[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.8.9.8] [11/16/2019] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

A_Li_N
x3

Post by A_Li_N » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 06:35

I attempted to activate a sector trader on one of my transports and it changed its name to an message to inform you that 'return null bug has occurred'. I also receive a message that the pilot is not skilled enough (currently level 3).

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 09:29

ah good to know, thanks a lot!

I heard from another user that sometimes he has troubles with traders stopping their business and I tried to figure out, why that might happen.

So what you're saying is, that even though the trader is experience lvl 3, he won't start sector trading?

Sorry for that -> fixed :)

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 14:23

I've also run into that problem. Give sector trader command->Incoming message!(Fail notice, your trader is level 1; requires level 8)->Command Accepted. Then nothing happens.

- _ -)z z

Upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 fixed it. Kinda. I eventually just downloaded the cheat script and as soon as I bought a new MK3 trade equipped TS, the original began to work again. :roll:

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 00:42

@probe1:
jeah, that problem came with merging sector and universe traders into one script. the universe script still had an experience check in it. I have overseen that. Was only testing with high lvl traders.

but should work now. I have double checked the complete leveling procedure.

what do you mean with 'kinda' ? Is there still anything buggy? Then tell me please, so I can fix it :)

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 15:56

I think it's sorted itself out now; it must have been related to the previous problem. My sector/local traders were all spending excessive amounts of time on standby (1 hour plus) despite profit opportunities being present.

I uninstalled the script and they returned to buy/sell routines like normal. I reinstalled a few moments ago and everything is running smoothly so I think it was just the last versions ghost in the machine.

Cheers!

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 22:21

great. I'm relieved :)

ScorpioNicus
x3ap

Post by ScorpioNicus » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 21:46

I've noticed that after leaving the game on for awhile, many of my traders are dying, and most of the ones that don't die end up in some station with no order (the script stopped I guess).
I suspect this problem is related to the trader encountering an enemy.
I think the script needs to be tweaked to fix up the evasion a bit. I'm guessing the ships aren't jumpdriving away properly, and if they do escape they end up going to some station where the script ends.
I think apart from this issue everything seems to be running well.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 22:16

Have you checked your pilot's log for messages?
The trader should drop a note with the reason, why he stopped working.
But that's a really RARE case, usually.

The evasion, when attacked, is done by jumping away, that's right. But that's no guarantee for every trader to survive, even though my 10 test traders survive sinza nights without problems.
After jumpdriving away, the traders wait at the nearest station for the target sector to be free of enemies again. They don't stop their current command. they just wait. if you can confirm, that they stop and set their command to NONE, please would you provide a savegame where I can reproduce that behavior?

Or else maybe you can narrow down your problem a little bit?
Tried blocking enemy sectors? With mk3 sector manager software?

Drockt1
x4

Post by Drockt1 » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 00:18

Is there any sort of problem with this script and M6 traders? Ive had a ship in a hostile sector trading(and trained up 2 different traders, moving them to new ships when they move to UT). I finally decided to replace the TS in the sector with a M6 as a trader. The mk3 script running in this sector is going nonestop all the time and runs great.. but once i switched it to a m6 ST it just sits there.... So then i tried a m6 UT and that is sitting here to.. yet my TS UTs are going fine... Any idea what gives?

To show that its not the pilots skill.. i have a lvl 20 trader in a m6 in the sector, hes just sitting there on stand bye.. i start a brand new lvl 1 ST in a TS and he starts trading right away in the sector.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 10:45

Hm I just checked in my game:
My M6 trades just fine! Works like a charm.

Have you checked the cargo bay size? Maybe it's too small to find any lucrative trade runs?
I noticed that the cargo bay of my M6 was quite small ....

How much space do you have free in your M6 trader?

dogcake

Problem...

Post by dogcake » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 21:27

Hey guys, I am experiencing a problem with this addon.

First off, I bought the game recently on Steam, this is the first script I ahve ever downloaded.

Okay, I extracted everything into the TC folder, asked me to overwrite the files, clicked yes, okey-dokey, everything went fine.

Righto, started my existing savegame (3 TS, Level 19, 16 and 11).

Gave them the command to start the universe trader, shipcomputer says "Command accepted".

- But nothing happens :? -

Here is what PI have tried:

1. Clearing the Homebase setting
2. Sending the ships to new sectors and retried

Did that about 10 times per ship, no result. The shiops still appear in the Shiplist (R-Key) as status "None". Not moving at all.

So.. given its working for you guys I must have done something wrong, but what?!

Thanks in advance

Drockt1
x4

Post by Drockt1 » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 21:31

gnasirator wrote:Hm I just checked in my game:

Have you checked the cargo bay size? Maybe it's too small to find any lucrative trade runs?

Playing XTC, and was trying to use "truelight seekers" which have like 3k cargo in the mod, so that shouldn't be it, maybe its some other weird conflict.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 21:35

Drockt1 wrote:
gnasirator wrote:Hm I just checked in my game:

Playing XTC, and was trying to use "truelight seekers" which have like 3k cargo in the mod, so that shouldn't be it, maybe its some other weird conflict.
Is there any log entry in your pilot's log? The MK3 traders usually leave a message when they quit.
As I don't use any mods, I'm sorry, I cannot check your save. If you can reproduce that behaviour in a vanilla game, please let me know and I will gladly look into your save!

@dogcake:
Same for you: are there any new entries in your pilot's log?
Else, would you provide me your savegame so I can check myself?

dogcake

Post by dogcake » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 22:59

According to me, there are no new entries.
But then again, I have never played such a complicated game xD I've been playing it for 2 weeks now and still hassling with all it's functions.

Ill send you my savegame link in a minute, it's still uploading (darn 200kbit/s upload -.-)

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 23:25

alright :)

to check player log -> press shift + m

or p and select pilot log manually.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 15:43

Hi. How do I uninstall this script?

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 16:04

why would you want to do that? is there anything wrong with it?

to answer your question:
get yourself the original script files and overwrite mine. done.
traders automatically restart and change to the old version again.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 16:09

Thank you. My UTs have been behaving erratically since combining your script with XRM. I would like to uninstall your script to test and see if it corrects their behavior so I can eliminate it from the list of potential conflicts.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 17:24

ah okay. good to know.

let me know when you found out. so I can mark this as XRM comptabile, if it is.

btw I fixed your problem with explorers droping sats in unknown enemy sectors.

Danubian

Post by Danubian » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 12:41

Do i drop your files only in folder where .exe is located, or addon folder as well?

I did both (pasted files 2 times) and right now i dont have sector or universe trader option any more, at all. So when i load save that had a bunch of sector and universe traders, they are all on standby, without the option of setting them up again.

AB latest patch.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”