[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.9.8.12] [03/23/14] Galaxy Explorer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Fri, 6. Feb 15, 16:00

Thanks, appreciate it.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 13:14

Is there a way to control how many satellites are dropped??

just started an explorer and it dropped 5 sats in Legends Home..

I just need one Sat at around in the middle of each sector..

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 13:46

RayF wrote:Is there a way to control how many satellites are dropped??

just started an explorer and it dropped 5 sats in Legends Home..

I just need one Sat at around in the middle of each sector..
Additonal ship commands -> Galaxy Explorer configuration.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 01:46

I did that, and still got multiple satellites in a few sectors. Is there any way to have this mod look at each sector, and do cleanup operations?

i.e.:

If there are any regular satellites, it wil remove them and sell them off.
If there are advanced satellites, it will make sure one is near its drop point and then clear the others and use them elsewhere.
If there are adv sats which have been renamed, it will still know they are adv sats by using the object type instead of name, and make sure only one adv sat is present in the system (or a std box of 8 for full coverage, plus any for extreme out of range gates).
bibo ergo sum

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 08:54

Sorry but nope. Tidying up a sector is not implemented. Usually, pirates are quite good at this anyway ;)

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 15:17

LOL no doubt. Perhaps it's time I learned some modding skills, and who knows, maybe someone else would find this capability handy. Either way, I will know more about how X3 works and be able to fix things that aren't working quite right for me. :)
bibo ergo sum

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 04:23

GlassDeviant wrote:Perhaps it's time I learned some modding skills
For me, that was the most fun part of the game :)

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 01:22

There was a time when I would have probably looked forward to it, but now that I am old and worn out I just want to fly my internet spaceships around :lol:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 4e3c71.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
bibo ergo sum

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 16. Apr 17, 14:27

trying to get this working in my LU game right now.

biliskner25
x4

Post by biliskner25 » Wed, 3. May 17, 16:11

Found and fixed a bug with Global settings Load not working.

On global setting load, plugin.explore.menu.open reads local vars to script vars, nulls them then calls init. But the local vars are not null so init doesnt load global defaults.

Have to set local vars to null directly to get that to work. Alternatively changing the local vars to an array would allow updates on the fly but that would require changes across all scripts

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 31. May 17, 12:07

Good job!
If you like I can add the fix in and release a new version on page #1.

Can you copy&paste the modified lines in here?

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 01:38

I noticed this is modifying the stock script "!ship.cmd.jump.std.pck"

I wanted to compare the differences between the original and the modified one, but I seem to be unable to extract the modified one. Normally I can extract the XML from .pck but not the one from this script. Might anyone know how, and/or know the differences in the version this script provides?

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 29. Jun 17, 10:11

Hmm, I usually opened .pck files directly in the X3 editor ingame.
After modifying them, they were converted into an .xml copy.

Maybe try that. I just checked my own backups but I also only have the .pck left and no game installation at hand. Let me know if you find out - it's been quite a while :)

Anghus
x3ap

Re: [SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.9.8.12] [03/23/14] Galaxy Explorer

Post by Anghus » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 20:44

I cannot get this to work.

1. I am playing X3TC
2. There was no .spk file in the download so I used the .exe to install the mod
3. I also downloaded the second file (Satellite Spawn Mod) and put the .xml file in the script directory
4. Started the game and cannot find the configuration menu nor the explore galaxy command
5. The ship I am using does have Explorer Command Software (not Exploration Command Software, perhaps that is a typo?)

I am a scripting noob. All other mods I have installed using the plugin manager. Please help me figure out what I did wrong.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 22:08

I'd love to but frankly, I haven't touched the game for a couple years and have simply forgotten how to help you - sorry :)
I know it's been developed on & for AP but I've tried to keep it compatible to TC so it should work.

can you check whether all script files installed into the right folder? the .exe is just a self-extracting .rar archive. you can open it with winrar / 7zip? and extract alle files manually if you want to.

have you checked under additional ship commands?

Anghus
x3ap

Post by Anghus » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 17:56

Thank you gnasirator. There is nothing at all under Additional Ship Commands. I think I am going to uninstall the game entirely and try again with AP instead of TC. If that doesn't work I'll just explore manually. Thanks for all your contributions to the game!

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 04:07

okay and make sure to find & buy the exploration command software or however it was called.
I think it's part of the vanilla game if I remember correctly ...

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 18:04

I can also confirm not working in AP with everything in place I still have no configuration menu. Have no others running except mars.
Always works fine for me in XTC. Hoping I can figure it out in AP.

Anyone have the .spk?
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 19:16

Works fine for me. Did you install the script to the addon folder? Do you have the Explorer Command Software installed in your ship?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Mon, 13. Jul 20, 06:09

yes. although I notice that on the first page under the OP the link to the explorer command software goes to a German (?) language forum page. I've got the explorer software, ive had no problem using the script on XTC.

Now im playing AP and I cant get this one to work, Universe Explorers works, but that script gets my explorers killed constantly.
I did notice that installing galaxy explorers over universe explorers (using that scripts provided .exe) removes the start command from the Navigation command menu (for "start galaxy explorer") whereas the galaxy explorer satellite deploy command remains.
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”