[MOD] [AP] STAR WARS episode DEAD

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 12:27

that is something old from when kakadu made the original mod. i have not gotten around to fixing it but i keep it in to let me know that the mod is enabled and working.

by the way: at the present time other than fixing the speed on the CR90, what other quick and cheap balances would people like the see. i am still working on turrets so hang on in that department.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 15:47

I did notice although it was very shortly that when you approach the corvette from the rear you can see the engine bank. At first you see only th e glow and as you get closer you see the engines. it looks a little off but when you are up close and personal, is like finally the corvette in the correct size in the X3 universe.

Jose

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 16:20

Dinoff,

I think I have a corrupt map. I downloaded the AP map and compare it to the what I have explore of the galaxy so far and there is a problem. I took a picture but is not letting me attach it.

I made my way from Legends home to montalar, no problem. Then through Avarice towards Farpoint Relay. The first indication is the FPR in not sown in the map. MNake my way to Midnight star, no problem.

The I see Scion fire is trough the south gate and the north gate takes me all the way to Ginn Escape. But if I follow the map for AP, I should go to Nijy Deception.

Could it be that I have a wrong map? I am posted this as well on the SW threat since it is based on the XRM and maybe there is a conflict somewhere.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 18:56

have you tried restarting with a new game? i dont edit anything with the map so im not sure what is going on there

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 19:15

Dinoff,

this was a new game. I asked Paul and he couldn't help since you mod is after the XRM and might have overwritten something. I will try a new game with a different start and see.

Will probably do some experimenting, like removing your mod, start a new game, check the map and see if i have the same issue. If everything is ok, then i will reinstall your mod and check.

Will let you know.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 20:01

Dinoff,

I can now say that your mod does change the location of the sectors. I deleted the XRM and SW mod's from the addon folder. I installed the XRM and checked the same start of the game I was playing under the SW mod, Otas Operative.

I activated the map cheat mode and all the sectors are were they should be. FarPoint Relay, is there and can be seen on the map. The same is when I reach Midnight Star, the north gate goes to Nijy Deception and the Albion system can be reach through Belt of Aguilar.

So, I then installed the SW map and the map is change. FRP is not where it should be on the galaxy map, neither is Mandalay. But when traveling from New Income, they are there.

The norh gate on Midnight star is wrong and instead of having an organized map, once the map passes Black Hole Sun, it is all convoluted and sectors are shown but not connected.

I sincerly hope you can fix this.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 01:49

i64man,
this is not on my end because this mod does not change the map. please elaborate as to what star wars map you are talking about because i did not include any in this mod. if you have found kakadu's star wars mod and taken the map from it then i cant help you. once again. i have included no map in this mod. if you look in your addon directory delete any folder that says maps. this is not a problem that i have experienced and it cannot be from my mod as i did not edit touch include etc. any map file.
i will try to help but i have checked all of my files and found no explanation for your problem.
please list all mods and scripts that you are using.
edit* did you update AP before this error occurred? there was a recent change in the cat/dat numbers that you should be aware of.
Dinoff
edit to the edit* are you describing how some sectors are not adjacent to each other on the universe map and the map randomly jumps around occasionally if a sector is not conected to the one next to it?
edit to the edits edit* Paul and I are at a loss as to what is going on with this map thing. if anyone could chime in and help out it would be greatly appreciated. by the way i64man, what is your first language. this may help in the process in case something is getting lost in translation.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 09:43

Dinoff,

I do not have any maps directiory on the addon folder. As for the update, yes my system updated but since them I deleted the cat/dat 03,04 and 05, which before the update, they were the XRM (03 and 04) and SW 05.

I reinstalled the both the XRM and the SW mod and took steam to offline mode. As for additional scripts:

Marine Repairs, NPC Bailout, Universal Banking, Salvage Cmd SW and Salvage Claim Logain Industries CSecG,Cheat Pck AP, Pluggin Config, Hotkey Config, JSON parser Library and the ware manager.

In addition I have the Codea, Hullmed and the MARS and the cockpits from the XRM. As for Kakadu SW mod map, I do not have it. Like I said there is no map folder on the addon folder and as matter of fact, there is no such folder on the TC folder either.

[/img]

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 00:04

i rescind my argument as it turns out there was a phantom file in some random folder that i haven't used since i made the mod. this problem has been fixed

Anti-Paranoid
x4

Post by Anti-Paranoid » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 08:44

Hey Dinoff the .dat file in your folder is corrupt. I downloaded several times but same crc error.

Greets

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 09:13

Dinoff,

Thanks a lot. I will reinstall the mod and take my CR90 for a spin.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 13:06

thanks for the heads up re-uploading now

Anti-Paranoid
x4

Post by Anti-Paranoid » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 13:20

Will enjoy it im sure ;)
Can you give a short hint when new one is up? Greets

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 00:12

new one up now, my job is taking up significant amounts of free time so i have to make hasty updates. please excuse any future crabbiness or bad updates.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 13:51

Dinoff,

you have a job and that takes time. you a skill and develop this mod for those of us that can't do mods enjoy yours. Take your time. for the next update, will you increase the speed on the cr90 to say match that or be somewhere between the otas siroko and the centaur heavy dragon prototype?

ProdigyToby

Post by ProdigyToby » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 21:09

Really liking the mod so far, especially since I'm a star wars fan. I'm wondering if I did something wrong, when I was checking out the star destroyers the acclamator textures seemed to be glitching in and out of existence. keep up the good work :) .

Really excited to see how massive your executor class is.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 00:17

executor is TOO BIG!!!! in an absurd obscene way. i will not be adding it in until i can find some way of making it useful to fighting. acclamator texture is borked i dont know how to fix that. will talk to kakadu to see if he has a solution. i have not time nor experience in modeling other that moving premade parts around. if someone wants to try to fix it be my guest. thank you for the feedback everyone.
i64man-will do. thanks for finding the map glitch by the way. i will be lowering the laser energy as a result of increasing the CR90 speed.

ProdigyToby

Post by ProdigyToby » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 01:32

Ah, oh well, thanks for your work so far anyway. I think your mod is excellent don't worry about your skills at modding as far as Im concerned they're great, some of these are impressive. I think you should just add it in since the only way to get these is to cheat to begin with, just so people can look at it and be amazed.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 02:46

well the models belong to kakadu so my only real skill is copying and editing existing work.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 10:57

Dinoff, no problem. I appreciate could help and thanks for being patient with me and sending me the email so I can better show you the problem. Sometimes pictures speak louder than words.

And on the CR90, thanks but don't lower the laser energy too much. Since I am in the habit of killing pirates, they are not searching for me in earness and had had some close fights.

Excellent work.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”