[MOD][AP] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v1.4 - Sa-15-Jun-2013]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 20:25

Status Update
Formal Release of V1.2 for Albion Prelude V2.5 (and later).

Changes include:-
  1. Satellites added for sale at Spirit Industries and JCRA
  2. Added Recon Drones and Jump Beacons to JCRA
  3. Added Enh/Adv EWG to Spirit Industries
Also added Xtra compatible version of the Capital Beam Laser Upgrade optional addon and added a version of the AP Starts with Capital Beam Lasers on appropriate starting ships.

Terran Captain Start updated as follows:-
  • Starting Kyoto overtuned by 30 Rudder/Engine from the start
  • 3 Vidar M6 with 10 Adv. PPBC and 4 Adv. ANC
  • 1 Mani TP+ with 6 CPBC and 6 EPBC
  • 1 Hayabusa TS+ with 5 Enh. ANC
  • 1 Toukon TM with 4 Enh. ANC
  • No M3/M4/M5 at start
Commonwealth Captain Start updated as follows:-
  • Starting Megalodon overtuned by 30 Rudder/Engine from the start
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 7. Apr 13, 01:31

Status Update
Proposed changes for V1.3 for Albion Prelude V2.5 (and later).

1. Adding a Commonwealth point defence beam laser
Current proposed implementation of the new laser is a PAC mount 2km range 600rpm insta-hit beam laser possibly with an HEPT mount 3km range 300rpm variant. DPS will be comparable to PBC (probably half damage).

Lore will be along the lines of reverse engineered Kha'ak technology with standard Kha'ak weapons/missiles being also put on sale from JCRA HQ.

What do you guys think?

[EDIT]Initial concept born out of personal revelations as a consequence of this thread.[/EDIT]

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 12:33

Can you provide a list for MARS integration?

That would be awesome.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 13:11

Feloidea wrote:Can you provide a list for MARS integration?

That would be awesome.
Huh?

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 18:34

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:

That would be awesome.
Huh?
You know, that 7049 file that governs MARS functions like weapon changing, targeting priorities and such. This mod of yours is practically a necessity for Terran players and being able to use it in tandem with MARS would be a great thing obviously.

It's just that I for one have no idea how to include all those weapons into the MARS 7049 file manually without making some sort of mistake.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 20:12

Feloidea wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:

That would be awesome.
Huh?
You know, that 7049 file that governs MARS functions like weapon changing, targeting priorities and such. This mod of yours is practically a necessity for Terran players and being able to use it in tandem with MARS would be a great thing obviously.

It's just that I for one have no idea how to include all those weapons into the MARS 7049 file manually without making some sort of mistake.
Essentially, not for the forthcoming release. When I get round to complete the updates to Changeling for AP, I will update the MARS configuration file generator as appropriate.

I am currently considering perhaps postponing the next release till after the release of AP 3.0 (not sure yet).

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 04:03

I'm curious, what's the limitation on what projectiles, firing arc, scatter randomness etc?

I'd love to have a space shotgun.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 14:10

Echofinder wrote:I'm curious, what's the limitation on what projectiles, firing arc, scatter randomness etc?

I'd love to have a space shotgun.
There is very limite control over it. You essentially have the following classes of laser projectile and that is it.
  1. Bullet
  2. Directed Beam (PBC/FBC/TBC/PALC/KE)
  3. Scatter Beam (IonD)
  4. AoE (PBG/PSG)
The closest you may be able to get to a shot gun would be a short bullet life but nominally long range AoE class weapon.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 14:27

(Clobbered old post - :oops: )
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Sun, 21. Apr 13, 18:01, edited 3 times in total.

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 15:32

Yes please. We could use an anti-missile weapon considering some of the Terran adv missiles make my M7s go blowy uppy.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 16:12

Ocede wrote:Yes please. We could use an anti-missile weapon considering some of the Terran adv missiles make my M7s go blowy uppy.
M7s will still blow up quite well with the Terran adv. missiles, these lasers will just make them perhaps blow up a little less.

The AP bonus pack is strongly recommended because of Mosquito Defence Missile script. :)

The standard PDL will fit to M5s but compared with IREs will consume twice as much energy per shot and will do about 6-7 times the hull damage. OOS a PDL equipped M5 is expected to be much more lethal. The weapon will however take 5 units of cargo space (5 times that of the IRE) and it's rate of fire would drain the energy of the ship about 3 times faster than IRE.

The Enhanced PDL will fit to some M5s and most M4s but compared with PACs will consume about the same energy per shot while dealing about half the shield damage and double the hull damage. The weapon will take 10 units of cargo space (about 3 times that of the PAC) and the rate of fire will drain the energy of the ship about 2 times faster than PAC.

The Advanced PDL will fit to some M4s and most M3s but compared with HEPT will consume about the same energy per shot while dealing about half the shield damage and double the hull damage. The weapon will take 20 units of cargo space (about 3 times that of HEPT) and the rate of fire will drain the energy of the ship about 2 times faster than HEPT.

Of course although these weapons may be usable by M5s/M4s/M3s they are primarily intended for use on M6 and above as defence lasers.

I expect some rebalancing but primarily in the domain of price, rep and cargo space.

M3s with Adv. PDLs would be lethal opponents due to the massive range of 4km with the Adv. PDL but I do not expect AI to spawn with them much.

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 16:24

Well, without MDM your mod makes DiD a one sector camping game :D I do have MDM up and running and MARS for goblin/missile defense but still tend to go kabloo...splat. AWRM missiles are not like their vanilla counterparts, which is a good thing. Any chance we can see a pre 1.3 RC from you?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 16:52

Well, I am considering releasing a beta for 2.5.3 since v3.0 is not released yet. Watch this space over the next week.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 18:01

Status Update
Official release of V1.3b2 for Albion Prelude V2.5 (and later).

1. Adding a S class IRE mount Commonwealth point defence beam laser (1km range, 0.125xPBC DPS, 0.25xPBC EUPS, ~600rpm)
  2. Adding an M class PAC mount Commonwealth point defence beam laser (2km range, 0.25xPBC DPS, 0.5xPBC EUPS, ~600rpm)
  3. Adding an L class HEPT mount Commonwealth point defence beam laser(4km range, 0.5xPBC DPS, 1.0xPBC EUPS, ~600rpm)
Lore is along the lines of reverse engineered Kha'ak technology with standard Kha'ak weapons/missiles being also put on sale from JCRA HQ.

The new PDLs are quite expensive and need good relations with the Teladi to buy them. Have done a quick play test of the Adv. PDL on an M3 and the beam models will probably need to be changed at some point.

Have Fun!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 28. Apr 13, 17:18

Status Update
Official release of V1.3b4 for Albion Prelude V2.5 (and later).

1. Adding an XL class PPC mount Commonwealth point defence beam laser(8km range, PBC DPS, 2.0xPBC EUPS, ~600rpm)
  2. Added Enh./Adv. Mosquito Missiles
  3. Added News article covering the lore.
Also upgraded the MDM patch to use Enh./Adv. Mosquito Missiles. Order of preference is as follows:-
  1. Advanced Mosquito Missile
  2. Enhanced Mosquito Missile
  3. Mosquito Missile
  4. Sentinel
  5. Enhanced Sentinel
  6. Advanced Sentinel

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 28. Apr 13, 17:37

Status Update
Official release of V1.3b5 for Albion Prelude V2.5 (and later).

1. Added Exp. PDL for sale at JCRA HQ
  2. Added Energy Cells for sale at JCRA HQ

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Sun, 28. Apr 13, 19:27

Yay and TY. Now I am compelled to play the other-side.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 08:43

Despite my initial theory that the PDL would not be used by the AI, I got a bit of a shock during a test play through when a Xenon J was using Experimental/Advanced PDLs against my Boron Thresher which was armed with Experimental/Advanced PDLs and over-tuned to 307m/s.

My current impression is that even the Experimental PDL does not feel over-powered but it does seem to make a Boron Thresher a more deployable asset.

I do not know if this is a feature of the Experimental PDL or the Boron Thresher but despite having an 8km range on the lasers I found M3 targets were only taking damage at ~3.5km from the main cockpit view. My suspicion is that it is related to the gun placements on the Thresher and how automatic targeting works.

How are you guys finding them? Are they the bane of your existence? Are they a useless weapon? Do they need adjusting in some way?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 10:22

Status Update
Official release of V1.3 for Albion Prelude V3.0.

Capital Ship Beam laser upgrade pack has been updated to give the Xenon capital craft the ability to use Kha'ak Kyon guns in big gun mounts.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 02:35

Any news on the MARS compatibility patch?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”