[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.9.8.12] [03/23/14] Galaxy Explorer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

neuroliquidity
x3

Post by neuroliquidity » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 04:01

Cheers, mate ;)

I've been testing this for the past few hours and it seems to be working a lot better (much better than the half-kludge that I attempted ...)

One observation ... While I actually understand your making the the choice to flee into unknown sectors (possibly) if the GE is in a dead end, shouldn't that be part of the configurations?

Rather than just a Yes/No option for 'Explore Hostile' and 'Explore Unknown', should it it be 'Explore Hostile Sectors: Yes/No/Only If in Dead End' and 'Explore Unknown Sectors: Yes/No/Only If in Dead End'?

While this might (very likely?) cause issues with the AI if that last option ('Only in Dead End') is selected, it would guarantee that the user is able to make sure that the GEs behave as configured. If a GE is killed, or ends up just flying in a small selection of space endlessly, because of how it's been configured ... but if that's the desired choice ... isn't that beset?

But .... It looks like I don't have to micromanage them too much anymore (to make sure they don't flee unto unknown space) so that's the big benefit. The smaller point on configuration, above, might require updating other (big?) portions of code ... and might be best kept for a 'rainy day' -- or just ignored ;)

So, Gnas, thanks for the patch ... and the script. You're genius ;)

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 14:56

After spending half an hour to figure out just how to make satellites spawn, I'd like to suggest making it a bit easier.

The 1st post could have a line explaining how to do it. In other words, In galaxy explorer options, "Buy range" rolls over from 9 to "Spawn".

Otherwise maybe put Spawn Yes/No as it's own item.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 14:57

After spending half an hour to figure out just how to make satellites spawn, I'd like to suggest making it a bit easier.

The 1st post could have a line explaining how to do it. In other words, In galaxy explorer options, "Buy range" rolls over from 9 to "Spawn".

Otherwise maybe put Spawn Yes/No as it's own item.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 20:03

You're right Barleyman, I'll update the first post with a small info line. Thanks for the sugestion.

@neuro: I'm happy to see that the fix works. And your suggestion is also good, but as you say, I'll save the work for a rainy day :)

Ashnag
x3ap

Post by Ashnag » Tue, 18. Mar 14, 20:31

Hi

i'm using this script for a while, always satisfied with it, but i noticed something that should be changed, in my opinion.

If i use this script for a ship, stopping it after a moment, the script seems to stay memorized. i explain :
I'm using M6 as explorers, cause they are very good at this. But if i stop the script to use this ship of my own, there is a problem. Each time this ship is shot by an enemy, the script awakes and turn it on a Galaxy Explorer again.

I've tried a lot of ships, M6, M1, M3, they all do the same.
Well, is it me or is it a bug ?
And, anyway, thanks for the script, very useful indeed.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 20. Mar 14, 20:48

Hey ... good observation. I guess that could be a bug.
Looks as if I have to add a watchdog script that resets the signal_attacked behaviour after the explorer main script stopped.

let me see what I can do.

Edit: Think I got it. Please try newest version.
It was actually just 1 line of code as the base watchdog script already existed. :)

Kinnison
x3ap

Post by Kinnison » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 02:00

I've just upgraded to the new version, and now I have an almost constant stream of notifications in the text area - all about calculating dead end sectors for Galaxy Exploreres, with a rapidly varying percentage complete.

I've terminated the orders on all my GE craft but the notifications continue. This is a fairly mature XRM game and (nearly) all sectors havbe been discovered by now. I'll reinstall the previous version before my next session, and if the problem goes away, fine. If not it must be a coincidence that I've reached exploring saturation point: I can uninstall now that there isn't really anything for them to do.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 08:10

Hmm,
that is not how it's supposed to be. The percentage should constantly increase.
Maybe try stopping all explorers and start only one of them.

I'll look into that when I'm back home.

Anyway the process finishes automatically and you can also wait until it's done. If it's running several processes at once it's not perfect but also no big problem. the result should be usable anyway.

Explanation:
Explorers need to know what sectors are entrys to a dead end so that they don't get stuck in that dead end of the universe.
The notification comes from the task that calculates the dead ends and it is started after installation of the script or after an upgrade.
So don't worry about your game, it's just a task running in the background and all it does is create a global variable list. So if there are multiple tasks running, it takes a little longer to finish but the result for every task is the exactly same list.

Kinnison
x3ap

Post by Kinnison » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 11:52

Thanks for the explanation, however:
gnasirator wrote:Hmm,

Anyway the process finishes automatically and you can also wait until it's done. If it's running several processes at once it's not perfect but also no big problem. the result should be usable anyway.
I was playing for about four hours last night, and it was still going strong at the end. As the constant stream of notifications overwrites other, useful, stuff it was quite inconvenient. It seems (to me) that, for whatever reason, the task isn't completing and keeps restarting.

Anyway, if you find something to fix, fine - and if not it isn't a major issue as I can remove GE for this game without losing anything.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 13:06

The task takes VERY long time to finish even if it is running only once, so if it somehow started multiple times it's no wonder it takes forever.

I'll get an updated version online for you tonight after I've come home.
In that I'll make sure the task is running only once and I'll reduce the amount of notifications to 25, 50, 75 and 100%.

Kinnison
x3ap

Post by Kinnison » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 14:09

I'll get an updated version online for you tonight after I've come home.
Thanks a lot.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 21:42

Ok it's out.
Please load a save where you haven't tried an update attempt yet. That would be the cleanest way.

Else simply play on from where you are. This update won't stop already running tasks of the dead end calculator but it will at least now start only one more of them running on the player ship.
Also the annoying status update messages have been reduced to every 10%.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 16:53

I'd also noticed the constant messages on screen, thanks for fixing - though the file name is still v1.9.8.11 rather than v1.9.8.12 when I download it.

Incidentally, I've been using this with the Xtended Terran Conflict mod and everything works fine.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 21:41

Hmm seems as if xdownloads doesn't accept my new upload.
I've added a temporary mirror.

Kinnison
x3ap

Post by Kinnison » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 15:36

I installed the new version - just a plain upgrade using my current save - and it has worked fine. I got one brief message about dead ends, saying 'completed' and that was it.

I'll kick off a new GE next session just to double check but it seems like you've solved the issue.

I appreciate the speedy way you sorted it.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 22:30

Appreciate your appreciation :)

Gerry Howarth
x4

Post by Gerry Howarth » Thu, 27. Mar 14, 15:30

Just downloaded the latest version - Xdownloads tells you it is downloading Gal_ex_1.9.8.12, but you actually get Gal_ex_1.9.8.11. The mirror gives you Gal_ex_1.9.8.12.

Just for info, Gerry

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 13:13

Yes, I know. I already told the x1tp admin but got no reaction until now.

that's the reason for the mirror ...

Warped
x4

Post by Warped » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 13:58

Cheers for the script gnas :x3:

Just a few questions about functionality:
wavion wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked (Too lazy to read 32 pages of posts - I did read the first 5 and the last 2, though)... anyway... I've had a Galaxy Explorer running for awhile now. If I stop him and then start him up again in a different sector, will he try to remap sectors he's already explored (or worse drop satellites in sectors that already have them)? Or is he smart enough to realize he's in a sector that's already explored and move on to the next one?

Also, if I toggle the setting to explore hostile sectors or not, do I need to stop the explore command and start it up again for the change to take place, or will he adapt without stopping his exploration?

Thanks.

gnasirator wrote:Hi wavion, it works just like you wish it should :)

no remapping twice, instant-change of hostility, will re-drop only missing satellites, no two explorers working in the same sector in parallel, etc.
1. I am seeing multiple adv sats in multiple sectors when cover whole sector setting is set to no(dedicated to sats).

2. When I start my explorers, which is usually in the same sector as I equip them, they will always map that sector, and then the next etc when the sectors have already been mapped.

Not big issues I know, but slows down things considerably.

Warped
x4

Post by Warped » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 10:54

Another few things I have noticed.

When using jumpdrive I have found sometimes explorers get stuck:

Continually traveling between Clarity's End, Third Redemption, Perdition's End(all mapped) when Gunne's Crusade was undiscovered. The ship would jump from one to another, and continually return to buy energy cells.

I also noticed that one was either on command to buy sats or fuel cells, and it traveled through an undiscovered/unknown sector(no gates were known to this sector) to get to where it wanted to by items. This was Gunne's Crusade.

They may be related.

I have since turned off using the jumpdrive.

I can definitely confirm that multiple sats are being deployed as well. At first I thought it may of been because I manually placed them in certain sectors, but I am seeing them now in sectors where I did not manually place them at the start.

Cheers

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”