[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.8.9.8] [11/16/2019] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gnasirator
x3tc

[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.8.9.8] [11/16/2019] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 18:38

What's this? _____________________________________________________________

Download:
  • Main:

Mirror 1:

Mirror 2:

Mirror 3 (outdated):
    Link

Compatability: _____________________________________________________________

Installation:
  • -> The setup will delete all old autotrade files to keep the scripts and t folder tidy.
    1. Run the .exe from the .rar file and specify the path to the:
    - X3 folder for TC
    - X3/addon folder for AP
    2. Click extract, done.
    3. Start game, play.

OR simply extract the files directly from the .rar file.

Feature Summary:
  • - improved trade route search
    - rest ware selling
    - higher chance of survival when under attack
    - auto restart after successfull escape from attack
    - Trade Overview now shows salaries, repair costs and includes delivered wares
    - improved fuel management and status displays
    - cargo manager enables storage of wares in ships cargo bay
    - automatic shield upgrades at experience lvl 16+
    - fixed vanilla sector blacklist bug
    - New Economy Helper mode: capped traders priorize on keeping stations producing.
    - countless internal improvements with over 90% of rewritten code

Changelog:
-> please read changelog.txt in the download archive.

Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by gnasirator on Wed, 18. Dec 19, 17:57, edited 225 times in total.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 01:21

The best version of MK3 trader ... Ever
Last edited by jack775544 on Sat, 8. Jun 13, 16:11, edited 2 times in total.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 15:22

thanks. if you have further ideas for improvement, let me know!
Last edited by gnasirator on Fri, 27. Nov 15, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 15:58

Can you make it so that at a certain level UTs will send a message to the player when enemies get within a certain radius of his ship, maybe at even higher levels they signal the player when an enemy ship targets them?
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 16:47

Hm what would be the use of that?
You won't be able to get there fast enough to protect the ship.

And right now the trader already escapes quite well when attacked (jumps away). So he only has to withstand while jump drive charges.

And if a M1 or M2 aggroes him ... well ... sometimes it's a rough universe out there ;)

-> And I don't really like to change major parts of how the trader works. The code is just too complex for that so I'm more after fine tuning the little nasty parts which always bothered you ;)

ScorpioNicus
x3ap

Post by ScorpioNicus » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 13:52

Sometimes one of my UTs will buy a good in such great quality that when it attempts to sell it, someone else beat it there and it is unable to sell its goods. I'm not sure if it checks to see if it can sell it anywhere else or not but once this happens the UT command becomes 'none' and it just goes afk. Perhaps it is unable to find a selling location anywhere in the universe because when I try to manually tell it to begin universe trading I get an "Incoming Message" audio sound but no actual message and the command stays on 'none'. I have to manually dump the cargo before it accepts the order. So, I was hoping this could be fixed so that if it is unable to find a selling point for all the wares at once as it normally does, it could be ordered to either dump that cargo or try to get rid of it by selling it at multiple locations. Much time can be wasted if this event occurs so I appreciate anyone looking into this. Thanks!

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 10:54

Okay, sounds reasonable to look into this.

In my old MK3 Opt. script I had written an extra routine to sell left-over wares.
maybe I can reactivate that.

I'll try to make it work like this:
If wares are left in cargo hold after trying to sell them
-> try to find another sell station with enough room to buy all my wares
-> If unsuccessful, try to find a sell station to buy at least most of my wares and leave the rest in cargo hold for a later resell.
-> If both don't work and cargo hold is full and blocking further operation, dump it.

Sounds good?

Edit:
Done, check new version.
Have fun :)

ScorpioNicus
x3ap

Post by ScorpioNicus » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 21:14

Oh thanks for looking into that so fast!

I haven't yet tried this script but with the default mk3 scripts I have a few problems;
1. My UTs sometimes go into blacklisted sectors.
2. My UTs sometimes lose their orders and end up on 'none'. They end up docked at some station unrelated to the wares they are carrying when this occurs. This may be related to pirates/enemies being in the same sector (maybe they are docking to avoid danger instead of jumping?).
3. UTs don't seem to trade properly with player stations. They try to sell wares to my station which is sometimes a problem because the station can't afford it in which case the UT just sits there forever. They don't seem to sell products from my stations. I think these problems stem from the fact that they perceive the goods of the station as having the cost that the station is buying or selling at. Since the goods belong to the player the UTs should think of the goods as a purchase cost of 0cr and selling cost of 0cr. This way, UTs will actually use player stations properly by noticing the huge profits due to the 0cr purchase cost and won't try to make profit off of player stations due to the 0cr selling price.

I noticed back on the old script you worked on. It said the UTs were made to jump more frequently, saving time, and probably more likely to make it to the selling location before an NPC, thus increasing profits per time spent trading. It also mentioned that it had a better scanning method to determine the best possible profit. Does this script already include these features?

Thanks again for your work.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 22:13

3. UTs don't seem to trade properly with player stations. They try to sell wares to my station which is sometimes a problem because the station can't afford it in which case the UT just sits there forever. They don't seem to sell products from my stations. I think these problems stem from the fact that they perceive the goods of the station as having the cost that the station is buying or selling at. Since the goods belong to the player the UTs should think of the goods as a purchase cost of 0cr and selling cost of 0cr. This way, UTs will actually use player stations properly by noticing the huge profits due to the 0cr purchase cost and won't try to make profit off of player stations due to the 0cr selling price.
I will look into that. But not today any more. I haven't noticed such behaviour yet but the solution sounds great. should be possible to script that.
Does this script already include these features?
Jeah, traders now jump into next sectors again. And have a proper rest ware selling routine on board. just try it. I think you'll be pleased.

Still I ONLY did implemented the features from post #1. Everything else goes to SymTec's credit, who did an amazing rework.

About points 1. and 2.:
I have absolutely NO idea, why they might do that. I still don't get the whole blacklisting thing properly ...

ScorpioNicus
x3ap

Post by ScorpioNicus » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 23:07

Sounds good, I'll give it a shot now. Thanks again!

ScorpioNicus
x3ap

Post by ScorpioNicus » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 00:04

Oh I forgot to mention something about the station idea - purchasing should only apply to products, otherwise the UTs will probably end up stealing away all the resources & intermediate products, crippling the station.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 18:56

sorry, still haven't looked into that one ...

But: new Version! :)

Edit: Scorp, why don't you use the MK3 blacklist manager and just blacklist your stations?
And use Lucike's Commercial Agent to work for your stations?

That saves me some work and I guess it's a good idea to seperate those two areas of work anyway.

ScorpioNicus
x3ap

Post by ScorpioNicus » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 04:29

I guess I'd just like to have one ultimate trader script that makes the absolute best possible profits. I'm not a big fan of the whole leveling thing, especially when it limits AI. The CAG for instance, doesn't let your trader sell goods until it levels up... which is crazy annoying if you setup a new complex that is self reliant (needs no resources). The first level CAG can only buy goods... but won't do anything if the station doesn't need any resources. It's just a bunch of manual annoyances to get it working. I want to be able to buy a really expensive ship (big investment) that makes big profits with just a few clicks. A trader leveling feature might make sense to me if it had some neat effect on profits or range of goods detection.. something like that. I just don't like how a script intentionally makes a trader dumb as bricks and holds back proper functionality as some attempt to throw in rpg aspects. I'm down with adding RPG stuff into the game but I don't think it's being implemented correctly so far. Anyways I'm gonna stop rambling and complaining. Thanks for all your work so far - I was gonna mention the loop bug but you already fixed it :)

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 09:29

Well for the mk3, you can easily avoid the levelup procedure.

Activate the SE and create a new script with one argument of type ship.

Then in the script you need one line:

Code: Select all

ship -> set local variable name 'experience' to 25
use this script on your mk3 traders and they're ready to rock :)

I can understand that you want to have only ONE script doing ALL the trading work. But you have to see how complex it is to create a script to do this. I'm so glad that SymTec Ltd. restructured the old MK3 code so that it was possible for me to fine tune it again, without the errors from the old version from Reunion.
Therefore the (my^^) MK3 is for pure trading the best out there.

Problem with yourprice suggestions for player owned stations is, that it would be REALLY difficult to achieve, if not impossible, as there is only one internal command (no script) to make the game find a possible buy or sellstation für a ware at a given price. There's no way I can think of, right now, to make this use custom player station prices.
So instead of risking to break the MK3, just use the other software, I mentioned earlier.
It's really great!

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 23:50

Sorry, but *Push*

-> Only once! For the release ;)

A_Li_N
x3

Post by A_Li_N » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 06:35

I attempted to activate a sector trader on one of my transports and it changed its name to an message to inform you that 'return null bug has occurred'. I also receive a message that the pilot is not skilled enough (currently level 3).

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 09:29

ah good to know, thanks a lot!

I heard from another user that sometimes he has troubles with traders stopping their business and I tried to figure out, why that might happen.

So what you're saying is, that even though the trader is experience lvl 3, he won't start sector trading?

Sorry for that -> fixed :)

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 14:23

I've also run into that problem. Give sector trader command->Incoming message!(Fail notice, your trader is level 1; requires level 8)->Command Accepted. Then nothing happens.

- _ -)z z

Upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 fixed it. Kinda. I eventually just downloaded the cheat script and as soon as I bought a new MK3 trade equipped TS, the original began to work again. :roll:

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 00:42

@probe1:
jeah, that problem came with merging sector and universe traders into one script. the universe script still had an experience check in it. I have overseen that. Was only testing with high lvl traders.

but should work now. I have double checked the complete leveling procedure.

what do you mean with 'kinda' ? Is there still anything buggy? Then tell me please, so I can fix it :)

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 15:56

I think it's sorted itself out now; it must have been related to the previous problem. My sector/local traders were all spending excessive amounts of time on standby (1 hour plus) despite profit opportunities being present.

I uninstalled the script and they returned to buy/sell routines like normal. I reinstalled a few moments ago and everything is running smoothly so I think it was just the last versions ghost in the machine.

Cheers!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”