[MOD] Terran Conflict plots 2.2a for Albion Prelude 3.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 13:54

Alex Corvis wrote:Did you start a new game after installation?
Knew there'd be something I'd forget to add in the description... :roll:
Alex Corvis wrote:Btw what's the reason for disabling the AP main plot? Or let me ask the other way round: why would I need to install that mod if it just converts AP into a TC version with a different map (and a few new ships)?

Don't get me wrong, the description sounds great and I will try it for sure. But disabling the AP plot does not make sense to me.

The reason it was disabled was there were stages that relied on the players 'war score' changing by getting involved in the war sectors - with the war disabled it takes a bit more effort to get the plot to play without the ready made war going on... It is being worked on to be added back in later...

The reason for doing it was AP has a lot of new features - better OOS combat, bigger menus etc... etc..., but, in my opinion, lacking in content - three (shortish) plots and then you're left with the same sandbox except with a war zone where nothing gets resolved and instant death for player owned ships...
TC on the other hand is heavy on the content - nine plots, plus the Corporations. So with this you get the new features added to AP, but with TC's content... :)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 15:33

Instead of combining half a dozen freely available mods and scripts, refining the interface and then selling the result, Egosoft cold have just released it as a patch for TC.

Result, huge applause and commendations from an already loyal fan base and some nice publicity prior to X:R's release.

Admittedly they would be down on a bit of revenue but it's never really been about the money anyway, has it?
Still life in the old dog yet...

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 16:56

dillpickle wrote:It is being worked on to be added back in later...
Yippie :D

Vacuity

Post by Vacuity » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 17:00

Just a note to say that I've been trying this out and it seems to be working thus far. The 1.1 version fixed the visual oddities with the Argon trading stations, I haven't checked the pirate bases yet, which were the other stations with weird bits I noticed in v1.0.

Thanks a lot, and I look forward to future updates.

Vac

skullscar

Post by skullscar » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 17:33

no i didnt start new game... well this is a plot i wont be doing cause i cant stand to loose everything i have now hehe

edit: ok, i started new game just to see does it work. the answer is no. on the start i revealed all sectors and there are no khaak sectors again. enduring light is now unknown sector but no new sectors have been added.
im using battlestar galactica mod, menagerie shipyard and cycrow cheats ap plugin
edit 2: hub plot wont start. requirements are boron rank kings knight (level 8 ) and apprentice trader (level 6). my boron rank is 10 and trade rank is magnate (level 26). i believe i know the reason for this- i finnished hub plot in albion prelude storyline and i have control over it now so thats why the mission wont start
Last edited by skullscar on Wed, 20. Jun 12, 21:24, edited 5 times in total.

Bredahl

Post by Bredahl » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 19:34

This is awesome!
So nice that I actually had to finally make a forum account, to thank you for it.

So yea, thank you very much :wink:

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 22:59

I'm not far off releasing IEX 1.3a and at that point I was going to convert the latest XRM map to use it also... and then try and keep up with the changes.

I was also going to add an IEX version for this [MOD] [AP] Terran Conflict plots for AP (TCAP) - v1.1 Work in Progress (05.05.2012) by Black147.
The question is, is this the mod now to go for as I think Black147 got stopped by an act of god... :?
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 03:57

skullscar wrote:battlestar galactica mod
BSG Mod has it's own map and thats why you have missing sectors and the main reason this mod won't work.

2 or more Mods that include any of these things:

Extra or changed Ships
Extra or Changed factories and Docks
Extra or Changed Wares
Extra or Changed Sectors/Altered or New Maps
Insert other stuff that overwrites Vanilla or mod files

will not work together unless merged or made specifically for other mods.

The Plots Mod is made for vanilla AP, but you can use some mods that don't change any of the files that Plots uses.

My Shipyard only accesses vanilla stuff and so is safe.
Cycrows cheats Pack doesn't interfere with any files either and so is safe.
BSG alters a ton of stuff, most importantly the Map and so is not safe.

HTH

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

skullscar

Post by skullscar » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 12:19

i downloaded and reinstalled plots again. now i can do final fury plot but cant start treasure hunt or terran plot. so to play everything i must delete bsg mod... damn
edit: ah well... i have to play these plots hehe. so im installing albion again. time to spam my capital ship fleet right on start

veryinky

Post by veryinky » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 15:36

Done the Terran, Goner plots, doing the Treasure Hunt plot now (Got the Argon Carrier captured message, flying around near Brennen's Triumph for the quest)

Only bug I've noticed so far is a minor one in the Goner plot, when failing to follow that ship to the pirate base (was too close and he jumped away). I recieved a message with %text% in it. A second pirate ship spawned anyway so I was able to complete the mission.

I did like that during the Terran plot, after the pirate nova is scared away, the mission guidance points to the pirate base.

The terran plot pirate+4 xenon L attacking a freighter mission was actually difficult because in AP the defence fleets are actually competent. They kept wiping out the L's in seconds in PTMI HQ and Nyan's Hideout. Had to wait for them to spawn in Green Scales. I love that mission mostly because it gives me an in character reason to milk the repeated L spawns (they'll keep making more, to raid the convoys, to make more L's, which I steal. As a Terran I have no problem with this since they're not raiding Terran convoys.) Except the missile frigates in those sectors simply shoot a few missiles and wipe out the entire wing as soon as they show up on the map.

That's not a bug though, just something I thought interesting.

Vacuity

Post by Vacuity » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 18:38

I have a bug.

The Unknown Sector just east of Quiet Tides doesn't show up on the universe map. It can be entered normally and there doesn't seem to be any problem with the sector in-game, it just won't show up on the universe map.

Some good news (though not for the Split concerned) is that the scripted sector invasion by the Khaak seems to be functioning correctly and the sector Patriarch's Conclusion is being disassembled station by station. It seems even AP's race response fleets aren't sufficient to combat the swarm...

Otherwise things seem to be functioning smoothly. I have to admit I've been spending most of my time learning how to make money off the stock exchange and running taxi and asteroid scan missions. :P

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 21:30

veryinky wrote:Only bug I've noticed so far is a minor one in the Goner plot, when failing to follow that ship to the pirate base (was too close and he jumped away). I recieved a message with %text% in it. A second pirate ship spawned anyway so I was able to complete the mission.
Looks like an error in the 'vanilla' coding... Normal follow ship missions if you get too close the ship jumps away (destroyed), for the purpose of the plot a new ship is created in a random nearby sector - the message uses a variable - {object.sector.name@L2M03 Scene 4.FollowShip} to get the sector name for the message, problem is the message is sent before the ship is created, so is unable to find a sector for it. An easy fix...
Vacuity wrote:The Unknown Sector just east of Quiet Tides doesn't show up on the universe map. It can be entered normally and there doesn't seem to be any problem with the sector in-game, it just won't show up on the universe map.
It shows up fine for me... Will double check the packed files to make sure nothing has gone amiss.
Bredahl wrote:This is awesome!
So nice that I actually had to finally make a forum account, to thank you for it.
Thank you... And welcome to the forum... :)

Kodiak88
x3tc

Post by Kodiak88 » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 01:00

I'll echo the Thank You replies as well. I've been porting a few of my favorite AP ships into TC, but the UI improvements make a larger difference than I realized. Having the TC plots in AP is absolutely perfect for me. Great Idea, Great Timing, and Great Execution. :)

Moonrat wrote:I'm not far off releasing IEX 1.3a *snip*
The question is, is this the mod now to go for as I think Black147 got stopped by an act of god... :?
Please do. This Mod, IEX, and the Xtra Ship/Station Pack are all on my must-haves, and the less I have to struggle to get them all to play nicely together the better. :)

Black147
x3ap

Post by Black147 » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 09:34

Moonrat wrote:The question is, is this the mod now to go for as I think Black147 got stopped by an act of god...
I'll need another 3 weeks to get back and running. I haven't tested this mod, but it looks good and more complete than mine. Dillpickle has permission to use whatever he wants from my mod.
I don't give a crap who finishes this project, as long as it gets done and fully running. If it doesn't have to be me, even better :D

dillpickle: As for other mods and map compats, see PM. I'll get back to you too in a bit Moonrat :)

Vacuity

Post by Vacuity » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 11:45

Hmm, wandered into the Goner sector and found that I couldn't start the plot for them. The blue book symbol is there along with the NPC to contact, but the dialogue option to start the plot doesn't exist when you comm that character.

As I recall, the Goner plot had no particular requirements to start, right?

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 12:07

Moonrat,

if and when U fininsh and release the mod to add the TC plots to the IEX/XRM, would they need a clean start? And what about the PHQ & Hub plot that AP has on the ver 2.0, if a player has already finished them, would the mod overwrite those two plots?

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 13:27

Vacuity wrote:Hmm, wandered into the Goner sector and found that I couldn't start the plot for them. The blue book symbol is there along with the NPC to contact, but the dialogue option to start the plot doesn't exist when you comm that character.

As I recall, the Goner plot had no particular requirements to start, right?
Sounds like you have something that isn't quite right - If the mission is there, but the conversation isn't, then that would suggest you have something taking precedence over the conversations file in the mod - either in a later CAT/DAT, in the Mod folder, or loose in the addon/t folder. Might also account for your missing sector in the galaxy map.

What else do you have installed, or perhaps left over from previous mods?
i64man wrote:Moonrat,

if and when U fininsh and release the mod to add the TC plots to the IEX/XRM, would they need a clean start? And what about the PHQ & Hub plot that AP has on the ver 2.0, if a player has already finished them, would the mod overwrite those two plots?
As far as I'm aware Moonrat isn't doing a mod to add TC Plots to anything.
What he does is IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement which creates new sector backgrounds for the existing Universe, what he said is he's considering making an IEX compatible map for the XRM universe, and maybe one for this mod - which he's welcome to do.

As for making this mod compatible with XRM, I won't be doing it. XRM changes and adds far too much to make it an easy or viable conversion. Plus the fact that I'm not prepared to run through all the plots every time XRM is updated (approx. every two weeks) to make sure they still play OK.

Vacuity

Post by Vacuity » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 16:34

dillpickle wrote:Sounds like you have something that isn't quite right - If the mission is there, but the conversation isn't, then that would suggest you have something taking precedence over the conversations file in the mod - either in a later CAT/DAT, in the Mod folder, or loose in the addon/t folder. Might also account for your missing sector in the galaxy map.

What else do you have installed, or perhaps left over from previous mods?
I don't think I have anything "left over". I have numeric ranks, scan target object hotkey, Marcon Clone Station, the scripts that accompany Scorp's X3 map program and this mod installed. This mod is installed via the mods folder and I have no fake patches. I don't really see how any of those other mods could be interfering with the plot, but maybe I can reinstall stuff and check. I'll post (or edit) back with the results later.

Thanks for paying attention to support in any case! :)

Edit: Confirmed by deleting the AP folder, getting Steam to re-download the files, then reinstalling the above stuff (minus Marcon Clone Station as I wasn't using it anyway) and went back to talk to the Goners. Exactly the same situation. Just to confirm in case it has any relevance, I am using the English version of the game.

I'll try starting a new game and flying over there asap to check on it.

Edit2: Ahh! Interesting! I used the Argon Patriot start and upon leaving Omicron Lyrae was offered the bridging mission to start the Terran plot. This didn't happen with my existing game, but I assumed that was because I was still harmless, but in the Argon Patriot start I am also harmless and have much lower Argon rep than I had in my save game. Entering Elysium of Light I contacted the big Goner ship and successfully started the mission.

So in summary: Both the Terran and Goner plots (and possibly more?) are buggered in my existing game, but are functional with a new game. I should probably have checked the new start before deleting and reinstalling everything, shouldn't I?

What would cause that? Would that be something to do with updating from v1.0 to 1.1 of this mod? Would it be something to do with the Humble Merchant start? I guess I'll have to start a new game (again), but I suppose I'm a little concerned that I'll get hours into the game before discovering the plots are broken again...

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 19:15

dillpickle wrote:As far as I'm aware Moonrat isn't doing a mod to add TC Plots to anything.
What he does is IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement which creates new sector backgrounds for the existing Universe, what he said is he's considering making an IEX compatible map for the XRM universe, and maybe one for this mod - which he's welcome to do.
Correct, I've left the noble task of getting the TC plots into AP to far greater minds. My mod alters the backgrounds, fog, suns, lighting, planets & moons. ie. All the non man/alien-made galactic physical elements.

My obligations to RL will shortly drop off in a week or so when spouse & sprogs head to Europe leaving me with 4 weeks of glorious isolation with only Luna for company (yes even the dog has a galactic theme). I am currently completing the finishing touches to IEX 13.a and I will release it soon. Time permitting I shall then produce a fully up-to-date map for use with XRM (with required 'T' files etc.) and then one for the TC plots mod for AP. My original quandry was which 'TC plots' mod to target. This thread or the one by Black147 [MOD] [AP] Terran Conflict plots for AP (TCAP) - v1.1 Work in Progress (05.05.2012).

Eventually IE & IEX should be numbered after the 'TC Plots for AP' otherwise the map (with extra stuff) for IEX will not be active having been supceeded by the 'TC plots map'. If this is done now it'll throw a spanner in the works. It is for this reason why I need to make a compability mod. so that a player gets IEX elements with the plots. The only currently viable combination is the order IE+IEX+TCplots... the plots should be fine but you'll lose some (but not all) of the IEX beautification.
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 08:14

Vacuity wrote:Edit2: Ahh! Interesting! I used the Argon Patriot start and upon leaving Omicron Lyrae was offered the bridging mission to start the Terran plot. This didn't happen with my existing game, but I assumed that was because I was still harmless, but in the Argon Patriot start I am also harmless and have much lower Argon rep than I had in my save game. Entering Elysium of Light I contacted the big Goner ship and successfully started the mission.

So in summary: Both the Terran and Goner plots (and possibly more?) are buggered in my existing game, but are functional with a new game. I should probably have checked the new start before deleting and reinstalling everything, shouldn't I?

What would cause that? Would that be something to do with updating from v1.0 to 1.1 of this mod? Would it be something to do with the Humble Merchant start? I guess I'll have to start a new game (again), but I suppose I'm a little concerned that I'll get hours into the game before discovering the plots are broken again...
Curious... The fact that you are getting the Blue Book mission icons in your current game suggests the mod has installed OK, considering you are also getting the correct conversations with a new game start means the mod has the correct conversation file, the question then is why is the existing game not reading the correct file...?

I'm not sure if you use the Plugin Manager, but a couple of fixes in Cycrow's update for it yesterday were to do with the conversations file, and looking back it seems it may have been doing odd things with it.

One thing you may like to try for your existing game is I have uploaded the mods t file, as well as a small director file to 'refresh' the Goner and Terran Link initial conversations. If you extract it to the addon folder, then as it's 'loose' it should be the file the game reads, and see if you get the conversations in your existing game.

AP_TC_text_files.zip

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”