerialKicked for his idea and inspiration. Thank you.

What are the differences?

Code / Bugfixing
  • - Throughout the code, many 'get true ammount' commands could have leaded to minor bugs by not recognizig installed equippment. Replaced all by 'get ammount'.
    - Because I am playing XRM and many M2 are capable of docking fighters as well as corvetes, I made M2 ships available for ADS
    - In the ship setup menu, in the turret behaviour section, the options MARS Defence and MARS Offence are available. Those were interchanged in the original ADS version. Fixed.

Repair section
  • - Possibility to hire / fire more than one mechanic in one step
    - The repair ratio of the actual crew is displayed
    - Repair ratio of each mechanic is increased when a machanic reaches high skills
    - Ability to choose which ship is to be repaird first, when several damaged ships are in the hangar
Resupply Management
  • - Have your docked fighters resupplied with missiles, energy cells, drones (and ammo v1.13+)
    - Independent resupply rules for each ship class
    - Use ships docked at the carrier as an intelligent storage extension for the carrier (v1.11+)
Auto upgrade dockable ships automatically (v1.10+)
  • - Define which ship to be upgraded and the upgrades
    - Logs bought upgrades as well as total money spend
New command 'defend carrier'
  • - on hotkey press, a wing will pop out and stay close range to the carrier as long as a threat is in the vicinity of the carrier (repeatedly pressed, a new wing will pop out on every key stroke)
    - when reaching a critical distance (response range), the threat will be attacked by the wing
    - when the threat leaves a certain range (awareness range), the wing will dock and stop defending the carrier
Tactical settings for the commands 'defend carrier' and 'clear sector'
  • - in the carrier's ADS setup menu, a new section namend 'tactical settings' is to be found
    - Wing size, attack preference, shield and hull levels for retreat, as well as awareness and response range are to be adjusted here
    - Smart turrets support for fighters turrets (v1.11+)
Wings builded to defend the carrier, clear the sector, and attack a single enemy will be real wings. The ships will be renamed (v1.12+ optional) as leader and follower within the wing. After the job is done, they will be named back to the name they had before joining the task.
While fighting, single ships will be monitored for shield and hull damage. When reaching a customizable level, the ships are allowed to retreat. While retreating, ships will be checked for recovery. When reaching a level high enough, retreating ships are reintegrated into their old wings.
On request, you do not have to sit in the ADS carrier for launching wings. Only condition: the playership has the ADS ship assigned as homebase. Both ships must be in the same sector.

I've done all changes just fot the english version. Any other languages will contain readtext errors.

DOWNLOAD v1.16

Prior to installation, I strongly advice to uninstall old ADS versions via ingame menu, then delete ADS by clicking on the .bat file in the scripts.delete folder.

Versions 1.13 and above need following additional resources:

Anarkis Libraries
Dynamic Menus
ECS

After downloading, unpack and copy the three folders into the main game directory.
Have fun!

Screenshots

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Callouts
  • Cycrow - Hotkey manager, cheat script, and many, many more
    Dr. Bullwinkle - skillfull help anytime
    Gazz - for his multy hotkey support script and M.A.R.S., which ADS fully supports
    Litcube - missile barrage and selection
    Lucike - for his invaluable scripts, from which ADS - RWE uses a few features
    ScRaT_GER - for teaching me almost everything I know about menus
    SerialKicked - iniciator of this great idea
Known Issues
  • - OOS, wing ships idle sometimes, no idea why this happens, I am kinda stuck here - any help welcome
Changelog

v1.16
  • reworked many scripts, fixed bugs
  • make sure to download and install the resources Anarkis Libraries and Dynamic Menus too. Even when versions do not differ from the ones installed on your PC.

v1.14
  • - fixed error regarding employing single mechanics
    - some menus changes in the repair section
    - ammunition supported in Resupply Management
    - Different sections in Ship Supplies now available for stations

v1.13
  • - repair / barracks sections available for stations
    - adjusted NPC autocarrier for 3. party scrpts like PG3 an YA2
    - defence grid functional
    - bugfixing, especially the points mentioned in the 'Known Issues' list

v1.12
  • - Autocarrier now working! In contrast to the original, it is possible to order carriers to patrol the sector they are in, as well as multiple sectors. When fitted out with satellites (and ordered to), sectors will be reconned by placement of satellites.
    - Autocarrier uses MARS goblins to engage small threats such as freighters, M5 and M4
    - toggle renaming of wingships on/off
    - reworked long range combat with missiles
    - multi hotkey support: Various possiblities, read ingame descriptions by clicking the blue 'i' in the main menu.
    - bomber support: Possiblity to engage enemy capitals with bombers.
    - OOS, fighters will use drones to increase punch against enemies
    - reworked and replaced tactical setup
    - reworked almost every script for performance, stability and effectiveness
    - bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes

v1.11
  • - new feature: Use docked ships as a smart storage extension for cargo aboard the carrier.
    - smart turret support for fighters (not tested yet!)
    - fixed some typos

v1.10a
  • - fixed a bug regarding logging of auto upgrade activities

v1.10
  • - new feature: Automatically upgrade ships! This idea is taken from ThisIsHarsh's original mod: Auto Prep Ships

v1.09a
  • - fix wingnames not showing up in case of updating from original ADS version

v1.09
  • - changed handling of TS class ships in resupply routine
    - fixed bug in wing building routine

v1.08
  • - improved setup and handling of already installed ADS versions - thanks to Anarchon13

v1.07
  • - various code and bug fixes
    - added resupply management for docked fighters
    - reworked ware transfer from and to carrier
    - reworked repair and marine section now using real marines for repairs

v1.05
  • - various code and bug fixes

v1.04
  • - overhaul of the two menus transfering wares from ships to carrier and vice versa

v1.03
  • - not published, fixes regarding spam messages when using ADS with pirate guild 3, a few other code fixes

v1.02
  • - various changes and fixes - too many to enlist all, all functions are now to be reached via menu also

v1.01
  • - integrated Dr Bullwinkles code regarding marine training on other ship classes - thx for help

v1.0
  • - initial release

Edit [2nd Dec 2015]: replaced outdated x1tp with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Nicoman35 on Thu, 30. Mar 23, 23:09, edited 45 times in total.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 17:12

Nice. Can i throw an idea about further development? How about an ADS comand "supress sheilds"? I know that it's not an easy goal to achieve but still...

By the way wich permission you wait? AFAIK SerialKicked didn't show on these forums for a long time...

cheers!
Haste-whip TrixX!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 18:02

Sounds like a great update, Nicoman!

A couple of suggestions:

- Everything that needs a hotkey should also have a corresponding menu pick. It is hard to remember all of the hotkeys that people use in X3.

- Could you add training barracks to any ship size TP or larger? In AP, TP's are actually the best ship for training (because they hold 40 marines). I don't see any reason not to allow training on TL, M7, and M2, as well (in addition to the default M1).

Add this block near line 35 of anarkis.acc.setup.xml:

Code: Select all

* =============================== 
* Add Training Barracks to other ship types 
* ===============================
else if [THIS]-> is of class [M2]
$st = sprintf: pageid=$page.id textid=1086, null, null, null, null, null
add custom menu item to array $menu: text=$st returnvalue='barracks'
else if [THIS]-> is of class [M7]
else if [THIS]-> is of class [TL]
else if [THIS]-> is of class [TP]
* BW: ===============================

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 18:25

TouchMyNipple wrote:Nice. Can i throw an idea about further development? How about an ADS comand "supress sheilds"? I know that it's not an easy goal to achieve but still...
For fighters / drones such a (vanilla) script already exists. It's just not very good and requires you to manually monitor and adjust the firepower you put to this task.

MARS has a function for turrets to do that but it assumes that turrets are the only ones doing so.
It's working pretty well - but maybe I'm biased. In one test I ordered 3 fully loaded M2 to simultaneously suppress the shields of one M6. They kept the shields down without instantly evaporating the little tin can.
Don't know about other turret scripts.

You can already order drones to "attack shields" in vanilla AP.
It's just not on the group commands menu so you have to order every drone individually.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Barklight
x4

Post by Barklight » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 19:19

Nice work with this revision. I'll give it a shot in my AP game tonight after work!
Insert something witty here, some day...

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 20:06

@Gazz
i am well aware of MARS comand and sometimes even use it. The thing is having a fighter squadron that has no turrets to supress sheilds. I'd say after the sheilds drop to 0% it reduces number of fighters doing the job. Maybe.
In fact it doesn't even need to be as effective as MARS is. And, well, that was just an idea.
Haste-whip TrixX!

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 20:19

Does this script also handle the new M7C's in AP?
Still life in the old dog yet...

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 20:59

TouchMyNipple wrote:Nice. Can i throw an idea about further development? How about an ADS comand "supress sheilds"? I know that it's not an easy goal to achieve but still...
By the way wich permission you wait? AFAIK SerialKicked didn't show on these forums for a long time...
Oh boy, I see if I can do anything about that, but as Gazz said, such a function is already implemented in his scripts.
I had to wait for the permission from www.x1tp.com. The file had to be checked before making it public. But I was ready with my post, so...but now it's up :)

DrBullwinkle wrote:Sounds like a great update, Nicoman!

A couple of suggestions:

- Everything that needs a hotkey should also have a corresponding menu pick. It is hard to remember all of the hotkeys that people use in X3.

- Could you add training barracks to any ship size TP or larger? In AP, TP's are actually the best ship for training (because they hold 40 marines). I don't see any reason not to allow training on TL, M7, and M2, as well (in addition to the default M1).

Add this block near line 35 of anarkis.acc.setup.xml:
Hey Doc :), thank you for the advice, I am thankfull for such easy advice :). I will implement it for shure if I do not run into major problems.

Barklight wrote:Nice work with this revision. I'll give it a shot in my AP game tonight after work!
Yeah, see how it performs in AP, for I still use TC.....well I'll have to think about changing to AP..hm.

Vayde wrote:Does this script also handle the new M7C's in AP?
Negative, sir. I have TC. Sorry....but if you like to gift me AP... :)
Last edited by Nicoman35 on Wed, 21. Nov 12, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 21:04

Fair enough Nico,

I'll try it tomorrow and see if it works. If not I'm sure DrB will have some ideas as to how to include the M7C class :)
Still life in the old dog yet...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 21:10

M7C's are just M7's, for most scripts. So, yeah, it will work with M7C's.

Probably. ;)

And, yeah, ADS works fine with AP. It's just a script.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 22. Nov 12, 08:24

Very nice, I will try it as soon as I can. I have started a new game so it will be a little while till I get a chance to buy a carrier.

Thank you for sharing your work.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 04:19

Great work nicoman35.

Is it necessary to completely uninstall ads or will this overwrite the existing ads files in my game?

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 07:28

Wonder if this is compatible with ADS scramble
Haste-whip TrixX!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 10:01

joelR wrote:Great work nicoman35.

Is it necessary to completely uninstall ads or will this overwrite the existing ads files in my game?
Err.. I don't know exactly, I assume, it is possible to sipmply overwrite it, but do me and you a favour and deinstall the previous version.
I also do not know how the savegames are affected, so make a backup if continueing a game.

Oh, btw, I detected several problems with v1.01. I am working hard on an Update. Will be out next week or so. But if you like, you are welcome to test this version :).
cheers

centfrac
x3tc

Post by centfrac » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 22:42

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but it constantly keeps beeping and flashing no threat detected for what every color of wing and sector clear retuning to carrier. Even tho I have no capital ships or any fighters.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 02:12

centfrac wrote:Not sure if it's a bug or not, but it constantly keeps beeping and flashing no threat detected for what every color of wing and sector clear retuning to carrier. Even tho I have no capital ships or any fighters.
I need more details.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 10:57

@Nicoman
i belive i'll get to start using it after 1/27 XRM is out. Planning to start a new game then and also to rewrite all scripts (as well check if i realy need that many).
As far as i understand this one contains all of core ADS functions?
Another question - will it work with ANCC Scramble? link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=328780
Haste-whip TrixX!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 13:02

TouchMyNipple wrote:As far as i understand this one contains all of core ADS functions?
Another question - will it work with ANCC Scramble? link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=328780
1. Yes, it contains all ADS files and the ones I cerated. You do not need the original ADS if you install mine :)

2. Good question - I do not know. Have not tested it yet. I am still working on my version - bug killing and brain scorching :evil:

centfrac
x3tc

Post by centfrac » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 21:54

Well as soon as the game starts it gives out a beep and a message apperars along the bottom..Alpha Wing no threats detected, sector clear returning to carrier. This continues but with different desginations of wings and have found no way to shut it down or stop the meesages.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 25. Nov 12, 19:54

centfrac wrote:Well as soon as the game starts it gives out a beep and a message apperars along the bottom..Alpha Wing no threats detected, sector clear returning to carrier. This continues but with different desginations of wings and have found no way to shut it down or stop the meesages.
Hm, sounds like a never ending loop. I'll check that. Thank you for the feedback. Next update will be out next week (I hope).

cheers

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”