[MOD] [AP] Family Fortune (March 9, 2013)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 11:34

I agree, it's fun to dive right to the war and the way you've set it up makes it possible to start up OSR shipbuilding and industry in a way that really lends itself to roleplay.

Thanks for all your work!

My only (tiny!) complaint, as I go back and play Transcend on the side, is that it feels like you should start in a luxury TP! ;)

I ended up restarting and cheating in a Phantom just so that I could fly it to Enduring Light. Gotta set the proper mood!:D

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 18:48

Thanks guys! I'm happy you are enjoying this mod. :)

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 10:19

This would be compatible with Cadius X-tra Station/Shippack right? How do I make them compatible.
F signature

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 14:03

Peanutcat wrote:This would be compatible with Cadius X-tra Station/Shippack right? How do I make them compatible.
Since both mods add new ships, thereby affecting common configuration files, you would have to combine them.

Because I always do everything manually, I've never used Cycrow's Plugin Manager, but apparently a lot of people use that for combining mods (I think). You may want to take a look at that.

Thanks.

philmac
x3tc

Post by philmac » Fri, 31. Aug 12, 13:14

the whole fleet shows up as argon Mamoths :?

Thias
x3tc

Post by Thias » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 21:00

I am using version 1.4 - And I am missing the unfocussed jump drive... Shouldnt it be there? (Yes, I assigned a hotkey .. Shift-U). But when I press it, it just beeps.
I did a "reset script cache" once - is this the reason?

Edit: I managed to script the thing back into my game, by adding the ware "USJD" to the PLAYERSHIP...
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Ziel verlässt Feuerrreichweite."
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Hier ist mein Schiff."

gmargaro
xr

Post by gmargaro » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 11:46

Hi,

Does this mod works on a french X3AP ?
I miss the ships from Transcend, but i love the ehancements AP offers...

I don't mind if the mod stays in english, as long as i can use it on a french game.

Edit : I tested yesterday, and it does exactly what i want : The game stays in french but a few things are in english (This mod and some scripts i use)

Thanks Observe.

SIKY
x3tc

Post by SIKY » Tue, 13. Nov 12, 23:03

Does this mod works on a french X3AP ?
I miss the ships from Transcend, but i love the ehancements AP offers...

I don't mind if the mod stays in english, as long as i can use it on a french game.

Une traduction FR a été envoyé à Observe ce jour par XchangGuild, j'espère que celle ci sera inclue prochainement.

French translation has be send to Observe this day, I hope it's will be in the mod in few days.

Thank's a lot Observe for yours ships and mod

sorry for my bad english ^^
:D

foxglow
x4

Post by foxglow » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 15:33

Just to say, WOW, awesome mod, I've been playing the X series since X beyond the frontier and have never ever bothered much with looking at Mods, and it seems I've missed out a bit :(

I re-started playing AP about 2 weeks ago and thought why not look at the Mods available and do something different.

Well I found the post re your Trancend mod which looked really interesting but alas you are obviously not running it anymore, as the website hosting the files is no longer accessable and then I discovered your mod for AP which includes the ships from your main mod, and I have to say I love those new ships, especially the Hailstorm, what a beast she is :) Albeit maybe a bit overpowered, but I still love her :)

With FAA up top and below and to the rear and PPC front left and right, she kicks a lot of XXse :) The way the guns swival round to follow their targets is real cool. I sent one into Xenon sector 472 and while I was in sector I just sat back and watched her obliterate the whole sector and come away with still 20% shielding left on her back.

nice job guys thank you for the effort put in to the mod :)

Foxy

Anubis Khan
x4

Help!

Post by Anubis Khan » Fri, 8. Feb 13, 11:42

I would love to give this mod a try, but I have tried multiple times to download the mod file, every time Winzip, WinRar, and 7zip all report the archive is corrupt. :evil:

Does anybody have a working version that they would be willing to send me?

Thanks!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 23:13

This mod has moved to a new forum. It is available here. I've verified file integrity, and it should work fine for you.

Thanks!

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Thu, 7. Mar 13, 02:14

This isn't showing up in my new game list. I have the mod selected, I even tried the fake patch method - I never see the Family Fortune start. Anything I can do to fix this?

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 7. Mar 13, 02:36

Chroniss wrote:This isn't showing up in my new game list. I have the mod selected, I even tried the fake patch method - I never see the Family Fortune start. Anything I can do to fix this?
I'll get back to you shortly. Have to set up my AP back to vanilla.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 7. Mar 13, 03:02

Thanks Stu! I am doing the same.

@Chroniss: Either Stu or I will get back with you on solution.

Thanks

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 16:44

Version 1.6.0 is now available.

Changes:

- Added missing files
- Updated files for compatibility with AP version 2.5.3
- Other minor improvements

Download and installation instructions are here.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this update.

Thanks

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 17:22

Several people have PM'd me asking where they can get this mod. The file download for this mod has been offline until recently. The new link is here.

For those interested, our old site (xr3dmod.com) is being moved to www.worldwidemods.com

I apologize to those who experienced difficulties locating the mod file. We will continue moving our legacy content from xr3dmod.com (now closed) to our new site.

Thanks

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 20:36

Nice mod, but unfortunately conflicting with AP3.0 Detector...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 20:42

karabAs wrote:Nice mod, but unfortunately conflicting with AP3.0 Detector...
Conflicting in what way, karabAs?

I was not able to download the mod to look at it.

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 21:19

In Artificial Life settings: ReadText8552-201
In Hotkeys: ReadText8552-204
Last edited by karabAs on Tue, 18. Jun 13, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 21:25

Does Family Fortune use page 8552? If so, then it needs to be updated for AP 3.0 (as you said).
  • (@Observe: Pages in the range of 8550-8600 are risky for conflicts.)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”