[TC][AP][Script][AL] LI Freight Distribution Network (FDN) – v8.04

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

agleave
x3tc

Player HQ as a DC - which sector?

Post by agleave » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 02:00

Hi All,

I'm using X3AP with the XRM mod. I have just installed FDN, but require a sector to have a distribution centre for trading. I am just about to deploy my player HQ, but am curious to see what sectors you all used? All the unknown sectors are full of Khaaks!!?

Also, I am presuming I can have factories scattered all over the universe that can be "merged into" the FDN so it should only be important to have the distribution centre (my player HQ) in a good "trading route sector"?

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 02:27

My understanding is that you do not need to use the DC as the selling point. However, that said, when FDN sells things for you, NPC traders are not involved at all, so the location of the DC is irrelevant. The only limiting factor is how much of the universe FDN has access to. Likely tied to how many stations you have up to date trade info on.

I am running XRM myself and have used Unknown Sector 9-7 as my primary base of operations. It's the sector just East of Legend's Home and has only one gate. I'm not running this playthrough primarily for trading, though. I'm putting together self-sufficient factory complexes in my home sector in preperation for building and equipping a fleet to start conquering the universe (most of it, at least...) For me, I must be absolutely self-sufficient as once I get going, I will not be able to buy the stations, ships, other equipment, or ammo I'll need.
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:15

Limitations:
- The DC will not monitor Complexes
- The buying and selling of wares will only cover the Sectors in which the player has a deployed Station or Advance Satellite

So yes, if you have any type of Station or Advance Satellite in a sector FDN will have access to that sector for buying & selling, to and from NPC's.

A DC will buy ware if required for production and sell any ware as per the wares settings.
A Trade Post will only sell wares just like the DC, but it doesn't buy.

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:18

Is there still a limitation for distance from an FDN ? Or will it interact with anywhere that has an adv sat in it now ?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:23

apricotslice wrote:Is there still a limitation for distance from an FDN ? Or will it interact with anywhere that has an adv sat in it now ?
Hi Apricotslice,

No limitation on distance now, if you can see it (from a Station of Adv Sat) so can FDN.

I think the distance limit and multiple Nodes (as they were originally) just made it complicated to use and write.

Been this way since version 8 was released.

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:27

Logain Abler wrote:No limitation on distance now, if you can see it (from a Station of Adv Sat) so can FDN.

I think the distance limit and multiple Nodes (as they were originally) just made it complicated to use and write.

Just goes to show, I'm getting out of touch now. I never really did update my mods to FDN v8. I'll have to do that with the next upgrade, currently in planning, since XR flopped.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:30

apricotslice wrote:
Logain Abler wrote:No limitation on distance now, if you can see it (from a Station of Adv Sat) so can FDN.

Just goes to show, I'm getting out of touch now. I never really did update my mods to FDN v8. I'll have to do that with the next upgrade, currently in planning, since XR flopped.
Cool, FDN is script only now, it does not require a modified PHQ with lots of storage to act as a DC like earlier versions. Additional storage is handled virtually now, hence the single DC.

LA

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Thu, 2. Jan 14, 00:14

This is a seriously *COOL* set of scripts you have written Logain, so really well done and thanks a heap for putting the time and effort into writing such code.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 2. Jan 14, 09:36

agleave wrote:This is a seriously *COOL* set of scripts you have written Logain, so really well done and thanks a heap for putting the time and effort into writing such code.

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 19:33

This is great!! I just starting to play again after I couldn't figure out XR and was frustrated with it.

I just started using FDN Lite but this is awesome. I am going to turn off FDN Lite and change over to this.

Any issues with doing this as long as I remove all of my current stations from FDN Lite?
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 19:37

dpadula wrote:This is great!! I just starting to play again after I couldn't figure out XR and was frustrated with it.

I just started using FDN Lite but this is awesome. I am going to turn off FDN Lite and change over to this.

Any issues with doing this as long as I remove all of my current stations from FDN Lite?
No there should be no issues, you will need to turn off FDN-Lite and run for a few minutes, this will clear any running tasks.

LA

Triscopic
x3tc

Post by Triscopic » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 22:11

I love using this version of FDNL.

FYI, I have located a bug and implemented a fix:

BUG: If you complex up stations that are being managed by the DC, they continue to be managed after complexing. As you probably know this leads to complexes running out of goods as intermediate products are beamed away.

FIX: I've added the following snippet of code to plugin.LI.FDN.Supply.Factory.xml:

Code: Select all

$detectable = $factory -> is detectable
  if $detectable != 0
    return null
  end

I added this after the block that begins "*Fetch values saved in the AL Plugin global variable:" and before the block beginning "* flag 1 is for products"

This now allows complexed factories that have somehow made it into FDNL's factory array before complexing to be skipped.

I like FDNL so much I thought it was only fair I "give back" and post my fix. Thanks again!
Proudly lurking since 2004

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Thu, 6. Mar 14, 13:51

I have been using the old node style fdn for some time now and have a reasonable sized empire running nicely. I am wanting to change to this new dc form will there be any other things to look out for apart from just stopping the old and starting the new fdn?

Just to note I was using the full fdn mod with both node and pm models ingame. If possible I would like to keep using them but get rid of the old node style of function.

Kual
x3ap

How does selling work?

Post by Kual » Thu, 6. Mar 14, 15:31

This is something I do not fully understand:

Selling works in sectors I can see (factories, adv sats). So to WHOM are things sold? Are there no NPC ships coming to my DC or factory? Does FDN simply "sell" thins which means subtract a certain amount from virtual space and add the according amount of credits, so wares simply dissapear?

Sorry if I am being stupid here, I just want to fully comprehend what is going on.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 08:31

feygan wrote:I have been using the old node style fdn for some time now and have a reasonable sized empire running nicely. I am wanting to change to this new dc form will there be any other things to look out for apart from just stopping the old and starting the new fdn?

Just to note I was using the full fdn mod with both node and pm models ingame. If possible I would like to keep using them but get rid of the old node style of function.
I would leave it a good 5 minutes before turning on the new FDN, this should allow any tasks to complete.
The new version of FDN is script only so you can use it with or without the original FDN Node/PM dock mod.

Kual wrote:This is something I do not fully understand:

Selling works in sectors I can see (factories, adv sats). So to WHOM are things sold? Are there no NPC ships coming to my DC or factory? Does FDN simply "sell" thins which means subtract a certain amount from virtual space and add the according amount of credits, so wares simply dissapear?

Sorry if I am being stupid here, I just want to fully comprehend what is going on.
FDN will only sell to NPC Factories and Docks.
FDN searches for Stations that require wares which it holds, it creates a TS at the station with the required amount of wares (this is removed from the DC) and uses the existing sell script command to sell the ware. Once complete the TS is destroyed.
The TS has it's home base set to the DC so all credits come from & go to the DC.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 08:34

Triscopic wrote:I love using this version of FDNL.

FYI, I have located a bug and implemented a fix:

BUG: If you complex up stations that are being managed by the DC, they continue to be managed after complexing. As you probably know this leads to complexes running out of goods as intermediate products are beamed away.

FIX: I've added the following snippet of code to plugin.LI.FDN.Supply.Factory.xml:

Code: Select all

$detectable = $factory -> is detectable
  if $detectable != 0
    return null
  end

I added this after the block that begins "*Fetch values saved in the AL Plugin global variable:" and before the block beginning "* flag 1 is for products"

This now allows complexed factories that have somehow made it into FDNL's factory array before complexing to be skipped.

I like FDNL so much I thought it was only fair I "give back" and post my fix. Thanks again!
Hi Triscopic,

I missed this post, great catch, thanks.

LA

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 09:52

FDN will only sell to NPC Factories and Docks.
FDN searches for Stations that require wares which it holds, it creates a TS at the station with the required amount of wares (this is removed from the DC) and uses the existing sell script command to sell the ware. Once complete the TS is destroyed.
The TS has it's home base set to the DC so all credits come from & go to the DC.
Ah, ok, now I understand how it works. That is bloody brilliant actually, because I can control where things should be sold by setting up or omitting satellites. Now I like this fantastic script even more. :D

Thanks for the answer and thanks to X:R, which made me install X3AP + XRM and enjoy all those well designed scripts. 8)

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Thu, 1. May 14, 20:12

Hi, The download link is currently down for this mod.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 1. May 14, 20:17

The site has changed but the file is still there: FDNL at xdownloads.co.uk

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Mon, 12. May 14, 14:07

DrBullwinkle wrote:The site has changed but the file is still there: FDNL at xdownloads.co.uk
DrBullwinkle, many thanks for the new link.

I've installed the mod and have configured it to work but there is some question/help required!

Reasons for using the mod was to eliminate the use of connecters to make complexes.

Background - I have 4 x ore stations, 4 x silcon station and 1 x equipment dock in 1 sector

I suppose I have two questions;

1. I have turned off auto buy/sell so I can use my existing CAG's to do the buying and selling. I have set up 2 CAG's as buyers to buy energy cells by adding the ore and silcon to the black list of wares. I have set 1 CAG to seller, to sell the ore and the silcon as well as black listing energy cells. At the moment none of the CAG’s are moving any of my ore or silcon but buying my buyers are fine! Am I doing anything wrong here?

2. I read somewhere that selling using FDN creates temp ships to load the cargo and go, if that is the case is that the same for buying?

Many thanks,

fiby

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”