[SCRIPT][AP/TC] Improved Races 2.0 v1.08 (6'th-June-12)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cerbis
x4

Post by Cerbis » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 17:41

the first letter of the Stations ID tells me which race owns the station
actually at my game yaki are enemies of paranids.
after the yaki took over a sector the game spawned a few paranid owned stations which makes no sense.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 18:18

Cerbis wrote:the first letter of the Stations ID tells me which race owns the station
actually at my game yaki are enemies of paranids.
after the yaki took over a sector the game spawned a few paranid owned stations which makes no sense.
I think whats happening is that a local paranid shipyard send out its own EcoTL because it detected that the sector was low on stations while it was under Yaki attack, ill add a check to ensure that shipyards dont send EcoTL's to sectors that are under siege in the next version
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Cerbis
x4

Post by Cerbis » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 19:43

are yaki and pirates going to have their own infrastructure as little "byproduct" from the Econamy Booster ?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 14. Mar 12, 08:16

Cerbis wrote:are yaki and pirates going to have their own infrastructure as little "byproduct" from the Econamy Booster ?
i guess so, it probably wont be very effective, unless the eco booster manages to run on every pirate sector :D
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Wed, 14. Mar 12, 10:14

Great to see this still going! Will be trying asap
I fly Terran for the accents

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 09:17

Can you add a way to turn of this plugin in the AL menu. Whenever I try to turn it off all it does is take me to the IR menu.

Thank
Jack
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 09:22

jack775544 wrote:Can you add a way to turn of this plugin in the AL menu. Whenever I try to turn it off all it does is take me to the IR menu.

Thank
Jack
It cant be turned off in this mannor.

The plugin by default is in its off state, it will not do anything, You can turn components of the plugin on and off via the menu. With everything disabled, consider that off

There will be an universe cleaner avalible in the next few updates.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 10:42

• Version 1.03a
  • Added Russian Translation (Добавлен русский перевод), Courtesy of Shuulo
This update can be safly skipped by users with the english (L044) game version.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Shihan
x2

Player Sector takeover ?

Post by Shihan » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 13:31

Khaak captured Cathedral of Xarr, I have destroyed the station and with the help of Imptroved races telling me location of scouts, destroyed the Khaak, When activating the IR menu it said I need a station. Built and ore mine it is full of energy and full of ore. IR says I should be asked soon to take over sector, I never get this prompt to take over Cathedrall of xarr, I have left and came back to sector, saved and reloaded, fast foward the time. Still no option (that I see ) to take over sector. Using the IR menu it still says ..You should be asked within a few min. .. This is while I am in Cathedral of xarr. There is no longer any requirements listed, such as build a station or location of an enemy, no other stations is in sector.

Any ideas?
Ironman

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 15:37

two quick questions :

yaki as improved race was adviced not to use in orginal IR scripts,
can it now be used in this script ?

orginal IR script needed support scripts installed to work (AP library or something?). This script does not need that ?

thanks in advance,

qwizzie

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 15:47

qwizzie wrote:two quick questions :

yaki as improved race was adviced not to use in orginal IR scripts,
can it now be used in this script ?

orginal IR script needed support scripts installed to work (AP library or something?). This script does not need that ?

thanks in advance,

qwizzie
Yaki are using normal logic now.

IR2.0 Was rewritten from the ground up, the install instructions do not mention a library, therefor, it does not need a library :P
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 19:48

I had the same issue with IR, I just gave up on it and dropped it, it just seems to 'happen' sometimes.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 20:07

Well then its time to pick it back up again :P

Remove the old version of IR from your game (Clean Universe, Save, Uninstall)

and install the new version http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=319529 rewritten from the ground up

To claim a sector in the new version, make sure you bind the IR Comm System Hotkey, Press it and then hit "Claim Sector"
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Shihan
x2

Post by Shihan » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 20:46

Thank you I will give that a try. Should this work with Pirate guild and Yaki amada?

Thread merged [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]

LV was here
Ironman

nkraptor
xr

Post by nkraptor » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 00:37

Sector takeover scripts seem to always have real problems when taking over the AP war sectors, even with mods that disable it such as XRM.

Even when circle of labor was completely empty for over an hour it was never taken. Do you know if there are any problems with these argon/terran war sectors with 2.0?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 14:23

nkraptor wrote:Sector takeover scripts seem to always have real problems when taking over the AP war sectors, even with mods that disable it such as XRM.

Even when circle of labor was completely empty for over an hour it was never taken. Do you know if there are any problems with these argon/terran war sectors with 2.0?
I'd advice against trying to take over an AP war sector, i have no idea what would happen

However, are you trying to claim a sector the old way?... in IR2.0 it doesn't automatically give you the claim box:
To claim a sector in the new version, make sure you bind the IR Comm System Hotkey, Press it and then hit "Claim Sector"
Shihan wrote:Thank you I will give that a try. Should this work with Pirate guild and Yaki amada?
So far no one has reported issues with PG & YA, they seem to work ok ;)
Last edited by Jack08 on Fri, 16. Mar 12, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 17:35

So, I've recently claimed a sector and a Boron Orca appeared to drop a few stations in there, which is obviously all fine, since i have economy booster enabled (still not sure if it is a good idea with XRM but you never know until you test, right? :) )

But, what surprised me was the name of an Orca it was whatever action the ship is doing, ex:

"Moving to: -12869 22567 875" - is that meant to be like that?

EDIT: just to clarify its not a big deal its just the name, the ship itself does what it is supposed to do (drops stations), I'm just asking if it is normal in case it wasnt intended

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 17:54

Jumee wrote:So, I've recently claimed a sector and a Boron Orca appeared to drop a few stations in there, which is obviously all fine, since i have economy booster enabled (still not sure if it is a good idea with XRM but you never know until you test, right? :) )

But, what surprised me was the name of an Orca it was whatever action the ship is doing, ex:

"Moving to: -12869 22567 875" - is that meant to be like that?

EDIT: just to clarify its not a big deal its just the name, the ship itself does what it is supposed to do (drops stations), I'm just asking if it is normal in case it wasnt intended
Economy booster will work perfectly OK with any mods installed, it was designed to be adaptive ;)

In the released version, the EcoTL's are stuck in debug mode, this has been fixed in the internal revision and will be released with the next patch

Edit: Updated the "Known Bugs" Section to reflect the EcoTL Issue
Last edited by Jack08 on Fri, 16. Mar 12, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 18:05

Jack08 wrote:Econamy booster will work perfectly OK with any mods installed, it was designed to be adaptive ;)
Hey Jack08, I'm normally not a grammar nazi, but you have made this spelling error so frequently and so consistently that I think you ought to be aware, it is spelled "economy", not "econamy". :)

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 18:12

Falcrack wrote:
Jack08 wrote:Econamy booster will work perfectly OK with any mods installed, it was designed to be adaptive ;)
Hey Jack08, I'm normally not a grammar nazi, but you have made this spelling error so frequently and so consistently that I think you ought to be
aware, it is spelled "economy", not "econamy". :)
Cant help it, sorry :P
Its hard-coded in my brain
note to self: install firefox spell checker :D

edit:
There we go, spell checker installed, fixed up the main post too :P
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”