Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 02:12

centfrac wrote:Not sure if it's a bug or not, but it constantly keeps beeping and flashing no threat detected for what every color of wing and sector clear retuning to carrier. Even tho I have no capital ships or any fighters.
I need more details.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 10:57

@Nicoman
i belive i'll get to start using it after 1/27 XRM is out. Planning to start a new game then and also to rewrite all scripts (as well check if i realy need that many).
As far as i understand this one contains all of core ADS functions?
Another question - will it work with ANCC Scramble? link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=328780
Haste-whip TrixX!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 13:02

TouchMyNipple wrote:As far as i understand this one contains all of core ADS functions?
Another question - will it work with ANCC Scramble? link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=328780
1. Yes, it contains all ADS files and the ones I cerated. You do not need the original ADS if you install mine :)

2. Good question - I do not know. Have not tested it yet. I am still working on my version - bug killing and brain scorching :evil:

centfrac
x3tc

Post by centfrac » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 21:54

Well as soon as the game starts it gives out a beep and a message apperars along the bottom..Alpha Wing no threats detected, sector clear returning to carrier. This continues but with different desginations of wings and have found no way to shut it down or stop the meesages.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 25. Nov 12, 19:54

centfrac wrote:Well as soon as the game starts it gives out a beep and a message apperars along the bottom..Alpha Wing no threats detected, sector clear returning to carrier. This continues but with different desginations of wings and have found no way to shut it down or stop the meesages.
Hm, sounds like a never ending loop. I'll check that. Thank you for the feedback. Next update will be out next week (I hope).

cheers

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 8. Dec 12, 14:55

Update to 1.02

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 12:23

centfrac wrote:Well as soon as the game starts it gives out a beep and a message apperars along the bottom..Alpha Wing no threats detected, sector clear returning to carrier. This continues but with different desginations of wings and have found no way to shut it down or stop the meesages.
centfrac, are you using scripts that also use ADS, such as pirate guild 3?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 21:45

I would like to try this version but when I uninstall standard ADS (using the suggested procedure) my game freezes. I tried to install this version on top of the other one but I do not see any other hotkeys after doing that.

centfrac
x3tc

Post by centfrac » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 02:18

Yup I am. As well as the Yaki guild.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 08:08

Brinnie wrote:I would like to try this version but when I uninstall standard ADS (using the suggested procedure) my game freezes. I tried to install this version on top of the other one but I do not see any other hotkeys after doing that.
Hm, there is only one new hotkey, defend carrier. Also, it should show up in the same menu as the other ADS commands.
When lauching attack or defend wings, you should see a difference too.

centfrac wrote:Yup I am. As well as the Yaki guild.
ARGH! I've located the problem. Might be more difficult than I thaught. When making this eddition, I asumed only the player would use the part of the scripts I modified. I am working on a solution for this...

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 08:34

I will try again and l will look at hotkeys menu for the Defend Carrier specifically maybe I missed it.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 15:06

I have removed the original ADS then I installed this version but I do not see the "defend carrier" in the key config menu, I am looking at the interface/extension section.

I do see a 7th option in the general command for the carrier which I don't think was there before.

I have only had a 5 minutes chance to try things out and I think the script has installed correctly.

It looks good. I will post again when I have played with it more.

Thanks.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 10:16

Have you had any luck with fixing the problem with the wings being destroyed spam? I really like the extra options you have on this, but with using XTC, its pretty pointless to add the other scripts to fix the spam, as i dont think they would have any effect in XTC.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 12:51

Nicoman35 wrote: ARGH! I've located the problem. Might be more difficult than I thaught. When making this eddition, I asumed only the player would use the part of the scripts I modified. I am working on a solution for this...
Any further forward on this issue Nico?
Still life in the old dog yet...

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 4. Jan 13, 12:37

Vayde wrote:Any further forward on this issue Nico?
Hey Vade, just droped from vacation today, and I was occupied with Khaak Invasion in the time before my vacation.
I already made some changes to fix ADS, but I had no time to test them jet. Aanswer to your question: Yes, I am still on the problem.
Just give me some time to draw breath and play a little TC, before proceeding with ADS. :)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Fri, 4. Jan 13, 13:41

Hi Nico, I hope you enjoyed your vacation and you are feeling refreshed. Breathing is important and I would encourage you to continue doing so :)

I'm sure ADS will be ready when you are so no rush.
Still life in the old dog yet...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 4. Jan 13, 17:06

Hi, since you stated that you play XRM - there is a class of M3 Bombers there (M3B) that are normal M3 to game engine.

Would it be possible for you to make ADS script that would create a bomber wing (for anti-capship, anti-station duty) out of selected ships (could be useful to people not playing XRM)?

Edit:
I would also have use of "Emergency recall/jump" command. This would be a sector wide command with 4 phases:
1) set time in seconds - time delay for phase 3.
2) select destination sector
3) all fighter class units get back to their homeships/bases.
4) after time set in phase 1 all jump capable ships jump to sector destination (selected in phase 2). If fighter recalled in phase 2 don't make on time and don't have jump drive they will attemp to fly/escape to their homeships via gates.

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 23:49

Such a waste to add all these new fixes and features but then don't upload a working version. Your last version has left over testing code for Khaak invasions and multiple little bugs. Defending wing leaders continually dock and undock. There is often spam about wings being destroyed that don't even exist. Sending a dock all command to defending fighters causes a hard lockup. Did you ever get this stable enough for play?

Edit: Also I found anarkis.acc.cmd.attack.return is being called by anarkis.acc.task.autocarrier but the file is missing from the download.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 21:17

Binesi wrote:Such a waste to add all these new fixes and features but then don't upload a working version. Your last version has left over testing code for Khaak invasions and multiple little bugs. Defending wing leaders continually dock and undock. There is often spam about wings being destroyed that don't even exist. Sending a dock all command to defending fighters causes a hard lockup. Did you ever get this stable enough for play?

Edit: Also I found anarkis.acc.cmd.attack.return is being called by anarkis.acc.task.autocarrier but the file is missing from the download.
*sigh* I know I know. I am aware of most of the bugs you mention. I began destroying them a while ago, but then some other project seemed much more interresting to me - and I got tired with ADS. Not because it does not interest me but because it's so damn complicated and has quite a number of scripts.
At the moment, I am occupied with programming a tool for the sector size changer. I deceided to do that in C#. I began with zero knowledge on that language and I am still being tortured every day by my lack of knowledge.
I am no programmer, but a simple gamer, who got more and more involved to modding.
So odds are quite high for me. Also, real life demands its toll and I lack the time I would like to invest in all of this.
Nevertheless, I got remorses about this project here and I promise to not abandon it, just have patience with me, k?

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 21:42

I understand totally. I've done it myself... a few times. You get the initial interest, you start putting in the ideas but then something bogs down near the end, and its just a game. There are more important things to do :)

I guess I just wanted to make sure you didn't have some version sitting on your hard drive that was at least functional - because WOW - so cool to see real wings flying in formation doing attack from your carrier! I really want to use it.

Its ok though. I'll just go back to CODEA and finish my game and move on. Getting tired of CODEA doing everything in it's own special way and not really integrating with the rest of the game though. I was tempted to work on ADS too but aaah.... so much time it would require.

Thanks for the reply! If you get a new version up before I get bored with X again I will definitely give it a try.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”