[SCRIPT][AP/TC] Improved Races 2.0 v1.08 (6'th-June-12)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 20:55

This is a brilliant mod, and I'm happy to have given it a chance, because I liked to play vanilla beforehand.
I have just claimed Gunne's Crusade, where my HQ and weapons complex are. A boron orca suddenly turned up and built a trading station there! Not sure what to make of that, why has that happened?

EDIT: Just realized to took 35 million off of me! Bloody boron, will have to murder them all. Why is this happening, and how can I avoid this?

EDIT 2: I now see that the 35 million was deducted from my account for claiming a sector. That is fine, but why are the boron in my space? >_<

_Axel
x3tc

Post by _Axel » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 23:05

You must disable the ecobooster on the "claim sector" parameters, I think. Otherwise it allows other races to build stations there.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 23:27

Ahh, do'h! Thanks, I should have done that. I'm not actually sure if I want these stations or not to be honest, I might keep them on grounds that I can't be bothered to go back that far just to disable it.

narn
x3

Post by narn » Fri, 28. Feb 14, 20:47

I still have the old version and I am not going to update until the Xenon and Kha'ak can once again invade and own the universe. That was the only reason I really want this script. If it does not do that it is useless to me.

Misaniovent
x4

Post by Misaniovent » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 20:06

Question about the Player Constructed Ships function, which I appreciate (in addition to the rest of this mod). There doesn't seem to be an option to change the weapon load out on constructed ships. Is there a reason for this?

Additionally, does the equipment used for these ships "appear" or is it subtracted from the in-game economy in some way?

Thanks!

mijati

Post by mijati » Wed, 12. Mar 14, 07:12

how does the sector takeover for a player works ?

i have to destroy all inside a sector ? or i have to just fly in it ?

Misaniovent
x4

Post by Misaniovent » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 17:26

Multiple racial stations in one claimed sector. A while ago, Nopileos' Memorial was claimed and has gone back and forth between Argon, Paranid, and Split (who currently hold it).

It has a broad array of stations from all three races. Is this a function of ecobooster or an issue with incursion fleets not clearing out what was already there?

I saw a comment that you can disable ecobooster on the claim sector parameters but I don't see how to do that.

I'm also observing a Paranid incursion fleet moving through Nopileos' Memorial to Xenon Sector 101. It's taking it's good old time to make it, however, as the entire fleet seems extremely distracted by every Argon trader that enters the sector.

Not sure if this is intentional.

One last question: can I reduce the number of fighters launched by IR fleets without removing them entirely? I'm experiencing a slide show with over 100 fighters on screen.

Morthias

Post by Morthias » Wed, 26. Mar 14, 20:41

I love the script, but I do have some problems.

I keep getting an error when trying to set the sector taxes etc

"Infinite loop detected, script is terminated!

xtl.xtlc.comm.empireov:414:0:389553363:-1 skip if $LVar.respone.tax.enabled RefObj:null"

I run X3tc with the following addons
ADS
Codea
Phanon corp
Yaki armada
Pirate guild

dragsliv

Post by dragsliv » Thu, 29. May 14, 14:31

Hello fellow X3 players.

I have a question concerning sector claiming. Just recently I've claimed Xenon sector 534. First I killed all capital ships and every other thing in my sight, pressed hotkey for IR comm system and claimed it, turned economy booster off so that nobody builds anything in my sector. Race in map screen changed to my name, however nothing else happend, Xenon keep spawning out of nowhere all the time, forcing me to fight them off without end. I don't see a pont in sector claiming if I have to patrol it all the time. Xenon don't jump through gates, they just... spawn in space.

Can I stop Xenon from spawning in the sector? It makes no sense, them suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

I use NPC bailing addon if that is of any use to you.

Edit.
Just found out the script doesn't work with NPC bailing addon, this should be on page 1, or in some kind of read me, not on 54 page.

Does anybody know how to make those two work alongside eachother? Or any alternative to either one?

Overwatch

Post by Overwatch » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 23:12

Does anyone know if the races still mount incursions into enemy space if the "Take over sectors" option is unchecked?

I was using Military Base Response revamp yesterday and even with the minimum settings, The Xenon took over 9 sectors while I was away grocery shopping.

So I started a new game and I'm trying IR2. The opposite seems to be happening with this. By the time I had left the Terran system for the first time, the Commonwealth had claimed 5 pirate sectors and 6 Unknown ones.

I'm really just looking for a mod that will have the races not sit there Idle while Xenon/Kha'k/Pirates cut a swathe through their territory, and maybe fight a little.

Are any of these (or others) what I'm looking for?

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 04:45

Jack, would take a look at the invasions thing again. It's been 2 years. Maybe helping Litcube with his project would bring inspiration?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 05:43

Osiris454 wrote:Jack, would take a look at the invasions thing again. It's been 2 years. Maybe helping Litcube with his project would bring inspiration?
To be honest man if i do work on a plugin like this again, im going to write a new one :D (without the problems... lol) - I may write something for LU in the future along the lines of this, perhaps make it activate when the OCV are killed.

But i dont really have a game i can install this on and debug with, the only thing im playing really is LU, cant bring myself to play Vanilla or XRM.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 09:03

Nice idea for the future :)

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 15:02

Jack08 wrote:
Osiris454 wrote:Jack, would take a look at the invasions thing again. It's been 2 years. Maybe helping Litcube with his project would bring inspiration?
I may write something for LU in the future along the lines of this, perhaps make it activate when the OCV are killed.
That's really a great idea.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 14:43

I would like to see this for LU as well, it brought me back to playing in the X universe.

DragonOrion
x4

Post by DragonOrion » Thu, 18. Sep 14, 23:22

Been using this mod for a while, and recently I downloaded the XenoTec and the ATF Shipyard mods (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=228890) and i was wondering if its possible to add ships to the player construction menu? Also how do u add modded ships that are already in the Menu, say for Argon, to be available for Terran? I have star trek ships that i didnt have to do anything for. Thanks :D

Redrazors
x3ap

Post by Redrazors » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 14:55

I'm having a problem with the player sector takeover part of IR just now, wonder if anyone can help.

I've enabled player sector takeovers, have built a station (Savage Spur) and wiped out the enemies. The config menu tells me that I should receive a message to claim the sector within a few minutes. The message never comes, and enemy Yaki continue to respawn (the config menu then tells me I need to kill these enemies first).

I have successfully claimed a sector already (the unknown sector next to Legend's Home), but there were no enemy respawns there.

Anyone got any advice? I was really looking forward to taking over the galaxy.

Thanks.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 3. Feb 15, 22:34

Is it safe to copy IR 2.0 1.08 over a already running IR 15.31 with XRM?

redagent

Post by redagent » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 23:26

Does it possible to stop spawning xenon's after claiming any of Xenon sectors?
The same question, like a few posts ago, but still no answer. So up this topic.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 15. Mar 15, 16:15

Is it possible to trigger an invasion? I imagine to say to the Paranid "attack the sector xyz" if they are at war with the target sector's owner.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”