Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2) v1.05 [TC][AP][SCR]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 08:33

I just gave you two good solutions.

killer1810
x3ap

Post by killer1810 » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 05:11

Well, i can't make ships (falcon haulers) to drop nividium at home base in unknown sectors. After they finish mining and get full cargo, they just stop, disabling command. Only way to unload them: freight exchange with other ship. Any way to fix it?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 08:06

There is a limit to how far the miners will look for a base to unload. If your unknown sectors are too far from home base, then yeah; they just stop.

You can set up a TS with CLS software to unload the miners while they work. When it fills up then you can send THAT to unload the cargo.

killer1810
x3ap

Post by killer1810 » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 16:03

They are not too far away, less then 10km from set homebase, but still ignore it. Unknown sector is where i jump with UFJD. I will try CLS, ty ^^
I use Albatros as home base, but after first fail, i tried Aran as homebase, with same results.
+ Mayby it's not the case, but when i use advance plugin manager and verify installed files, it say that he miss some files, mostly ".DS_Store".

Found the answer on 4-5 page. I needed "transporter device".
Anyway, thank you very much for quick replies ^_^ Have a good time :oops:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 23:36

killer1810 wrote:TUnknown sector is where i jump with UFJD.
Oh, I see. That is not an unknown sector. It is Undefined Space.

killer1810 wrote:Found the answer on 4-5 page. I needed "transporter device".
Good work. Glad you found the culprit. :)

OwnlyMe
x4

Post by OwnlyMe » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 23:39

Bugs:
When the hull is damaged, most of the time the ships can't find a shipyard and start spamming messages about it.
When they do have repaired, they often get stuck and hang around the shipyard forever.

BTW: It's really hard to clear sectors from rocks. In Cloudbase SW there are around 200k silicon wafers and 500k ore

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 23:48

OwnlyMe wrote:Bugs:
When the hull is damaged, most of the time the ships can't find a shipyard and start spamming messages about it.
Others have reported this, but I can't figure out how they do it. :(

In any case, I believe that one solution is to set a homebase for your ships, such as your PHQ or perhaps an Aran full of Marines (with Marines Repairs active). The miners will prefer to repair at homebase.

You can set homebase easily for an entire wing of miners.

OwnlyMe wrote:Bugs:
It's really hard to clear sectors from rocks.
If memory serves, I don't think that you can clear sectors in AP. You could in TC, but they changed the mining rules slightly in AP.

OwnlyMe
x4

Post by OwnlyMe » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 00:07

DrBullwinkle wrote:If memory serves, I don't think that you can clear sectors in AP. You could in TC, but they changed the mining rules slightly in AP.
Yes you can, even out of sector.
but it takes reeeaaaallllyy long.
my cloudbase SW is almost empty now, and on my (cheated) TL are the mentioned amounts of wares.
Can't really say how long it took. probably around 60 ships for 13 days

For the repair problem, i figured out that 4x 25 MJ shields are enough so ships don't get damaged
Last edited by OwnlyMe on Tue, 13. Jun 17, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 00:08

Excellent.

Thanks for the report, OwnlyMe.

century

Post by century » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 11:33

hi there

i use Propector for now, but i like your idea about wings of miners

is there any conflict between Prospector and MM MK2 ?

i think they are using some same pck files

thanks anyway

KindOfCat
x3

Post by KindOfCat » Tue, 8. May 18, 23:00

Hello Everyone, I am looking for the Mobile Mining MK 2 mod. I don't see it in the locations that are linked in this post. Has it been removed for some reason?

If anyone has a link to its current location that they could post, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 9. May 18, 08:26

I adjusted the download link in the opening post, so that it lets you download the file directly.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ZosX
x3ap

Re: Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2) v1.05 [TC][AP][SCR]

Post by ZosX » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 13:50

Sorry to necro this thread, but it doesn't mine Ice. I tried even with the stock cycrow script that comes with AP and while it mines ore and silicon ok, it doesn't see any Ice despite an asteroid being present in the system. I think Ice itself is bugged. I stepped it through the debugger and can't see anything wrong with the script itself. I made another post in the technical support forum because this seems like a bug in X3 itself.

Can anyone else confirm this?

ZosX
x3ap

Re: Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2) v1.05 [TC][AP][SCR]

Post by ZosX » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 05:38

I rewrote part of the script the fixes damaged miners so they now properly return to a nearby shipyard or homebase. I actually need to test this out some more, but I see what was going wrong. It calls a base game script called !repair.ship or whatever and as best as I can tell, the whole script just doesn't work. I was going to rewrite that script, but since its part of the base game it seemed like a better idea to just inject some code into the miner script. They also will now complain if they cannot repair themselves at the homebase. What I need to do next is make a call in the script to just end all actions. I haven't worked with their scripting language before but now that I'm playing with it, its fairly straight forward. I really need to dig into what it can and cannot do though before I get too involved in making this script any better. I don't know if the original author plans on maintaining this mod anymore so maybe a mk3 would be a good idea? Its a great script that worked perfectly in X3:TC. I don't really understand what has changed with AP that it won't repair anymore because the base repair script is identical between both games as far as I can tell. The file size is slightly different though so for fun I copied over the TC version of the script and ran it and had the same exact issue. It makes some weird if statements that I don't really understand why they were called in the first place because they look like sanity checks but likely just break the script. Anyways, I'll test this some more and see if I can post and updated version for anyone that remotely cares. It works for me now so that's all I honestly care about, but I'm sure someone out there might appreciate it. It really makes mobile mining a viable option for complete automation IMO. Yeah I know prospector exists, but its honestly too involved for my needs. I'm more than ok just setting up a TL or mobile mining base and having CLS agents feed off of that. Hell, CAG agents will definitely visit your TL for Ore and Silicon too, so if you have enough running you don't even really need to set up CLS agents. Unless you are really anal and want to maximize your material flow or something. Or profitssssss. But honestly, is money even an issue in this game after a certain point? I'm going to say no. But hey, automated nvidium mining is nice.

Now where are those Nvidium asteroids in AP so I can go test that part? :)

I'll try to get the Ice mining working, but I doubt anyone even cares about it. Ore and Silicon are the big 2.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”