[SCRIPT][AP/TC] Improved Races 2.0 v1.08 (6'th-June-12)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 16:32

dont want to be a grammar nazi but I noticed that both on the screenshot and in the opening post you wrote econAmy and it should be econOmy *hiding under a table* I'll install the mod later on today and check it out (I'm using the old version at the moment)

EDIT: ha ha what a shame I made a few spelling mistakes in this post myself :D :D

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 18:26

Download Removed to deploy a critical bugfix (700+ ships are being created as {Unknown} race in sector null per save load)

Please standby for a single script download to rectify this issue in anyone who has already downloaded the scripts game.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 18:43

Download Restored
  • Version 1.02
  • Bugfix to prevent shipbuildup in null sector
  • Fixed spellling mistake in IR Menu (probably the first of many)
Anyone who has installed and used IR2.0 in there savegame at least once, it is of critical importantce that you download this script: http://download.xtimelines.net/a.IRFixScript.xml (right click, save as)

Place the script in your /Scripts or /addon/Scripts directory depending on your game type.
Run the game and load your save.
Open the script editor
find & select a.IRFixScript
Run the script (hit "r" with the script selected, and enter null as the refrence object)

Once this is complete, if you havent already installed version 1.02 save the game and do so now, do not reload the game with 1.01 installed or you will have to repeat the process.

My apologies about this i shouldnt have let this slip through the testing process.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 18:51

Also, I am a little unclear as to whether or not the hot war is actually working or not. There is nothing in the menu stating if its installed or not when manually changing the relations. (as opposed to importing the preset)
Your unsure if the hotwar editor is actually changing the relations when you change them manually?

The editor reads the relations state directly from the games notoriety value when you open it, so if you close it, reopen it and it still has the settings you applied then its working ;)
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Sarganto

Post by Sarganto » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 20:13

So I installed IR today...actually more for the player ship construction thing than the rest, but I am really wondering what the "war editor" is doing.

Any info or thread or readme on this?
Cae caret ora cruore nostro?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 20:15

Sarganto wrote:So I installed IR today...actually more for the player ship construction thing than the rest, but I am really wondering what the "war editor" is doing.

Not yet, i have still to write it

the hotwar editor is doing absolutly nothing, unless you open it and do somthing with it :P it sets the relatinons between races
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Sarganto

Post by Sarganto » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 20:19

Jack08 wrote:
Sarganto wrote:So I installed IR today...actually more for the player ship construction thing than the rest, but I am really wondering what the "war editor" is doing.

Not yet, i have still to write it

the hotwar editor is doing absolutly nothing, unless you open it and do somthing with it :P it sets the relatinons between races
So I can start and end wars with this as I please?

And another thing:
How does the player ship construction thing work? I just tried it and well...I was hoping to get something like a full range of options of what I want in a ship after buying the ship itself, but what I got was - of course - an empty ship and only the option to buy what was available in the sector: nothing

So how does it work exactly?
Cae caret ora cruore nostro?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 20:23

Sarganto wrote: So I can start and end wars with this as I please?

And another thing:
How does the player ship construction thing work? I just tried it and well...I was hoping to get something like a full range of options of what I want in a ship after buying the ship itself, but what I got was - of course - an empty ship and only the option to buy what was available in the sector: nothing

So how does it work exactly?
Yes, you can start and end wars as you please.

In order to use Player Ship Construction you need to access the IR Comm Hotkey, and select "Player Ship Construction: Order Ship" then select a shipyard
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 20:32

Note the following was written a while ago, it may contain information that does not diretctly corrospond to the features current state, i rewrite it when i get some time
Jack08 wrote:Hello!
In this post i will be explaining how the new equipment packs feature that has been added to Player Ship Construction

In order to access this new feature Player Ship Construction has to be enabled
------------------
A New menu entry has been added to IR:CS [ external image ]
By using this option, and then selecting a shipyard
OR by using the IR:CS hokey with a shipyard selected
You will be taken to this menu:
[ external image ]
By Choosing the ship you witch to order, You will be taken to the Load out selection menu
[ external image ]
For the purpose of this tutorial, we will be buying a Nova Sentinel at the Federal Argon Shipyard in Light of Heart with the load out of a CODEA: Fighter
[ external image ][ external image ]
In the load out editor you have 5 Slide switches, witch allow you to toggle Weapons, Shields, Engine Tunings, Rudder Optimizations and Cargo Bay Extensions on and off
Under the Equipment label, you will see a list of currently selected equipment along with the '- Add Equipment -' option, using this open takes you to the 'Add Equipment' menu that can be seen on the right

By selecting a piece of equipment under the equipment label, you can remove it from the load out
Changes to load outs are not saved, So if you wish to save your load out make sure to save it
This can be done two ways:
The First is to save it as a 'Class' load out (eg M3) - That when you order an 'M3' class ship, you can select this load out again

Load out's can also be saved as 'Universal' Meaning they will be available no matter what class of ship you choose

When you are happy with your load out (and saved it if you want too), Select the Proceed to Checkout Button
[ external image ]
On this menu you can see what the cost of your new ship will be, As well as its build time

The first option will allow you to change the amount of ships to buy, This can be set to any number as long as you can afford it :P

The Home base options will allow you to set the home base for these new ships

The last option 'Return to Loadout Editor' will take you back to the load out editor to make any changes to the load out that you wish too

By selecting 'Buy Ship(s)' you will be presented with a confirmation box:
[ external image ]
If you say yes, The credits will be deducted from your account, And construction will begin, If you say no you will be returned to the checkout menu
[ external image ]
And here is our brand new Nova Sentinel being constructed, and equipted, It will be ready soon :D
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 22:53

Is there any way to exclude Argon Sector M148 from Hot War. It is just whenever I go there I have several different races duking it out when it is supposed to be a joint military opperation.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 01:11

jack775544 wrote:Is there any way to exclude Argon Sector M148 from Hot War. It is just whenever I go there I have several different races duking it out when it is supposed to be a joint military opperation.
Or failing that, would it be possible to make it a strictly Argon sector (only Argon capital ships present by default, no Split), instead of a joint Argon/Split sector?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 01:52

I knew you should have asked me to proof read the speelling :D
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Cerbis
x4

Post by Cerbis » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 02:07

Is there a way to prevent allies to take over my sectors? (they were on their way to take it over but i was faster)

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 05:18

Cerbis wrote:Is there a way to prevent allies to take over my sectors? (they were on their way to take it over but i was faster)
Yes, Sorry - must have left that check out.

jack775544 wrote:Is there any way to exclude Argon Sector M148 from Hot War. It is just whenever I go there I have several different races duking it out when it is supposed to be a joint military opperation.
The problem with this sector is that its the jobs file creating the problem, the jobs file spawnes the captial ships, the shipyard spawns the recon drone, and it just goes downhill from there
Falcrack wrote: Or failing that, would it be possible to make it a strictly Argon sector (only Argon capital ships present by default, no Split), instead of a joint Argon/Split sector?
I cant think of a mod friendly way to do this because that would mean including a job file... ill add Argon Sector M148 to the plot protected list and put special code into the responce logic to skip spawning responces in that sector if Plot Protection is active, Hopefully that will work
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 05:19

Why would installing this create nameless ships? Im using XRM, PG, YG and Brennans Triumph Tortuga.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 05:31

joelR wrote:Why would installing this create nameless ships? Im using XRM, PG, YG and Brennans Triumph Tortuga.
It wouldnt, lol.

What are the nameless ships doing?, where are they? and what class are they?

Did you follow the instructions from a previous post to fix the ship buildup in null?

Perhaps its conflicting with PG again, althow this would be a much diffrent side effect from last time.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 05:55

• Version 1.03
  • Victory will now abort an invasion if heading for friendly space
  • Added Argon Sector M148 to plot protected list
  • Added special code to prevent responces in Argon Sector M148 if plot protection is active
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 06:23

Jack08 wrote: It wouldnt, lol.
Except that it is.

I understand that IR doesnt specifically create these ships but I didnt have this with the old IR. I suspect there is a conflict with PG and or YA due to some changes you made to the current version.

EDIT: I uninstalled PG, YA, Brennans tortuga and Phanon corp (XRM still installed) and get this:

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg6 ... n00010.jpg

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg6 ... n00009.jpg

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg6 ... n00008.jpg

Playing in AP.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 06:43

joelR wrote:
Except that it is.
Nothing is quite that simple

Go into the script editor, and then turn on "Additional Information"
Open the info panel on one of the ships with no name, and then scroll all the way down the bottem, and take a screnshot

Also check the scripts that are running on the ships.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 06:57

Jack08 wrote:
joelR wrote:
Except that it is.
Nothing is quite that simple

Go into the script editor, and then turn on "Additional Information"
Open the info panel on one of the ships with no name, and then scroll all the way down the bottem, and take a screnshot

Also check the scripts that are running on the ships.
Sorry Jack that was a bad bug report. It appears that the nameless ships existed before I installed IR. I used the remove nameless ships script prior to installing IR and it works fine now. For some reason the ships were causing IR to not install properly and freeze the game.

PG, YA and Brennans triumph Tortuga work just fine with IR as well (so far!)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”