[SCR][TC/AP] TCAN - Menudriven Full Auto Naming plugin v0.99.9

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 20:35

Question/suggestion!

Can you add a tag to pull the EST/CLS/Prespector et. Pilot Name? I'd love to add something like "Paul Dillon" or "P. Dillon" in my ship names instead of a callsign, which dynamically pulls from the Lucike script pilot names (to save me some work). On my other ships, I would replace that space with a custom nameset with names of my own choosing (which I am already doing now). Bam!

Thanks for the great script!
-TEVE

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Thu, 7. Jan 16, 20:13

I'm sure it's feasible, so yeah. I can do that.

Not playing or scripting X3TC/AP at the moment, so I will have to set it up again before getting down to it. My last attempt was at dynamic menus, and in doing so, I managed to wreck the scripts pretty good, but I did find a bug in the process. Nothing serious, but still..

Abandoning the dynamic menus, I can correct the bug and add the tags though. Once I get things up and running at least.

Edit: Not sure I can recall that bug if I start from "scratch", being the released version since I've done considerable work on it since then. So I'm going to continue where I left off, and hopefully I may be able to understand just what I was doing. In time...

On another note; Pulling the name and formatting it to initial initial only will naturally add another formatting option for everything else.
TCAN TC/AP Artificial Life, Menudriven Automated Ship/Station Namer
Spex: i7 4790K@4Ghz 16Gb DDR3 GTX970Strix(4Gb)
X:R 454 Hours. 15 hours unmodded.

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 19:14

Now that I'm working on this again, I'd like to see some input.
Bugs discovered, improvements that could be made or just general chitchat. Feedback keeps me going.

Current changes:
  • Pilot Union Name inclusion
  • Initials as first names added to FATIQUE(S) format. The (S) is the addition and means short name.. there's only so much letters I can use after all..
  • Aspect wise fallback options for unique names and pilot union name. Meaning fallback options are removed from tags.
  • Ironing out current bugs and creating entirely new ones. :thumb_up:
I'm pretty sick of reordering textfiles for menu purposes, so I'm changing the menu handling to avoid this in the future.
This won't affect the current menus.

Furthermore, I started previously on dynamic menu handling and wasn't very happy with the result, so I kinda fell off the wagon there.
Still, I'm continuing to convert at least the nameloader menu into dynamic style so you don't start from the top every time you click on something. It will still happen, just not so often, and with compacted menus, the top isn't that far away. I may not be satisfied until I have multi-level handling though.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”