Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

redagent

Post by redagent » Fri, 20. Feb 15, 18:18

My Feedback about BUGs and Issues in currently availible download of ADS-v2.65.1_real_wings_v1.14.

In few words - The idea of ADS-RWE is great - it is a logical evolution of the original ADS, improving the managment, providing more effective usability with so needed hotkeys and easy to setup; BUT developing of this idea is unfinished in the most important places of the carrier-fleet part.

Thus the Dock/HQ-based-fleet part is definetly good! and if you going to use this script only with ADS-Sector-Defence commands with station-based fleets with minimal investmens of your time - it is the best chois.

ISSUES/TROUBLES/BUGS?:

1. Hotkey "defend carrier" from the file anarkis.acc.hotkey.cmd.defend.xml still linked to the test.test.1 script. And tapping the key returns the window with "1: Raid TS 2:Patrol 3:Weaken 4:Invade 5:Kill Station" menu option.
As mentioned here
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 40#4398940
I have replaced code with this one:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 78#4398978
Just copy paste code with xml editor (I know it could be wrong method). It seems like a code from previous ver. of RWE - some values are different.
After that editing the Hotkey "ADS: Defend Carrier" began to work and does the same thing like a command "Carrier defend mode" - just without question about the quantity of the wings to send. multitapping also works properly - sends 3 wings when tripple tapped. Along with that fix the game began to catch lock ups (freezes) - from time to time - only IS when using ADS_RWE fighters in battle IS. And doing everything else for hours is stable. Suppose I need xml file(s) appropriate to the current RWE version. But there is only one instance of ADS-RWE download.

2. Some of the damaged fighters SLOWLY trying to retreat in the neighbor sector. (Why not to the healing mama?).
For example - when I was fighting In Sector Xenon 472, my damaged fighters flew to the BHS and stayed there with "none" commands.

3. ADS-RWE-managed wings do not receive reinforcements, until they return to base and reform in a new wing. While the ANCC wings are trully get continious reinforcements when scrambling in the same situation.

4. Wings that were sent by the "carrier-defend-mode" order (or by the fixed hotkey) to defend my own carrier behave like vanilla ordered to follow me.
- when reaching a critical distance (set response range in carrier setup menu), the threat will be IGNORED by the wing, until the enemy (xenon) shot somebody. When enemy have HIT the carrier, then all defenders will attempt to kill ONLY this one. And when enemy firing in one of the defenders - only this defender and his wingmate react. And when one of the defenders being killed (accidently) by the IBL-PPC barrage from Xenon-Q triyng to hit my carrier, then all defenders IGNORE this Xenon-Q until it will hit its current target. During that test at the moment I caught myself praying it was my well defended carrier, cause then all my defenders will wipe out this bad guy and I will survive for further tests w/o reloading.

It is funny to observe one Xenon-L pathfinding through the cloud of 40 M3:Venti formed in to 8 mama-defend-wings. This Xenon-L was trying to hit my carrier surrounded by the swarm of M3:obstacles, unless it could not because of the permament "avoiding collisions" action caused by his unbending intent not to do a scratch on the bodies of my furious trustworhty Guardians! And this was never happend while the carrier was moving on the maximum speed. (5min in SETA) Only after a complete stop of my carrier and waiting patiently for the end of that Labirinth-quest...
Actually in that way defend wings are really protect the carrier but in their own specific-greenpeace-pacifist style. Cause you know - the xenons are like animals - they do not realise what they do from humanistic point of view....

5. MAybe not a bug - ECS can not find and register ADS-RWE, but able to do it with Current ADS 2.65.1 version.
By the way the ECS libraries included in ADS.2.65 archive are not exactly the same to the standalone version presented on X3:downloads, which i installing with ADS-RWE. Few files are different by size and time.
Anyway ADS-RWE starts and all commands works, exept "defend carrier", but I am not shure about the correct behaviour of the script.

I use X3:AP 3.1 with the following modes/scrips for more than a 80 ingame days! (few years in RL):

Cicrow Plugin manager Advanced V1.47
(incl. Cicrow Hotkey manager, ware manager, community plugin configuration)
+bonuspack version 5.1.00
+X3TC_WingEquipLikeFixExt
+dock_lockup_fix
+mars-tc-ap_v5.26_RepackedForPluginManager__Vanilla_TC_AP3.0
+Advanced Patrol-V1.1.2-1.9.2012
+Bombardier-Full-1.979
+CheatCollectionPackageAP-V1.62-18.12.2011
+EnhancedBriefings
+EquipmentResearchandDevelopment-V1.00-03.06.2009
+ImprovedBoarding-V1.23.04c (Bullwinkle_Hack)-2013-06-23
+Shipkillednotifications-V1.0.3-16.11.2008
+tc.dockts.1.0
+Winghotkeys-V1.20-09.06.2009
+MK3_Opt_1.8.9.7_fixed
+safe_undocking_gz
+warp.to.target
+XaiCorp-FighterDrone-HK-X3TC-1.1

3 variants of installation were tested: ADS.2.65.1 and ADS-RWE-1.14, both with ANCC; and once ADS-RWE without ANCC. All was installed above my all other scripts in the different copies of "Script" and "T" folders. And every time I got the same resuls.

NO FILE REWRITES were found directly copying into game folder ADS/ADS-RWE/ANCC scripts (without using PM).
Last edited by redagent on Sun, 22. Feb 15, 13:21, edited 2 times in total.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 13:11

redagent wrote: Maybe CODEA is a dissision for me - as it is looks like from descriptions. But damn pilot headhunting issue... Tell me please who tested it and know it is.
CODEA is THE solution to operate a carrier and worked flawlessly in all my earlier plays (vanilla & XRM). No question about it. Nothing comes even close.
Once you get used to the somewhat complicated systems it's a really smooth sailing trip... (and yeah, pilot hunting, lol. Pro-tip: you dont need to. Dock the carrier at a military outpost and you can mass-recruit rookie pilots for your fighters, then let the carrier camp a gate with high pirate frequency, activate the CODEA "train pilots in combat" option and your pilots level fast and nicely).
I spent a lot of time for the testing fleet managment variants at this moment.
I hear you.
I started to play a little X again (this time LCU mod - awesome!) and I am desperately looking for a working carrier script set because unfortunately CODEA is incompatible here.
Real shame, all the other options I tried (pretty much the same ones you mentioned) either dont work correctly, or dont do everything I want or are just not compatible (enough) with LCU.
I so miss my CODEA... :cry:
I'm at a point now to give up on carriers in LCU for the time being.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 23:59

Hi people.
Redagent, thanks for your detailed info and feedback you gave. I am aware of the issues you described. I never finished this script (as most of the works here).
Therefore, there are issues. Especially because I only have TC, and I think some problems remain when switching to AP.
LU changes so many things, that there WILL be even more issues. I never played LU yet, but doesnt it have an integrated carrier management?

For the time being, I will not modify ADS-RWE any further, mainly due to lack of time.
I used to do coding stuff at work, and then test it home.
My work situation changed in a way, that I do no longer have access to any PC where I could code something at work. So, I basicly quit coding.
There may be a probability that some day I'll be in a mood again, but I do not think it is very likely.
I do have a v1.15 in state of development on my HD, but if I recall right, there is only very little difference to v1.14.
If anyone is interrested, I could share.

I don't mind if anyone would like to change things or debug ADS-RWE....
If any help is needed in understanding the script structure or how things are ment to work, I'll help where I can.

cheers

redagent

Post by redagent » Mon, 23. Feb 15, 13:40

Nicoman35 wrote: I do have a v1.15 in state of development on my HD, but if I recall right, there is only very little difference to v1.14.
If anyone is interrested, I could share.
Yes offcourse! Please share this! So I suppose the hotkey bug is fixed there and maybe it could be useful somehow. Anyway - I will try this.

And thanks a lot for a promt reply, Nicoman35!
Sad but true - game is old, times changes and more important - you don't have to do anything about this script.
Anyway, I respect people who care about the fate of their children :)

Well, if you accidently will get the mood, I have an idea, how not to lose your efforts with a minimum time investment.
Remember I am not a programmer at all...well then:

What if you just delete from your script the things that unfinished and glitchy,
and save everything else?
How I see it after all the tests made - let it be your
- Setup and hangar managment menus
- Repair section (marines instead of mechanics!)
- Resupply Management
- Auto upgrade dockable ships automatically
- command 'defend carrier' with important defend-hotkey
- tactical settings for the commands 'defend carrier' and 'clear sector'

And let it be original ADS IS-battle behaviour of the fleet. Also there is ANNC script wich really provides adequate beahaviour, but does not have enough hotkeys and not improving anythig else. there is a good key for priority target, but no key to defend.

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 23:56

Hi guys,when i install ADS,ADS-rwe and anarkys libraries,cant activate in menu of pirate guild ADS system to defend their bases.

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.14 [updated 16.07.2014]

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 14:06

Sorry, I am still playing the game so I need to bring this thread to the surface again.

It is an issue for which I posted in the past too but I found no solution, now I have some more info to provide and I hope it could easily indicate (to the knowledgeable at least) what is wrong.

The problem:

The shortcuts from the interface section can be assigned but do not respond in any way when clicked, not only those that belong to ADS but also the ECS one. Is this a coincidence or is one a consequence of the other?

The Info:

I went in the Artificial Life settings from the gameplay menu and there is a ECS entry with a <Yes> to it, if I click on it, a new menu opens up and it shows one ECS plugin listed "anarkis.acc.plugin" but it says <not found>. If I click on this entry another menu opens up (selected plugin) where there is an option to unregister it, making me think that it is registered but not found.

Is this the way it should be or is it trying to tell me what the problem is?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 22:13

v1.14 has a LOT of bugs.
I am just now developing v1.15, although very slowly. If desired, I could send a link to my newest version now, but it will also be flawed.
The problem is that, at least for me, ADS is quite complicated. Not only that, but two other mods, Pirate Guild 3 and Yaki Armada also rely and depend on ADS. Another problem is feature creep.
There is a chance that I will one day finalize it to a fully working mod, but this is anything but guaranteed. Although Yoda will dislike, I will try my best.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 23:55

Hi Nico, it is a pleasant surprise to see that not only you are still around but you are still working, whether slowly or not, on your script.

I would indeed appreciate the newest version of the script and if you can find it useful I will provide you with some feedback on how it works for me.
I am currently playing Farnham Legacy and I am really glad I have tried your script with it, although I have this problem with the shortcuts not working it is not a problem in itself, I am using a G11 keyboard and I have set up 2 macros, one for attack target and the other for protect ... , also one that takes me directly to the General menu.

Your script is already a more than a worthy addition to the game, it has brought my carrier and its fighters into play with its "quality of life" additions . I wanted to fix the ECS side of things if possible but so far, it not working doesn't seem to be a game changer for me. Furthermore I am not using Pirate Guild nor Yaki Armada so if that is the main issue with your current version it is of no importance to me.

So yes. please, link me up to whatever you have got going and I will greatly appreciate it regardless of whether it will run or not with my setup and if Yoda like it will not, so be it. :)

Cheers

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 07:12

There you go.
be aware, that I changed this or that. Don't expect miracles.
Thank you for your kind words.

*edit*
Hold on to your papers. I busted. Of course I forgot that my fancy version needs some external resource.
For some of the menus to work correctly, Dynamic Menus is needed also.
It is a slightly modified version of the original version.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 14:40

Thank you.

I will get to it as soon as possible, if not sooner, I am curious to see how it runs. Hopefully I can install it without asking for assistance.

One question, do the previous requirements (ECS and Anarkis libraries) still needed?

I will let you know how I get on with it.

Cheers.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 15:20

No problem. Yes, the libraries and ECS are also needed.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 16:01

This is good news, we will wait for the update. Please, if it doesn't make it difficult, put all the necessary archives with libraries together with the mod and into the archive. It's better to have everything in one place than to search all over the forum.

And over time, the links do not work.

Thank you friend.

:x3:

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 20:04

Here is what I got so far in an all in one zip.

Contents: ADS, PG3, YA2, ECS, ADS libraries, DM

Cheers. As long as I have the files on my HD, I can provide them.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 14. Feb 23, 19:12

I have installed the ADS script, libraries and ECS from your last post, as they seemed newer versions than what I had installed. Dynamic menus looked the same so I didn't update it.

The shortcuts, with the exception of the ADS manager, still do not work, but the mechanics are now training and going up in rank. Before while they still performed repairs they did not improve, so that is already a plus on the already useful status from the previous version.

As far as the shortcuts go, like I said it is not a big deal cause I have made them with my keyboard macros so I have the functionality. The ECS shortcut remains unresponsive but to be honest I don't even know what it is meant to be used for.

Thanks

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 22:39

Brinnie wrote:
Sun, 12. Feb 23, 14:06
The shortcuts from the interface section can be assigned but do not respond in any way when clicked, not only those that belong to ADS but also the ECS one. Is this a coincidence or is one a consequence of the other?
Hi Brinnie, I am currently working on ADS crawling through the code.
Regarding ECS: I think ECS was never really finished by Serial Kicked, the original author of ADS, PG3, YA2 and ECS. I am not sure what ecs is about. From the brief view I had on the script it handles communication to player owned stations. Ecs is at the very lower part of my work list. ADS is priority one. There are so many bugs and problems, that I don't even know how you guys could have played it. But ok. Regarding 'The shortcuts from the interface section' you mean the hotkeys? Or the commands you give via command console? ->
https://www.mediafire.com/view/4m15ipb2 ... 1.jpg/file

Brinnie wrote:
Sun, 12. Feb 23, 14:06
I went in the Artificial Life settings from the gameplay menu and there is a ECS entry with a <Yes> to it, if I click on it, a new menu opens up and it shows one ECS plugin listed "anarkis.acc.plugin" but it says <not found>. If I click on this entry another menu opens up (selected plugin) where there is an option to unregister it, making me think that it is registered but not found.
As said before, I changed a lot in ADS, global variables too. If ecs tries to find them, they will be missing.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 23:09

Hi Nico.

To this day I still do not know what the ECS shortcuts are for, so really I do not miss their functions in the least, I have just been giving some feedback.

I am really glad you are still working on the script, which I repeat is already good for me, and although I am not much use if you can a way that I can be of help I will try and do it.

With shortcuts I mean the hotkeys that are found in the interface section of the controls (Options/Controls/Interface), these can be assigned but do not respond when pressed, but as I mentioned earlier I am using my old G11 with the macros "c 7 3 and c 7 4" which are practically as good as the hotkeys.

ps. I don't remember if I said already but although I am posting here , I am actually using your script in FL which makes it even cooler for its compatibility.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 00:09

Glad to hear about the compatibility with FL :)
I am currently reworking the assault/defend/clear section of the mod. If I am lucky, I will have something working by the end of next week. If desired, I will post that version here for playtesting.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 10:55

Nicoman35 wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 00:09
I am currently reworking the assault/defend/clear section of the mod. If I am lucky, I will have something working by the end of next week. If desired, I will post that version here for playtesting.
That is good news and

yes, please and thank you I will gladly oblige.

cheers.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”