Bullwinkle's List

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

onlymeme

Post by onlymeme » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 15:08

i didn't mean to imply that converting the pirates into marines would change their race. i said it because it might explain why they are hostile towards me.

also i was trying to board a pirate ship so the rest of the sector should applaud me.

but i'm running xrm and a few of other scripts so there might be something there.

gonna check your improved boarding though

edit: apparently i've been using cyrow's 1.23
Last edited by onlymeme on Tue, 9. Dec 14, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 15:13

Still it would solve some minor problems. I made a note to change race of marines to player if I update Passenger to Marine again. Thank you for the report.

Kadaas69
x3tc

Post by Kadaas69 » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 20:43

Is this as close as there is now to the old VC Teleport Boarding,if anyone remembers that?

The improved boarding

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 20:49

From the description of VC Teleport Boarding, it would appear so.

In fact, it looks as though VC Teleport Boarding borrowed from an older Improved Boarding, then Improved Boarding borrowed back. The idea, at least.

But I don't really know the history that far back... I'm just reading the thread; same as you. :)

Kadaas69
x3tc

Post by Kadaas69 » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 20:57

yea from the description its close .I still have the old VC teleport boarding spk file .But am trying Litcubes mod and the plugin manager is a no go .So been trying to find something close that I can install manually .no luck so far though LOL

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 21:11

You could extract the .spk file using one of the additional programs of the Plugin Manager (spk extractor; maybe that's even built into the PM these days) and install the files manually.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Kadaas69
x3tc

Post by Kadaas69 » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 21:17

Tried that X2 ,but unfortunately I think it needs something from the plugin manager for creating the hot key,and that's way outa my league.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. Feb 15, 10:48

sounds like it may require a library script to function.

if it is the hotkey, then its most likely the hotkey manager which is included in the plugin manager. But this can also be installed separately.

Monstrous Regiment
xr

Post by Monstrous Regiment » Wed, 11. Feb 15, 01:00

I'm having some trouble with the Long Range Cargo Scanner. Afaik it can't be installed via the plugin manager as it's just an XML. How do I install the script so I can get the hotkey in my controls? Other than that it seems like a really neat tool :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 11. Feb 15, 01:07

As with all of my scripts, Long Range Cargo Scanner is packaged for the PM.

Use the "Install Archive" button. Works same (for archives) as the Install Package button does for .spks.

Monstrous Regiment
xr

Post by Monstrous Regiment » Wed, 11. Feb 15, 07:00

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 27. Feb 15, 01:56

Old script; New posting

Where is My Stuff?
Where is My Stuff?

Hotkey displays list of wares that you own (on any ship).
Select a ware: Pops up list of ships that contain that ware.
List is ordered by number of wares on the ship.

History
-------
v2 (2014-04-14)
* Move hotkey to setup.HotKeys if it exists.

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 01:32

Hey DB,

Was hoping if/when ya have some time, if ya could modifiy a couple of your scripts for LU.

1. Improved boarding (apparently the Boarding transporter doesn't appear in game, unless you use the plugin manager, which is incompatible with LU)

2. Also, you ,mentioned possible making terran marines avialibe (for Passenger to Marine), this would be great also.

Thanks, always loved ya mods....

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 04:42

I'm using your Pandora tuning ejector, and every time I load into a game after a few seconds their is a small lag spike (about 4 seconds) and my tunings are ejected into space, now I can just turn around and pick them back up but I just thought it was odd. I am also worried that if they "must" be ejected after a load what happens if my over turned ship is docked when I load in and thus can not eject cargo, will be tunings be lost?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 08:34

@Eidolan: The Pandora Tuning Ejector should not do anything other than check to see whether the hotkey has been registered when you load a saved game.

@Ferenczy66: I modified most of my scripts for LU a year ago, as well as several popular community scripts. I can no longer support LU. If you want my continued support then you will have to persuade Litcube to allow me to do so.

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 02:45

Is it just my imagination or did Litcube's response to you modding for LU go *poof*?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 12:12

Ferenczy66 wrote:Is it just my imagination or did Litcube's response to you modding for LU go *poof*?
Indeed, so i shall reiterate. Everyone and anyone is freely allowed to mod LU, have fun. Please direct any further LU talk not specifically related to Bullwinkle's List to the LU thread, thanks.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 19:23

Hey, found what might be a minor problem with the Mission Briefing Fix mod(script?), might not really be worth fixing if it is even a problem with Mission Briefing FIx and not something else. I still get paid for the mission regardless.

About a third of the time, when I finish a mission with this installed, the "Incoming Message" received when I complete the mission is corrupted and only contains some numbers, like so:

instead of the normal completion message.
bibo ergo sum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 23:33

That bug exists in the vanilla game, and is not caused by said extension.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Thu, 26. Mar 15, 01:33

Oh, good to know, thanks.

Is it just AP or going back all the way to X3? I don't remember seeing it before while playing TC.
bibo ergo sum

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”