[SCRIPT][AP] ANCC Scramble - An ADS module [V0.7 - 03/10/13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Tue, 15. Oct 13, 20:16

Brokkoli wrote: Then I have one more question: What version of ADS should I use with ANCC? Right now I am using the real wings edition, but for no particular reason.
Both should work fine for ANCC, it mostly depend on what ADS feature you are using. Automated carrier don't really work on the Real Wing Edition but the attack/protect command is better.
On the next version of ADS i will implement my own solution as i'm not really satisfied with both. I want the attack command to take into account surrounding target when the primary target is destroyed instead of docking immediatly. For defensive wing i want the wing aware of the entire formation of the ship to protect. If you protect a freighter which is part of a convoy, the wing should also protect the other freighters of the convoy.

You said the radar range is taken from the ADS setup data. What radar range exactly? The only range I have found is in the automated carrier options, defensive wing awareness and response range. Which one is used?
It is the radar range set in the automated carrier option, as this is the only option available in the original ADS version. The awareness and response range are new ADS - RWE settings.

My opinion regarding landing behaviour would be to test for the landing computer on fighters. At least for the player the landing computer does exactly what the fighters are doing. Testing for a transpoerter device on the carrier seems also logical to me.
The problem with docking computer is compatibility with XRM and other mods that change the ware size to XL (i know there is a patch for XRM but i want to ensure maximum compatibility when possible). I will think about it.
For future versions I have some ideas:
- Catapult start / Transporter start (with an on/off switch)
...or some other means to get the fighters out faster.
Yeah, i would like to implement that. I have to find a good way to handle that.
- Option to cancel a retreat order
Unfortunetly i think this a bit too difficult to implement properly unless i totally stop relying on ADS. But it would be a lot of work to remove all ADS dependancies.

- turbo boost feature (with an on/off switch)
I got spoiled by the fast DCS2 drones :roll: . Implementation if possible with an option to set the % speed increase. A balanced implementation could be to give fighters a 10 second turbo just after launching and another 10 sec turbo when retreating.
I will think about it, but i'm not sure how to implement this properly with how my script is currently working.

- ANCC scramble rocket attack hotkey
The idea is to use big missiles on fighters more intelligently. For example I give them tornados or hornets, I only want my fighters to use them on big ships, not some m3/m4/m5. So select target, press hotkey, fighters fire missiles on target.
Not that I know any scripting, but might it be possible to implement this via missile fire percentage? Check if fighter is attacking marked target, if yes then increase missile fire percentage. Might not even need a seperate hotkey, just use the priority target. So basically, increased missel fire percentage on the priority target.
It can probably be done. I will probably look into it after the next version.

Thanks for the ideas, i didn't get too much feedback on ANCC. :)

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 05:25

@anachron: you should work with Nicoman to integrate ANCC into his ADS RWE edition; less headache to manage two sets of scripts? :)

In your previous post about XRM, I'd suggest using M3B's as a look for bomber support as M8 docking is finicky. I'd love to see it integrated and have some awesome carrier fun hehehehe...
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 09:17

Anarchon13 wrote:Thanks for the ideas, i didn't get too much feedback on ANCC.
Hey Anarchon, I am also only getting feedback if something does not work :D. But dudes, really - try his version if not already done, and give feedback...after all, best feeling is, when your hard work pleases others and you give positive feedback.
To my shame, I must confess I have not tried ANCC yet. Sorry for that. I am just too busy getting next feature of ADS - RWE done. Should be ready this week, if I am lucky (I am never lucky).
But then I will test ANCC on a Khaak infested sector - and give some feedback.
:idea: Someone should make statistics of how the performance is between ADS / ADS - ANCC / ADS - RWE / CODEA under equal starting conditions. Then publishing the results: osses, times and so on...(Phew - would be lot of work)

Mad_CatMk2 wrote:@anachron: you should work with Nicoman to integrate ANCC into his ADS RWE edition; less headache to manage two sets of scripts? :)
As for me, I just wanted to improve some aspects of ADS. So, I began changing and adding to ADS. I noticed Anarchons work only recently, so I had no chance working together with him.
Aside from that, I never worked in a team or something, simply because I think that my coding skills are not high enough and I am too slow.
Another point is, coding is for me like....gaming - like forming a lump of plasticine the way I want it to be - its fun. When working together, you have to make compromises, and I don't know if this would be as much fun as working alone.
But, if someone is willing, I have no problems with using my code in parts, as a whole or whatever in an own work :).

redagent

Post by redagent » Mon, 2. Mar 15, 23:35

If somebody still here...
Just want to ask - What the difference between ADS command "Clear sector" and ANCC "Scramble all ships" - besides the "ANCC priority target" command.
Apologize for Grammar! English is not my first language.
Played X2 for months. Played X3 for years. Played XR for one week. Now playing X3...

Monmeral

Re: [SCRIPT][AP] ANCC Scramble - An ADS module [V0.7 - 03/10/13]

Post by Monmeral » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 10:34

Can anyone give me a working link?

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT][AP] ANCC Scramble - An ADS module [V0.7 - 03/10/13]

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 21:21

Monmeral wrote:
Fri, 23. Sep 22, 10:34
Can anyone give me a working link?
https://www.xdownloads.co.uk/index.php? ... Itemid=116