x3ap: is it possible to rename a ship/station so the game says it?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

marcus1989uk

x3ap: is it possible to rename a ship/station so the game says it?

Post by marcus1989uk » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 09:16

Hi there, sorry if this is the wrong topic, but i would like to know how to rename my ship so the game says it instead of saying Nova etc etc.

Jack08
x3tc

Re: x3ap: is it possible to rename a ship/station so the game says it?

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 09:21

marcus1989uk wrote:Hi there, sorry if this is the wrong topic, but i would like to know how to rename my ship so the game says it instead of saying Nova etc etc.
Depends what you want to rename it to, it is possible to rename it to anything else within AP (only AP) using the command

<RefObj> -> set job override name: <Var/Number>

But the name has to exist in a spoken text on page... 1000 i think ( ... what ever page jobs names are stored in i cant remember the number)

You cannot get the game to say anything thats not defined in this page, as the game does not have TTS Technology
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 18:44

the job override command will only change the job name

so it'll be something like <race> [Job Name] <shiptype> <variant>

it is possible to alter the speach abit with the MD

but it still has to exist in the sound files for it to work

Romanops
x4

Post by Romanops » Mon, 19. Oct 20, 14:00

Hello,

I'm playing on X3TC, and I don't understand what you explain here.

I also wish I could rename my stations (why not ships, if I can) so the onboard voice tells it.
I explain : I made 2 Silicon mine in a sector, rename the second one "beta" as the firest one is "alpha" by default. For the first one, computer says "Silicon mine alpha" ; and same for the second which was the default name when I installed it.

I presume you explain we should make a script for this, but can you be more clear about the method ?
Well, I have opened script editor on the game (with Thereshallbewings name), but after I named my script, how should I do ?

Thanks in advance.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 22. Oct 20, 19:46

For this specific case, there is actual a command called "<RefObj> set serial name of station to <Var/Stations Serial>" in the General Object Commands section. <RefObj> needs to be the station you want to rename and "station serial" is the new spoken greek letter. A possible code utilizing this command could look as follows:

Code: Select all

001   $target =  get player tracking aim
002   $text = sprintf: fmt='Select new serial for %s', $target, null, null, null, null
003   $serial = [PLAYERSHIP] -> get user input: type=Var/Stations Serial, title=$text
004   $target -> set serial name of station to $serial
005   return null
Download link below. To use it, extract the zip file into your "scripts" folder. Start the game and target a station. Afterwards open the script editor, select the a.set.station.serial file, press "R" and two times Enter, and select a new station serial.

This renames the station you have currently selected as a target and lets Betty correctly pronounce the new station serial. Note that the station won't be renamed automatically, if you changed the station name manually beforehand. However, Betty will still pronounce the selected station serial.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Romanops
x4

Post by Romanops » Sun, 25. Oct 20, 08:30

Hello,

Thank you, it works great ! :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”