[SCR] Custom Start v1.4.0 (21-04-14)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 12:30

I'm unfamiliar with XRM custom loadouts and how they might be exposed through script APIs. I expect 'add default items to ship' might link to this, although it has randomness in what it produces.

When I spawn ships in Custom Start I use scripts to fully equip them based on my own algorithms. Adding lasers is the most interesting part: to support laser switching ideally every combination of lasers wants to be added, but if that won't fit into cargo a compromise is needed.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 18:13

shimrod i love every thing about the script apart from one thing which im not sure is in your control or not.

im trying to create a start as a yaki (xrm) were i start in a m3, i just want to adda couple of more m3's and 1 UT so i have a wing and a trader, now my complaint is that the ships get every single weapon / uprage they can possibly carry which tbh sucks a little when im trying to create a sort of poor mans yaki start as i want ships but not fully kitted out just the essentials. otherwise it means i can just go and sell off all the excess weapons and ive got enough to start an empire almost lol. Is there no way to add a menu like cyrows cheat script that lets you choose weapons and upgrades before selecting how many of that ship type i want to spawn?
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 18:20

I'm planning on adding a setting for equip level of spawned ships (nothing, default equipment, optimized), per:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 42#3814742

I'm partway through adding the ability to place stations first, probable eta for the updates within a couple days.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 23:44

My 2 day estimate proved a little over-cautious.

Code: Select all

- Added station placement
- Added ship equipment setting (minimal, standard, optimized)
Tonight I start anew as a teladi company-owner. Smart's enhancement list can wait :)

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 22:10

Uploaded 1.3 with ability to select starting sector. Useful if placing stations far away from the regular start location.

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 18:47

Nice mod. Thanks

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 22:57

I wish i found this script sooner, but i'm using it from now on. Good job!

testosterone83

Post by testosterone83 » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 13:22

I have a problem, when i start a new game with this script, there are all "Readtext" and i don't understand anything!!!!
How do i solve this problem?

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 18:04

User facing text is always read indirectly from text files rather than hardcoded in scripts. That way the game can select which text to use based on in-game language selection. Custom Start only has English though.

The EN text for custom start is in a file called 9051-L044.xml. I've not got X installed to confirm right now, but IIRC this xml file needs to go into the Addon\t folder (where the other files in the zip go into Addon\scripts).

testosterone83

Post by testosterone83 » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 22:40

I'm italian, and set the language (subtitles) in italian.
I have already put this file into addon\t folder... perhaps i must set english language only to select my custom start and later set again italian language?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 22:49

Thanks for this .

I stumbled upon it the other day and it works well with Dilpikle's TC/AP Mod in my sig.

It has enabled me to have a completely new style of playing X.

Used in careful conjunction with Cycrow's Cheat package, it has made my game more of a challenge. :D

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 00:38

@testosterone - you could try copying 9051-L044.xml as 9051-L039.xml, and editing this line in the file:

<language id="44">

to

<language id="39">

With luck that might show the English strings within the Italian game, a step up from readtext errors :)

I gather the language codes are the country dialling codes.
Last edited by Shimrod on Mon, 5. Nov 12, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 00:41

Shimrod wrote:@testosterone - you could try copying 9051-L044.xml as 9051-L039.xml, and editing this line in the file:

<language id="44">

to

<language id="39">

With luck that might show the English strings within the Italian game, a step up from readtext errors :)

I gather the language codes are the country dialling codes.
Correct.... but only works if supported with appropriate language files.
Next up will be Japanese,if not already added....maybe.

skillz
x3tc

Post by skillz » Tue, 15. Jan 13, 07:01

Amazing script. If used wisely it gets the game off to a more enjoyable pace without taking the fun out of everything you may want to achieve.
The Journey is the Reward

[img]http://www.ioncode.com/3per.png[img]

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 10:57

Hi, i have installed the script and everything, went to start a new game, selected both custom start and humble merchant, the menu never poped up. I am 100% sure the files are in the correct location. I get all of the popups from starting a standard XRM game then nothing.

skillz
x3tc

Post by skillz » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 13:40

oddgit,

Worked fine for me, I'm not the maker so I'm not sure how much help I could lend. I would say that another addon/addon's might be the cause? A conflict? Hopefully someone can help you more than I.
The Journey is the Reward

[img]http://www.ioncode.com/3per.png[img]

Nhoo

Post by Nhoo » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 11:16

oddgit

Same for me, the menu never poped up.

But you can make it work by activating setup.gen in the script editor.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 21:25

What is the "Headquarters" option for?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 22:35

Headquarters option gives you a Commonwealth PHQ installed in a TL.
You can choose to have a TL at start or it will just give you TL with the PHQ

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 01:21

Ok, that's what I thought it did. Tried it out, in Albion Prelude, and I am a little disappointed that it is not functioning like the one in Terran Conflict. It looks the same, has the same name, even shows that there's a Buster in the blueprint list; but I don't get access to put new ships into the production queue, reverse engineering queue, no paint job options, nothing. It's not even like a normal dock where I can change the goods it can buy and sell.

Is this maybe a bug I am experiencing, or would I need another mod to give full PHQ functionality to Albion Prelude?

Also: The relations to Pirates and Yaki don't seem to work correctly. I don't think that's an issue with your mod though as even using Cycrow's cheat plugin, I can't get Pirates or Yaki to be non-hostile towards me (global commands have them as friend, and I set race relations of both to +50,000). This makes using this mod to start as a custom pirate guy impossible.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”