Bullwinkle's List

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 21:17

DrBullwinkle wrote:Are you using the current version of Upgrade Kits for TC/AP, with Equipment Packs?
Upgrade Kits jdk.1.7-2013-04-14.spk

this is the file name of the one im using, im assuming its the current version
Last edited by cryptonite1 on Thu, 20. Jun 13, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 11:47

im pretty sure its caused by the upgrader kit, is it only me? or wil it be fixed?

Damian Swift
x4

Post by Damian Swift » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 13:15

Hi, I have just downloaded and added this mod to my game but unsure how to get it to work?
Does it work automatically? Do I need to buy a special item in-game to scan?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 13:21

Which script?

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 14:45

hi Dr.B, so is it only me having this issue of Upgrade Kit breaking ships?

Damian Swift
x4

Post by Damian Swift » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 17:35

Hi, I have just downloaded and added this mod to my game but unsure how to get it to work?
Does it work automatically? Do I need to buy a special item in-game to scan?

Sorry - I am enquiring about the 'Cargo hunter' script
I have it plugged in - turned on in the Al

But I see no scan results? Does it only show results if it finds an IBL forge in a TL?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 17:51

Damian Swift wrote:Cargo hunter ... Does it only show results if it finds an IBL forge in a TL?
Yes. Which is, of course, rare.

You can add other stations to the list (in the language file). But, even with a longer list, TL's do not often carry stations around.

I suppose that I could change the default to detect *any* factory in cargo (other than food, bio, and solar power plants). Then you would get more frequent alerts.

cryptonite1 wrote:[constant pestering]...

@Cryptonite1: Try to be less of a Noodge, please. You made your report and I accepted it. I will try to reproduce the behavior when I get a chance, but there are higher-priority issues in the queue. If I can reproduce the behavior that you report, then I will fix it, obviously.
  • (And I already gave you a valid workaround.)
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Thu, 20. Jun 13, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 18:35

hmm...asking questions and trying to solve problems I encounter is called pestering for you i suppose...

dont really understand ur logic...

anyway, thanks for all the previous help and the scripts...

o well..

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Sat, 22. Jun 13, 03:29

Optional NPC boarding parties (can board your ships!). Capture them to get pre-trained marines.
hi DrB! does that mean NPC can board other NPC ships too?

TBlues
x3tc

Improved boarding...

Post by TBlues » Sat, 22. Jun 13, 15:38

hello doc,

please excuse my bad english, is a long time ago since i used to write and speak this language.

your improved boarding gives me some readtext errors at the ai and keymapping menu. the file 9604-L089 -- Improved Boarding by Cycrow is in the "t"-folder also 9604-L049.

first i deleted 9604-L049 and did a copy of 9604-L089, wich i renamed to 9604-L049. but that did not help.

After that I took a hopefully look in the file(9604-L049), found some spaces which were not in the 9604-L089, i removed them, but that did not help.

The errormessages are the following:

ReadText9604-1, ReadText9604-2, ReadText9604-25, ReadText9604-3

Also there is a Readtext9604-xx at the ai-menu.

I wonder if i am the only one with this problem.

best regards TBlues

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 22. Jun 13, 15:58

Which version of Improved Boarding are you using, TBlues?

In which language do you play? German?

Which version of the game do you play? TC or AP? If AP, then your language files must be in the addon\t folder.

There should be a German text file included in the package; please use that: 9604-L049.xml.

When converting a language file to German, always begin with the English file (9604-L044.xml). The -L089 files are just documentation. They may or may not be currently correct.

If you install with the Plugin Manager, then the language file will be installed automatically.

I wonder if i am the only one with this problem.

You are the only person who has reported a problem with the language file. :)

Most people probably use the Plugin Manager which helps to avoid problems with language files.

TBlues
x3tc

Post by TBlues » Sat, 22. Jun 13, 18:18

oh sorry, did forget to mention it. german ap version. and i did install it with the pluginmanager. and yes the files are in the correct folder... /addon/t. the german textfile was there, i thougt th 089 were the english file so i will the english file give a try.

before i try to fix it my self, i did a complete new tc/ap installation. even with vanilla ap and only the latest version - hope so, i just loaded it today from your link - and the readtext was still there. so i tried a look with notepad++ and compared it to the 089 file and found some... dam it don't know the correct english word...mhm i guess space-sign will give you a clue, where no space-signs should be. so i deleted the space-signs, but that wont help.

thank you for your help. i guess after all this time i have to take a look into xml commands myself ;)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 22. Jun 13, 18:25

1) Stop using the -L089 file as a reference. It may not be correct.

Use the English -L044 as a reference.

2) However, the German language file should be good. You should not need to change anything in the language file for German language.

3) You did not tell me which version of Improved Boarding you are using?

4) If you used the Plugin Manager and installed into your addon folder, then I do not know why you are seeing ReadText errors.

5) Did I ask you which version of Improved Boarding you are using? ;)

6) Try the other version.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Sat, 22. Jun 13, 19:21

nap_rz wrote:
Optional NPC boarding parties (can board your ships!). Capture them to get pre-trained marines.
hi DrB! does that mean NPC can board other NPC ships too?
:roll: :?: :!:

TBlues
x3tc

Post by TBlues » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 11:24

DrBullwinkle wrote:1) Stop using the -L089 file as a reference. It may not be correct.

Use the English -L044 as a reference.

2) However, the German language file should be good. You should not need to change anything in the language file for German language.

3) You did not tell me which version of Improved Boarding you are using?

4) If you used the Plugin Manager and installed into your addon folder, then I do not know why you are seeing ReadText errors.

5) Did I ask you which version of Improved Boarding you are using? ;)

6) Try the other version.
1) I used the -L089 file as reference before you told me that this is not the english version. :)

2) I've no doubt in that, but I am still wondering about the readtext... I am familar in using mods since X2. But I can't explain why this is the only mod that makes trouble. I use lucikes "rundum sorglos paket". With scripts/mods like Codea, Mefos, Codea Weaponsplatform etc., Mars, your DCS and some other minor scripts without any problem.

3) I tried both versions 1.23.04 and 1.24. Both with the same readtext...

4) I tried it with Pluginmanager, who is kinda new for me, since I found your mods, and I tried it by my own hands both with the same result...

5) see number 3 ;)

6) did it already... I am nearly desperate.

Ha! I found the error... at line 74 was "</language>" missing..., since I insert it, no readtext errors anymore :) sorry for wasting your time :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 13:18

Language File Update

Improved Boarding

Improved Boarding (DrBullwinkle's Hacked Version)

Versions 1.23.04c and 1.24a:
- Fixed German language file (thanks, TBlues!)
- Added French language file (thanks, mystermask!)

Regarding the Experimental Version 1.24:
65 downloads and not a single report after asking for test reports in huge letters?! *Heavy sigh*.

Can I assume that the Experimental Version is working for everyone? Can I safely remove the link for the older version 1.23.04?

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Sun, 30. Jun 13, 00:13

Just dled the new version and will test it tomorrow -
had to gain notoriety for the old ware thats why i couldnt test it ingame yet;)

First try wit the old one (1.24) - i wondered when using "Board from all Ships" why they didnt use the Boarding Transporter i had distributed all around...

Can "Board from all" use Telep when all ships have it installed and keep in range (follow me/target directive) ?
Spacewalk never worked well for me; but maybe its way better now;)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 30. Jun 13, 04:44

rand__ wrote:Just dled the new version
Of what?

will test it tomorrow
OK. Then why post today?

First try wit the old one (1.24)
If you mean Improved Boarding, then 1.24 is the new version. 1.23.x is the old version.

when using "Board from all Ships" why they didn't use the Boarding Transporter
The hotkeys for "Board from..." and "Board from all ships" start normal boarding commands. It does not make sense for ships other than the player ship to use the Boarding Transporter:
  • AI pilots cannot keep their ships within range for the Boarding Transporter.
  • The target ship can only hold n+1 marines, so transporting more than that number of marines makes no sense at all.

Spacewalk never worked well for me; but maybe its way better now
Spacewalk boarding is vastly improved, especially in versions 1.24+. I have only tested with spacewalking from the player ship.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 30. Jun 13, 04:59

DrBullwinkle wrote:
will test it tomorrow
OK. Then why post today?
Hes just being friendly.

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 12:02

So,
after testing *Improved Boarding v1.24.a* today using Transporter i had the following issue -
the ship was not handed over to me but remained "abandoned" in space after the marines had hacked the core.
It was not claimable either.
Interestingly the marines on board (?) jumped ship in the end -
at least thats what it looked like, the Atlas had 15 marines on board and i picked up about 10 hostile marines with home Atlas...

Additionally there was an additional "Boarding Craft" flying around which was under my control but it didnt do anything.

Spacewalking didnt do much, the marines usually flew around with 28m/s waiting for pickup instead of going after the target ship with the jetpacks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”