[Video Tutorial] Mission Director Basics

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

salleonis
x3tc

Post by salleonis » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 19:06

With dillpickle correction

Code: Select all

<check_value value="{object.distance.km@MDTutorial_TopLevel.TutorialShip1}" max="5" />
and Ketraar

<cue_is_complete cue="MDTutorial_TopLevel"/> 
working properly.Thank you people. :)

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 00:25

Ketraar I hope you are still monitoring this post as I have a question to ask about library files within the x3 TC MD. I would like to call a library file within the cue of another file. Basically when a check value passes within the cue the library is called for. I've played with the <cue ref=""/> but there is no way to control what happens. It just reads the tag of the cue itself, does everything within the library file, then continues down into the cue own conditions and actions. I have tried to disable this cue from a parent cue by giving the cue a name and then using that name within the parent cue to cancel the actions of it. for example:

<cue name="this" ref="something"/>

I've tried:
<cue>
<conditions>
<check_all>
<cue_exists cue="this">
</check_all>
<actions>
<do_all>
<cancel_cue cue="this">
</do_all>
</cue>
<cue ref="something" name="this"/>

And that doesn't stop the cue from running. I just don't know what to do. How do you call a library and have the ability to safely use it within a do_all function?

alexalsp
x4

Re: [Video Tutorial] Mission Director Basics

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 16:49

I looked through the files of the Director folder and I had a doubt, but since I'm not strong in this, I want to clarify with knowledgeable people.

Tell me, is there a mistake here?

<set_value name="this.hour" exact="(({value@this.test}-{value@this.hour_okr}*60*24))/60)" comment="hour"/>
and

<set_value name="this.day" exact="(({value@this.test}-{value@this.day_okr}*60*24*30))/60/24+1)"/>
and

<set_value name="this.ShipPrice" exact="{value@this.Price}-({value@this.Price}*(100-{object.hull@this.Gaea}/100)"/>
My suggestion...

<set_value name="this.hour" exact="(({value@this.test}-{value@this.hour_okr}*60*24)/60)" comment="hour"/>
or

<set_value name="this.hour" exact="({value@this.test}-{value@this.hour_okr}*60*24)/60" comment="hour"/>
and

<set_value name="this.day" exact="(({value@this.test}-{value@this.day_okr}*60*24*30)/60/24+1)"/>
and

<set_value name="this.ShipPrice" exact="{value@this.Price}-({value@this.Price}*(100-{object.hull@this.Gaea}/100))"/>
It seems to me that there is an extra bracket in the first two options, and one is missing in the last example.
Or is it still correct? Then explain why, if not long and not difficult.

The document opened in VS, but it doesn't show that the extra curly or parentheses, neither open nor closed , is a bug. He completely ignores them.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”