[TC][AP][Script][AL] LI Freight Distribution Network (FDN) – v8.04

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Logain Abler
x4

Test Build released

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 30. May 12, 19:08

Logain Industries Freight Distribution Network (FDN) v8 Test Build 30/05/2012

Test Build uploaded.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Bug: Menu show/hide selection

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 30. May 12, 21:22

First bug - Menu show/hide selection bust - fixed
Minor cosmetic issue

As this is not a feature breaking issue I will wait for other reports before uploading the fix.

LA

Edit: As only two downloads I've uploaded the corrected file.

Logain Abler
x4

Bug - Dock list not updating ware details showing null

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 30. May 12, 22:46

Bug - Dock list not updating ware details showing null after first Dock
Status - Fixed
Uploaded -Yes - Click to download single file
Impact - None - Cosmetic only

Workaround - Selecting the Dock details will show the correct ware details
Issue - Incorrectly called Global array holding the updated ware summary. This shows as null.

LA
Last edited by Logain Abler on Thu, 31. May 12, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

Logain Abler
x4

SPK file

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 31. May 12, 08:37

SPK File
If anyone has issues with FDN after loading from the .spk file please copy the script file from the download.

I update the .spk file but it looks like the updated script files were not added, I will have to rebuild the .spk file from scratch rather than update.

All the script files are contained the download and can be added manually.

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 31. May 12, 09:45

Last time I tried to make an spk or update one, the whole thing did strange things, so I've gone back to zips.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 31. May 12, 09:58

apricotslice wrote:Last time I tried to make an spk or update one, the whole thing did strange things, so I've gone back to zips.
Yes, I think I had the update .spk issue before but forgot about it :-(

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Bugs!

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 31. May 12, 09:59

Hi All,

Just a quick outline of how I’ll handle bug reports and fixes whilst under testing.
All bugs that come in will be posted by me in the following format:
Bug description – What the bug is or how it manifest itself
Status – Open or fixed
Upload link – For single filer updates I’ll use Dropbox
Impact – Outline if this is a cosmetic or script/feature breaking issue

I’ll also try and provide workarounds and an outline of the issue/cause
I will also post fixes under the test change log which is the second post

LA

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Thu, 31. May 12, 11:19

Just wondering apart from the virtual storage method how this will differ fron FDN v7? I already use v7 and like the real physical storage side of things as a virtual one would be too easy. Will there be any other major changes or improvements?

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 31. May 12, 13:10

@feygan If you read the first few posts, it gives you that information.

@Logain Abler I have the mod and update script; everything is turned on. However I do not see the dock building available in shipyards, nor in the cheat packages list of any wares.
Do I need LIMod to have the station model or should it be there already?
Editing posts since long before I remember.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 31. May 12, 13:19

wwdragon wrote:however I do not see the dock building available in shipyards.
Do I need LIMod to have the station model or should it be there already?
Your missing the point of v8, which is to do away with the need for the mod completely.

So no, you dont need the mod, and there are no specific stations to use it on.

Its designed to use any dock.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 31. May 12, 13:28

:lol: Thanks.

That should be specified somewhere in the intro posts then, cause I did not pick up on the fact that any station can be the DC.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 31. May 12, 13:41

wwdragon wrote::lol: Thanks.

That should be specified somewhere in the intro posts then, cause I did not pick up on the fact that any station can be the DC.
I will update, put in the User Guide and FAQ, but I'll make it a more prominent statement in the first post.

LA

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 31. May 12, 13:54

Cool. :)

I have a feature request: The ability to transfer money in and out of the designated DC.
I'd like to be able to access it from the main FDN menu, via typed in amounts.
It is very easy to use, compared to the station slider, when dealing with large amounts of credits.

I'm home most of today, so I'll keep this going and keep adding factories all over the place. When I get up to around 30 to 50 all told, I can stress test this while using seta.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 31. May 12, 14:03

wwdragon wrote:Cool. :)

I have a feature request: The ability to transfer money in and out of the designated DC.
I'd like to be able to access it from the main FDN menu, via typed in amounts.
It is very easy to use, compared to the station slider, when dealing with large amounts of credits.

I'm home most of today, so I'll keep this going and keep adding factories all over the place. When I get up to around 30 to 50 all told, I can stress test this while using seta.
FDN had this feature and it will be added to v8 for release of v1, the test build is for the core features and supply logic.

So yes :-)

LA

Edit: To be honest I never used the feature mark_a_condren’s Universal Banking v502 is a far superior option.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 31. May 12, 15:47

Thanks. :)

Interesting mod. I'll give it a try later.

Somewhere in the faq, it should be mentioned that not setting any value(default) for the Sell Above Level setting, causes no wares of that type to be sold.

Btw the ability to add all stations to FDN at once is REALLY nice. 8)

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 31. May 12, 15:56

wwdragon wrote:Thanks. :)

Interesting mod. I'll give it a try later.

Somewhere in the faq, it should be mentioned that not setting any value(default) for the Sell Above Level setting, causes no wares of that type to be sold.

Btw the ability to add all stations to FDN at once is REALLY nice. 8)
Does the guide not cover the point?

DC ware management options:
The following options are set at the ware level.

Remote Access past stock level – This is the level, which if set will limit access to the ware by none-production elements

Allow FDN to buy ware – This will allow the DC to buy the ware if required to maintain factory production, this is only called if there is insufficient wares held on the DC
Buy at/or below – This is the price at which or below which the DC will attempt to but the ware

Sell ware past stock level – This will allow the DC to sell the ware once the stock level is higher
Sell ware at/or above - This is the price at which or above which the DC will attempt to sell the ware

Move Ware – This will allow the user to move stock to any owned Station or Ship.

Note: All stock level inputs will accept 0 upwards; the value can be turned off with any negative number such as -1
Note: Wares will be removed from the virtual stock before the physical.

I can say that by defualt the option is not set, but I would have thought it was a given?

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 31. May 12, 16:11

It doesn't specify what the default does, no. If you've never played with the number, you would not know that - means the same as -1.

Oh that reminds me! What is Remote Access used for now; can you give an example, please?

Bugs: When I made a second EQ and switched it to be the control center, the profit from sales still goes to the first EQ!

Switching the control center to the second EQ caused all ware settings to be lost. Please make it transfer them.
Settings were still there when switching back to original EQ.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 31. May 12, 16:24

wwdragon wrote:It doesn't specify what the default does, no. If you've never played with the number, you would not know that - means the same as -1.

Oh that reminds me! What is Remote Access used for now; can you give an example, please?
Remote access is used to limit non-production access to stock, so in this case Docks, I think this is critical to ensure that wares required for production are not lost.
I will be writing supply script which can be called by other scripts; again they will only be able to remove wares above the remote access level.

Will add to the FAQ
wwdragon wrote: Bug: When I made a second EQ and switched it to be the control centre, the profit from sales still goes to the first EQ!
I think I know what this is; the sell script has a wait within each loop to ensure it does not lockup other scripts or processes. It maybe that this only calls the DC ref at the start, I will have a look and see if this is the case. The fix could be to check the DC each loop and if it’s changed exit the sell loop. This will stop the issue and the sell cycle would start again clean on the new DC

Good spot

LA
Last edited by Logain Abler on Thu, 31. May 12, 16:38, edited 3 times in total.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 31. May 12, 16:32

Not a Bug: When I made a second EQ and switched it to be the control centre, the profit from sales still goes to the first EQ!
Status - Cleared
Uploaded - N/A
Impact - Fine

Issue - The sell script has a wait within each loop to ensure it does not lockup other scripts or processes. It maybe that this only calls the DC or Dock ref at the start, I will have a look and see if this is the case.

Update: Confirmed this is not a bug, if the sell process was started on a DC but halfway through the process the player changes DC,the sell of wares and profits from that sale will stay at the original DC. This is how it should be as the sale was initiated by the DC or Dock and should stay there. If the DC is changes, once the new DC starts a sell cycle the profits will go to it correctly.

LA
Last edited by Logain Abler on Thu, 31. May 12, 18:02, edited 3 times in total.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 31. May 12, 16:40

Logain Abler wrote: Oh that reminds me! What is Remote Access used for now; can you give an example, please?

Remote access is used to limit non-production access to stock, so in this case Docks, I think this is critical to ensure that wares required for production are not lost.
I will be writing supply script which can be called by other scripts; again they will only be able to remove wares above the remote access level.

Will add to the FAQ
Ah ok. So right now, there's nothing I can setup to test this function?

Logain Abler wrote: Good spot
LA
:)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”