[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.8.9.8] [11/16/2019] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 21:01

It should not ... your way of installing seems fine. Maybe try using the no_steam .exe for the game?

Else, please upload a save somewhere with some traders having leftover wares so that I can watch over their shoulders and figure out, why they're not selling their stuff.

Maybe 3.0 DOES affect the script, I might just have to test it ...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 21:09

There weren't any changes made to the Mk3 trader scripts in X3AP version 3.0. See also the AP Steam patches Documentation thread for a list of added / changed files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 03:42

X2-Illuminatus wrote:There weren't any changes made to the Mk3 trader scripts in X3AP version 3.0. See also the AP Steam patches Documentation thread for a list of added / changed files.
Hmm, so technically I shouldn't have needed to reinstall the script at all right?

This is really strange...

@Gnasirator - Okay, I'll be sure to make a save next time this happens. I haven't played in a while again. :P

Hiper-Boy
x3ap

Post by Hiper-Boy » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:00

Getting a bit of a problem, I do not know if its because of this script or intended do to the game.
My ships would get to 80% hull and dock, I would receive a message saying that I need to go there and repair it.
I have about 10 ships doing UT in SATA throughout the night, when I came back 9/10 of them stoped doing anything waiting for me to repair them.

If anyone got insight on this please let me know.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 23:53

Could be simply a coincidence. You should be happy that the ships are still alive :)

In this script, the behaviour is still intended that damaged ships wait at a shipyard for repairing.

So I'd suggest to upgrade their shields and maybe restrict them as local traders to a safer area.

Hiper-Boy
x3ap

Post by Hiper-Boy » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 01:07

gnasirator wrote:Could be simply a coincidence. You should be happy that the ships are still alive :)

In this script, the behaviour is still intended that damaged ships wait at a shipyard for repairing.

So I'd suggest to upgrade their shields and maybe restrict them as local traders to a safer area.

Uuugh I think I was under the impression that the ships would auto repair on there own... My apologies.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 01:44

No they don't simply because repairing can be quite expensive and especially in the early game it could be very disturbing if a Mk3 spends the first hard-earned million credits for repairing his ship while the player wanted to use the money otherwise.

Keridos
x4

Post by Keridos » Thu, 3. Oct 13, 17:43

With newest AP 3.1 XRM 1.30b and a few other scripts (that should not touch trading at all, except Trading Overview (the supported one)) I got an unhandled Exception 623806174 from my only UT after a few minutes.
Is it possible that XRM alters some of the MK3 features?

edit: After restarting the trader everythings seems to run fine, but he does strange things for now: He has some Argnu beef that he is not selling, and he trades 0 items sometimes, meaning, buy 0 then sell 0, altough his cargo still has space. My Sector Traders seem to work fine though.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 3. Oct 13, 23:27

That sounds weird. As soon as I'm back home and got some time, I'll do some testing with your setup.

edit: did a vanilla test run with 3.1. So far no problems at all. Will test with XRM later.

Maybe try a clean install? :?

Servile

Post by Servile » Mon, 14. Oct 13, 23:05

My UT's are messed up, and I understand this script is the cure. AP Vanilla latest version and bonus pack. Basicly they never give me a message when they get attacked. I dont even get a "Your ship is under attack in sector x". They launch drones but dont jump out and just continue normal operations.

Will this script make my game modified? If so, do anyone know wether Egosoft actually takes this bug seriously enough to do something about it, or is the MK3 trader software that comes with vanilla and bonuspack gonna stay bugged?

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 15. Oct 13, 13:27

phew, actually I haven't used vanilla traders for quite some time now for obvious reasons.

But this script will make your game modified, yes. You don't need to activate the SE, though.

Best way of installing:
Use the supplied .exe and point it to you /addon folder.
Then start X3 using the no_steam exe.

You will notice improved behaviour of you traders afterwards. ;)

I still think this script would make a valuable replacement for the vanilla traders and should be implemented into the game. But the devs are busy with other stuff so I've given up on that. Everybody who needs it can get it from here.

Fraggle Rock
x3tc

Post by Fraggle Rock » Sat, 26. Oct 13, 23:43

I've downloaded this script to give it a go :)

I am a tad concerned though. Just started my first sector trader in Ore Belt, then planning to make them a universal trader once they get up to around level 12.

They have got to level 4 and are just on constant standby. Ok I thought, that occasionally happened with vanilla MK3 trader. So I've moved them to Empire's Edge. They are still on standby, and they've been there for around an hour.

Are they waiting for some kind of "improved" software/hardware delivery? Or is my game borked?

PS I am playing TC 3.2

PPS I've gone thru the earlier pages of this thread and found this was an early problem. I really don't want to have to uninstall X3TC on my computer and lose all my accrued game starts to uninstall this script.

Is there some easy way to uninstall this script?

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 27. Oct 13, 12:36

Is your freighters cargo bay full or partially filled?

Are there any enemies about?

Are you using the latest version of the script?

The only issue I've had with these scripts in the last year has been traders assigned a home base get stuck at level 6. Work around is wait until they get level 7 then home base them.
Still life in the old dog yet...

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 28. Oct 13, 09:41

How's your reputation to the paranid people?
If your sector trader can't dock at any station, he can't find trade routes, too.

So I guess there are no profitable trades in ore belt and you don't have docking permission in empire's edge.

Filled cargo bays CAN be a problem, too, if there's no station around to sell the stuff to.

Vayde: Can you please give me a save with a stuck lvl 6 trader? I couldn't reproduce that problem at home.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 28. Oct 13, 10:39

I'll try and find one.

I may have archived the campaign before the work around. If not I'll try and recreate a new version from scratch.

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 2. Nov 13, 21:05

Hi there,

sorry if this has been asked already... I was recommended this script because I want to be able to use a sector blacklist for sectors that my UT traders get destroyed in on a regular basis. I play X3:TC. So I installed the scripts, and first thing, many of my traders stopped trading, but I guess that's normal, since I can reassign the universal trade command to them... But how do you actually configure the sector blacklist? Thanks.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 2. Nov 13, 22:56

Go to your orders section and look in Additional Commands. They both normally say None.

Click any of them and that will open up another menu where you will find the sector blacklist manager.

It's very straight forward to use, just click add sector and the galaxy map of known sectors will appear. Then just navigate to the sector you want to blacklist and click it or hit enter.

After that just repeat for all of the sectors you want blacklisted. You only have to blacklist a sector once because all Mk3 traders use the same list and it's saved out with your normal game saves.

Vayde

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sun, 3. Nov 13, 02:08

Excellent, got it. Thanks! :)

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Mon, 4. Nov 13, 00:21

Wow! I'm not 100% sure if it's solely because of this script, but at the same time I didn't change anything else related to trading - before installing it my UT Traders made roughly 1 to 1.5M per hour. Now they make a whopping 4 to 5M per hour...! Is it possible that this script makes such a big difference...?? :D

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 4. Nov 13, 11:06

8)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”