Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 6. Oct 13, 11:12

Version / integer issue fixed, newest version uploaded. :)

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 21. Oct 13, 17:01

anachron13 wrote:This is probably because Pirate Guild 3 detect ADS based on is version variable which as changed in rwe. This is not necessarily a bad thing as i think the auto carrier part needed by Pirate Guild 3 is actually not working correctly. You should wait for a new version.
Is this bug fixed in your current version? Are there any major issues left, or is it stable enough to use?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 19:31

New version released including feature of auto upgrading ships (at least the ones that can be docked at a carrier)

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:39

Sounds like a great mod, I think I might reinstall X3 just to try this. I used to use Codea, which is great for fleet management but the downside is that it takes too long to train up good pilots and then after that it still takes just a bit too much micro management. I always loved the idea of Anarkis but it never kept up with the game updates.

Sanjor
x4

Post by Sanjor » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 19:44

Exscriptor is throwing conflicts with your Auto Prep Ships 1.3a for page ID 2008, 2010, and 2011 at text ID 1450, 1451, 1452, and 1453.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:29

Sanjor wrote:Exscriptor is throwing conflicts with your Auto Prep Ships 1.3a for page ID 2008, 2010, and 2011 at text ID 1450, 1451, 1452, and 1453.
This is right.
1. I modified Auto Prep Ships 1.3a to use command ID's 14xx rather than it was in the original script 13xx. I did this to make Auto Prep Ships compatible to AP, which has command ID's from 1300 to 1400 reserved.
2. I wanted to make Auto Prep Ships compatible to ADS - RWE, to get rid of having to upgrade lots of fighters manually, but I did not like certain aspects of this script. Besides, some functions of Auto Prep Ships were already implemented in ADS - RWE. So, I deceided to patially integrate it in ADS - RWE.

Having done so, I got rid of Auto Prep Ships and I am only using ADS - RWE now. In the course of integration process, I copy and pasted the command ID's along with other things.

It was my fault not to mention that. :)

On second thaught - I could alter the conflicting command ID's of ADS - RWE...I think I'lll do that on next update if I am not too lazy...

Castar
xr

Post by Castar » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:07

Hi there, quick question. I already have ADS installed. Do I need to take steps to uninstall it first, or can I simply extract this mod and overwrite whatever is already there without horribly breaking stuff?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:51

Castar wrote:Hi there, quick question. I already have ADS installed. Do I need to take steps to uninstall it first, or can I simply extract this mod and overwrite whatever is already there without horribly breaking stuff?
Good question. I think of two ways:

• - backup your savegame
    - follow instructions for uninstalling / deleteing ADS
    - save your game
    - install ADS - RWE
    - reload
  • - I *think* you could simply install my version overwriting original ADS
If you are in the mood for experimenting -> 2 otherwise -> 1.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 04:32

Hey Nicoman in the AL Plugin for ECS, it says it doesn't find an installation of ADS...is it because something was changed from the original to RWE version?
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 08:01

Mad_CatMk2 wrote:Hey Nicoman in the AL Plugin for ECS, it says it doesn't find an installation of ADS...is it because something was changed from the original to RWE version?
I'll check that - thanks for feedback :)

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 09:07

You're welcome.

Also...in one of my much older playthroughs with ADS, I used the security feature where cap ships would jump from their patrolling sector to another for defense. But after the threats were dealt with, they never jumped back...

Was this an intended feature, or bug? Have you ever encountered it?

Cheers :wink:

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 16:09

Ah, the autocarrier feature is a thing I have not touched yet in my version. But when I should get to this point, I will probably change this behaviour.
It seem to me more logical, that the carrier jumps bach where it was before, when the threat is eliminated.

ATM, I am fiddling around with a new resupply ships/carrier feature. After that, I could look at the autocarrier routines.

Cronos988
x3tc

Post by Cronos988 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 10:12

quick question: I have written my own fighter AI, and would like to see it in carrier action. Do the Anarkis scripts call their own fighter AI or do they call the vanilla fight script (!fight.attack.object)?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 11:24

Cronos988 wrote:quick question: I have written my own fighter AI, and would like to see it in carrier action. Do the Anarkis scripts call their own fighter AI or do they call the vanilla fight script (!fight.attack.object)?
I used the command !wing.ship.attackformation for all tasks (attack single targent, clear sector, defend target) as far as I remember.
But I just fiddled out inside of !wing.ship.attackformation finally the schript !fight.attack.object is used.
So - in the end, I think ships use !fight.attack.object to finnish off targets.....jep, I just checked by viewing the task 0 while an attack run.
The leadrer uses !fight.attack.object all the time.
Wingmates use !move.follow.template until reaching target, then also use !fight.attack.object.

So I think the answer to your question is yes, the ships use vanilla fight scripts. Happy testing :)

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:20

The autoprep addition to this already very useful script sounds great, it will be the first thing I ll want to try when I fire the game up again. I just have not got the time to get back into X right now, BF4 with friends is occupying all my gaming schedule.

ps. it might be me not looking well enough in the list of community scripts and mods but I can only find the original ADS script under fleet management. I think your version should be there too so it would accessible to the forum users that browse that page to look for scripts to use.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:08

Brinnie wrote:...ps. it might be me not looking well enough in the list of community scripts and mods but I can only find the original ADS script under fleet management. I think your version should be there too so it would accessible to the forum users that browse that page to look for scripts to use.
Well well, on 22. Sep 2013 I already put this to the submissions. Up to now, it was not added.
Gues that a) mods are lazy bones or b) they are occupied with rebirth or c) I made something wrong and they don't tell :roll:.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 03:22

Nicoman35 wrote: Well well, on 22. Sep 2013 I already put this to the submissions. Up to now, it was not added.
Gues that a) mods are lazy bones or b) they are occupied with rebirth or c) I made something wrong and they don't tell :roll:.

EDIT :

Looking at the thread, it looks like they didn't get to add the latest requests yet.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 12:32

Nicoman35 wrote:
Brinnie wrote:...ps. it might be me not looking well enough in the list of community scripts and mods but I can only find the original ADS script under fleet management. I think your version should be there too so it would accessible to the forum users that browse that page to look for scripts to use.
Well well, on 22. Sep 2013 I already put this to the submissions. Up to now, it was not added.
Just PM a mod telling them to update the sticky and they will do it. Usually it is just simple forgetfulness that causes them to not update it.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 14:35

jack775544 wrote:Just PM a mod
Done
And I told Cycrow that you told me to...

*EDIT*
This mod is now to be found in Community Scripts.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 05:26

Hey Nicoman I was reading this thread...wonder if you'll make these changes they mentioned (for SMART integration)?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”