[MOD] [AP] STAR WARS episode DEAD

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

leafee
x3

Post by leafee » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 18:05

This is absolutely awesome. :)

I'm not one to really be into cheating - do you think there is a possibility for future updates that you would include something along the lines of Imperial Laboratories? Simply making empire and rebel into a new race and sticking them in a system?

It would be mind-boggling incredible to be able to link up with one of them and help destroy the other. :)

Either that, or just provide the means of purchasing these ships in game? Maybe stick a shipyard into one of the sectors?

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 20:35

could you make downloadable ships of each model? I really only want a few (acclamator, nebulon destroyer, etc), not the whole pack.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 22:59

what i normally do is use the cheat menu to add the ships to a shipyard.
i will try to get them added to a shipyard in an unknown sector in future updates.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 04:47

i have been using CODEA forever now and i LOVE it. but since the xrm mod changed the whole map i havnt been able to load any military transport schedules and thus cant find any way to hire mechanics and technicians. is there any way around this? i love my codea bombers....

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 05:36

also...im trying to re-balance your ships with the xrm mod but i cant find the proper Tships with x3 editor. i see the xrm ships but not yours...where do i go to edit yours?

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 13:42

my Tships is in the star wars mod cat/dat. if you want a plain copy of tships for rebalance pm me what you plan on doing and i will send it to you as i have not had time to make any real rebalances.
as far as codea it works for mine and i get the military transporters so i have to say did you try reinstalling it from this site or are you using an older version? and is your rank with the argon high enough?
http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... Itemid=160

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 18:18

i get an error when trying to load up your cat/dat files. it dosnt load up like the other cats/dats. i get:
addon
dds
L
objects
s
tex
the only place i find a Tships is under addon and it tells me:
error loading ship 714. unexpected here Hawk expected after SW_NEU_Ebon

i was going to speed up the arc-starfighter to 275 m/s because its currently slower than most M6s.
i was also going to lower the rpm of Foray from 22.8rpm to around 5. increase the player cost to around $28 million and give it 800 MJ of shielding and have it act as a heavy M6.
Also i was going to lower the speed of the K-wing bomber from 270 to 180 and give it 400 MJ of shields

also i did download CODEA from that german site about 3 months ago. not sure if its the most up to date with all its libraries ect cause i dont speak german.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 19:32

yeah i noticed that problem too. i havent used x3editor 2 for the tships so i will have to fix that. use the original x3 editor for now.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 02:14

im having issues with x3 editor 1. its missing a lot of data and a lot of things are listed as unknown probably because its not meant for AP. ill just wait til u have time to re-do it in x3 editor 2 cause i dont want to corrupt my save file.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 01:51

i apologize it may take anywhere from a few days to a week to update as my computer was having unprotected relations with the internet without telling me that my antivirus was not working. you can see where im going with this. i did not loose any files but i do have to reinstall everything. if anyone can tell me what files in the latest version of xrm have been updated that would be of great help.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 18:23

by request now that my computer is working again i have included x3 editor 2 compatibility. it turns out the editor did not like spaces in the names of things. i have also updated to the latest version of xrm

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 01:49

fixed an issue with the tships cockpits not having the right tcockpits

leafee
x3

Post by leafee » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 02:55

Any hope of this getting released in a non xrm version? You could just stick a shipyard in one of the unknown sectors. =\

XRM just steals too much resources, and I have a hard time getting performance to be manageable. :X

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 06:00

leafee wrote:Any hope of this getting released in a non xrm version? You could just stick a shipyard in one of the unknown sectors. =\

XRM just steals too much resources, and I have a hard time getting performance to be manageable. :X
I've been trying to get him to release the ships in .xsp format but he says he has "no interest in doing that"... I've tried to do it myself, but have been unsuccessful with the package creator, or anything else. I just want the Galofree, the Dreadnought, and the Action IV...

Xenogray
x4

Post by Xenogray » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 20:34

Eclipse... :drools:

EDIT : I have the new splashscreens and loading screen but no ships at all in the ship list. I have XRM and did everything you listed in your "tutorial". I have AP, XRM works in game and i use your mod as a fake patch (no choice, heh.)

EDIT2 : My game keeps crashing after 5 mins of playing. I came across this while browing the topic about XRM :

XRM is NOT compatible with the following mods:

[Blablabla]

XSP ships installed via the plugin manager.

[blablabla]

Any mod that adds ships.

Basically, you say we need a mod that is incompatible with yours ?

(+ the XSP ships thingy can be considered as useful info for people like me who adds ships the the Plugin Manager ;) Like missing SW ships :p )

EDIT3 / Well, after some time trying everything i could, it seems that removing your mod fixed most of my problems since i can't have access to your ships. No more crashes it seems, i had a little bug with the engine trail (I had a weird icon showing up), now fixed. I hope you'll try to look at my problem soon (Or maybe update the mod if the problem really comes from it ?)

Thanks.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 01:08

Xenogray wrote:Eclipse... :drools:

EDIT : I have the new splashscreens and loading screen but no ships at all in the ship list. I have XRM and did everything you listed in your "tutorial". I have AP, XRM works in game and i use your mod as a fake patch (no choice, heh.)

EDIT2 : My game keeps crashing after 5 mins of playing. I came across this while browing the topic about XRM :

XRM is NOT compatible with the following mods:

[Blablabla]

XSP ships installed via the plugin manager.

[blablabla]

Any mod that adds ships.

Basically, you say we need a mod that is incompatible with yours ?

(+ the XSP ships thingy can be considered as useful info for people like me who adds ships the the Plugin Manager ;) Like missing SW ships :p )

EDIT3 / Well, after some time trying everything i could, it seems that removing your mod fixed most of my problems since i can't have access to your ships. No more crashes it seems, i had a little bug with the engine trail (I had a weird icon showing up), now fixed. I hope you'll try to look at my problem soon (Or maybe update the mod if the problem really comes from it ?)

Thanks.

As I said, that's why I've been pleading for these ships to be given in individual .xsp format... I've tried to extract them / build them myself, run into trouble, my questions and pleas for help go unanswered. :(

Xenogray
x4

Post by Xenogray » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 10:40

Ameer Nuub wrote: As I said, that's why I've been pleading for these ships to be given in individual .xsp format... I've tried to extract them / build them myself, run into trouble, my questions and pleas for help go unanswered. :(
Thanks for answering here too :p

What problem did you have when you tried to make "signle" ships ? Maybe, if we try to work together it will works xD !

EDIT : Found this while browsing the forum

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=297475

And it seems to have more SW ships but also many ships from other universes. I saw Interdictor, ...

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 13:32

Xenogray wrote: Thanks for answering here too :p

What problem did you have when you tried to make "signle" ships ? Maybe, if we try to work together it will works xD !

EDIT : Found this while browsing the forum

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=297475

And it seems to have more SW ships but also many ships from other universes. I saw Interdictor, ...
Yeah, I have almost all the Star Wars ships that are available in .xsp, but there are just a few left that I only see contained in mods and I can't get them out. They are the Dreadnought, the Carrack Cruiser, the Action IV, and the Galoffre (Rebel Transport). There are also several others (Rebel Carrier) that I might want as well, but again, I see these nowhere but in mods and I can't get them out.

Cycrow's Package Creator is supposed to be able to extract ships from mods, but it is not working on any mod I select, and I'm getting no response about the error messages. I've tried to make a custom ship manually by inserting all the existing files for the ship contained in the mod, but it's not working and no one anwsered when I asked about it. I've read through several tutorials and ship making / transferring posts, but don't see anything that I recognize as specific to my issue.

Xenogray
x4

Post by Xenogray » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 13:35

Ameer Nuub wrote: Yeah, I have almost all the Star Wars ships that are available in .xsp, but there are just a few left that I only see contained in mods and I can't get them out. They are the Dreadnought, the Carrack Cruiser, the Action IV, and the Galoffre (Rebel Transport). There are also several others (Rebel Carrier) that I might want as well, but again, I see these nowhere but in mods and I can't get them out.

Cycrow's Package Creator is supposed to be able to extract ships from mods, but it is not working on any mod I select, and I'm getting no response about the error messages. I've tried to make a custom ship manually by inserting all the existing files for the ship contained in the mod, but it's not working and no one anwsered when I asked about it. I've read through several tutorials and ship making / transferring posts, but don't see anything that I recognize as specific to my issue.
Okay :) I'll try it tonight, after work, i think. So.. basically, that means you have Venator, Interdictor, Eclipse & many others already ? I'm highly interested now :p

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 13:59

Xenogray wrote: Okay :) I'll try it tonight, after work, i think. So.. basically, that means you have Venator, Interdictor, Eclipse & many others already ? I'm highly interested now :p
Sure do! I don't have the Eclipse because I personally wasn't really interested in that one, but I have the Venator, Interdictor, Blockade Runner, Star Destroyers, Super Star Destroyers, Imperial Shuttle, the Falcon, A / B / X / etc. wings, all the fighters...

I have also changed the ID's so they replace most of the vanilla game ships that I didn't care for. I also changed all the weapon sounds and soundtrack to Star Wars sound and music. R2D2 beeping instead of the normal buzzer when there is an enemy alert, that sort of thing.

I'll be happy to supply you with the files if you like. Except for ship replacement, the other things are just drag-n-drop from folder to folder and it's done.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”