[TC][AP][Script][AL] LI Freight Distribution Network (FDN) – v8.04

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zealoth
x4

Post by Zealoth » Sat, 25. May 13, 23:14

I realise it is slightly off-topic, but since the issue stems from me using FDN...

How can I sell Space Fuel?
I've bought a second Argon Trading Station in Montalaar just to have it as a frontend for a horde of Distilleries I tucked away safely in an Unknown Sector.
The problem is, no transports come to it. Ever. Not for Space Fuel.
When I had ECells in there, there was a constant stream of Energy Transports flooding me with 17-a-pop cells (my bad!).
But 727 Space Fuel? Nope. It's like it is invisible to the traders.
When I turn Product Management off, the buyers come, but they are unreliable and my Distilleries fill up and idle.

Can I make FDN leave the booze in factories and only protect from overfilling?
Or maybe i can just make the sorry Trading Station work?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 26. May 13, 05:02

Space Fuel from memory is limited to Argon and Boron. I dont think anyone else buys it. So where you sell it has to border on their space.

Is FDN doing autoselling ? If your not in range to do that, then place a selling station somewhere that is in range of both the node and the customers, and let FDN do the selling.

Zealoth
x4

Post by Zealoth » Tue, 28. May 13, 01:21

Yes, the autoselling works perfect, it's just there isn't much stations that buy (I've got at least 2/3 of the map scouted and covered in advanced sats)

Did Albion Prelude remove the sweet brokedness of Space Fuel? Last time I played X3TC I had like 30 L sized distilleries in a complex supplied by FDN and there was just a horde of transports devouring anything that got produced...but only from the distillery complex, neither node nor trading station were seeing much visitors.

But now I have 5 days of ingame time and the trading post sold maybe 1000 units (to the visitors), the insta-magical selling works, but apparently one Distillery would be enough to crash the market.
Any idea what can I do with 50000 Space Fuel? :D

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 28. May 13, 01:41

Burn it; Fireworks in space!
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Phoenix231

Post by Phoenix231 » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 01:13

I've been playing around with this script trying to see if I can get a decent system set up and I have been able to get a small set up going.

I would like to know if NPC traders have to come to my dock for it to sell stuff or not.

Watching it, it looks like it just sells stuff off, but does it sell ware to the stations in the sector or can it sell to any station in the universe?

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 02:58

Anywhere in the universe that you have an asset; satellite, ship, station.

As to selling stuff, it's automatic. Although if you want to sell to npcs, just put up a separate trade dock, with the sale things setup in there.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

1druid1

FDN not supply factories with energy cells

Post by 1druid1 » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 13:31

Hi Guys

Just new to X3 games and FDN.

Just finished the Albion Plot Terran side and have my HQ. I have this setup in Earth, and I have put 2 ore mines, 2 silicon mines, 1 Ice harvester and 2 Water purifiers in the Sector known as Asteroid belt.

I have my HQ setup as the DC and I have FDN setup to manage all of the above. I also have it setup to buy any resources that any of my factories require. I have given my HQ around 5mill in funds, but for some reason it isnt buying energy cells and supplying my factories with them.

As I am not sure about how to use FDN correctly maybe its something I am missing.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Druid

Logain Abler
x4

Re: FDN not supply factories with energy cells

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 15:38

1druid1 wrote:Hi Guys

Just new to X3 games and FDN.

Just finished the Albion Plot Terran side and have my HQ. I have this setup in Earth, and I have put 2 ore mines, 2 silicon mines, 1 Ice harvester and 2 Water purifiers in the Sector known as Asteroid belt.

I have my HQ setup as the DC and I have FDN setup to manage all of the above. I also have it setup to buy any resources that any of my factories require. I have given my HQ around 5mill in funds, but for some reason it isnt buying energy cells and supplying my factories with them.

As I am not sure about how to use FDN correctly maybe its something I am missing.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Druid
Limitations:
- The DC will not monitor Complexes
- The buying and selling of wares will only cover the Sectors in which the player has a deployed Station or Advance Satellite

Do you have Advance Sats or any Stations in sectors with NPC Solar Power Plants?

1druid1

Post by 1druid1 » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 15:53

Hi Logain

I dont have any advanced sats or stations in a sector with NPC Solar Power, as I said I knew it was something stupid I was doing or in this case wasnt doing. Makes sense that the DC actually has to know where to get the items before buying them.

I hang my head in shame :oops:

Thanks for the reply and help.

Cheers

Druid

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 12:59

Hi,

just installed FDN (and DDN) on top of a current XRM X3AP game.
I started off with a complex of 65 factories and mines gathered in one hub and made sure it was orderly supplied (asteroid belt, terran weapon productions).
Then i installed FDN and saw - no complex support so i removed the hub.
That caused major lag so i used Complex Cleaner to condense the factories (no complex hub).
FDN picked up the FACT(ories) from CC without a problem and is supplying them ok.
But...
Since i installed FDN i am not making money any more but loosing it - i put like 20 mil in the station account and its gone with the wind...

So i assume for onece it will have to do with the location of the PHQ which is in Mars an not in Asteroid Belt - less ships seem to be going there (?) (before i was at docking limit all the time, now its 4 or 5 only).

Edit: But ive seen it actually sells via "Teleport" to all possible stations everywhere where i have a station or advanced satelite? Those should be quite a few places ...

But that would only explain the missing income - i wonder what i am paying for:o
So i added a couple of stations in between (foreign ones for PHQ Repair/ship production) but i added the required resource producing factories too - so i would hope FDN does not have to buy those...

Questions:
Is there a way to see how much resources FDN has to *buy* to supply the stations? Or which resources are missing ?
I used to see that in the complex hub...
-Does FDN require money to supply the "transportation service"? I know this to be the case with "Prospector" and CAG i think
-If yes is there an overview how much i spent on that
-What other reason could there be to loose that much (still a lot at this stage) money?

Thanks,
thomas

edit:

ok,
rusky wrote:
In the meantime I have "hacked" Lucike's CAG Admin "Sector Production Overview" to work for all player owned stations in the Universe. If anyone wants that, just drop me a PM.
that answers one question :)

edit 3:

Ok i think i found kind of an answer...
I blocked the really hot wares like weapons to build up a stock for my own usage, and the slow sellers (intermediate products) were not sold because FDN aparently does not use the regular selling prices for remote selling but the ones defined in Distribution center.
The regular prices ("Adjust station ...") probably only apply to "local" sales ie ships docking...

Still need to find out where all the money is going though :(

Dawgzilla
x3

Post by Dawgzilla » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 18:46

rand__ wrote:Hi,

just installed FDN (and DDN) on top of a current XRM X3AP game.
I started off with a complex of 65 factories and mines gathered in one hub and made sure it was orderly supplied (asteroid belt, terran weapon productions).
Then i installed FDN and saw - no complex support so i removed the hub.
That caused major lag so i used Complex Cleaner to condense the factories (no complex hub).
FDN picked up the FACT(ories) from CC without a problem and is supplying them ok.
But...
Since i installed FDN i am not making money any more but loosing it - i put like 20 mil in the station account and its gone with the wind...

So i assume for onece it will have to do with the location of the PHQ which is in Mars an not in Asteroid Belt - less ships seem to be going there (?) (before i was at docking limit all the time, now its 4 or 5 only).

Edit: But ive seen it actually sells via "Teleport" to all possible stations everywhere where i have a station or advanced satelite? Those should be quite a few places ...

But that would only explain the missing income - i wonder what i am paying for:o
So i added a couple of stations in between (foreign ones for PHQ Repair/ship production) but i added the required resource producing factories too - so i would hope FDN does not have to buy those...

Questions:
Is there a way to see how much resources FDN has to *buy* to supply the stations? Or which resources are missing ?
-Does FDN require money to supply the "transportation service"? I know this to be the case with "Prospector" and CAG i think
-What other reason could there be to loose that much (still a lot at this stage) money?

Thanks,
thomas

edit:

ok,
rusky wrote:
In the meantime I have "hacked" Lucike's CAG Admin "Sector Production Overview" to work for all player owned stations in the Universe. If anyone wants that, just drop me a PM.
that answers one question :)

edit 3:

Ok i think i found kind of an answer...
I blocked the really hot wares like weapons to build up a stock for my own usage, and the slow sellers (intermediate products) were not sold because FDN aparently does not use the regular selling prices for remote selling but the ones defined in Distribution center.
The regular prices ("Adjust station ...") probably only apply to "local" sales ie ships docking...

Still need to find out where all the money is going though :(
I cant answer your whole post but one thing i can say is that FDN does not work with complexes. Logain did not code it to work that way.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 08:55

@ rand__

You can turn on Debug and run for 10 minutes and then send me the file via something like Drop box, this should tell me if FDN is buying resources.

LA

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 13:08

rand__ wrote:Hi,

Questions:
@Complexes - not using those any more.

@my Issues -
I still havent found the hole in my pocket:o but I've found a Trade overview script (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243204 where i can add my PHQ and see what's bought and sold, so i see that the PHQ bought a lot of energy cells and sold some wares too...

Selling is not going as well as i would have expected but i'll blame that on the economy;)
So its not FDN loosing the money i think, but i am not really closer to find out where its going to...

Still the question of getting an overview of used and required resources though ...
Does anyone know a script that lists that?
Totally over all sectors as thats not relevant with FDN any more?;)

Edit:
Logain - is
Global Production Report (GPR) v3
compatible with FDN 8?
Maybe that would help;)

Edit2:

Ok i've found it - Player Workshops automatically bought ship extensions and upgrades for all ships i docked at my PHQ - quite a few ...

And i found the other too - Commercial Agent contains a Sector production overview ... thats what i needed:)

Seran

Post by Seran » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 06:28

Any chance of a rehost? The OP link seems dead :(

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 18:31

Link should be fixed now, sorry for the inconvenience.
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 13:27

Any chance of using this script to automatically deploy to freight docks and trading stations?

I've found no comfy way to distribute my wares from central stock to my various trade outposts...

Tried "Keep Stock Level at" (8) and "Sell stock from" (0) but it never has stock at all...

I know i i could use sth like CAG but thats way too much trouble - i use STO and have a trade station in every overtaken sector (about 20 atm, Ex Argon and Unknown sectors) and if i have to do that per ware per station then i wont be able to do anything else for the rest of the month...

And an idea - you could take a small fee for transportation services, like 0,1% of the transported wares worth...

Ragingpoo
x3tc

Post by Ragingpoo » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 10:09

If you want your distribution center to transfer stock to other post, you need to go into the distribution center control, click on the ware, allow remote access over x, and then go into the station, and set maintain stock over y.

That way, when the particular good in stock in distribution center exceeds x, and stock level drops below y in the station, it will be transferred from dc to station. There's a slight time delay between stock dropping below y and the transfer, but the transfer itself is instant

Delerion
x3ap

Post by Delerion » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 18:07

I have a strange issue with fdn, rather than selling some wares i am producing it just buys more of them, for example starburst shockwave cannons and 1gj shields; it buys tons of them with all the station money and sells some of them out once in a while, i have set these ware to be sold only but it still buys them in large amounts for no apparent reason.

I'm running xrm mod in case it affects.

For now, the only solution i've found is to auto-send money to player account so that the station cant buy expensive stuff at all, just need to figure out how to get rid of 40+ 1gj shields and over 60 starburst shockwave cannons.

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 21:32

Ragingpoo wrote:then go into the station, and set maintain stock over y.
Sounds easy enough but i cant find that part - where can i set that?
In FDN gui or station adjustment or station advanced commands?

Thx

p.s. Ah i found it i think - FDN, Stations, set level there; Add ware here or via Station Menu...

Only question that remains: How can i set a ware layout for many stations at once? I have like 30 USC Logistic Docks and i want them all stocked the same...

basicz
x3ap

Post by basicz » Mon, 5. Aug 13, 08:49

hi guys
I have a very very basic question to ask (i tried searching for it in this thread as well as older threads but cant seem to find anything)

i loaded FDN on my XRM 1.29d for x3ap. I am able to access it through Cycrow's in-game manager, but when I enter the FDN menu it states: "No available factories found"

Yes, I have a number of individual factories in the same sector (not connected as a complex) right next to each other. I wonder what would I be doing wrong?

PS: i seem to recall that I used FDN (thanks for ur great invention Logain!) for x3tc when i played a year back and it was a simple enable-and-go procedure.

Cheers!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”