[MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moonrat
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun, 20. Apr 08, 16:20
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 01:47

I'm mostly only running the Galaxy Editor at the moment, however I loaded my AP savegame and it seemed OK.

When both X3TC 3.2 & AP 1.1 came out I checked the files in "types" and the xml map files for changes and I could not see anything that looked like it'd trip the mod up. Not sure what files "MARS" may use...?

Your issue is the first since the patches were released... is anyone else out there having the same problem? IEX 1.0c is now over the 350+ download mark and so I'd kinda' think that if it was a generic problem I'd be receiving more reports?

User avatar
TheRealBix
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu, 2. Jul 09, 14:34
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 01:55

I installed those mods as false patches. If I remove them, i will normally be able to launch my saves or not ?
'Cause I tried, but nothing :/[/b]

User avatar
Moonrat
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun, 20. Apr 08, 16:20
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 02:05

TheRealBix wrote:I installed those mods as false patches. If I remove them, i will normally be able to launch my saves or not ?
'Cause I tried, but nothing :/[/b]
IEX extends the "Types" files and so I'd suspect that you might have problems if you have objects in-game that no longer have a valid reference point. You could try and see what happens. I'll have another look to see if anything could have screwed up.... no one else has yet reported problems with specifically IE/IEX. I have seen elsewhere on the forums other savegame issues that might be related to yours and so it might be something else...?

User avatar
TheRealBix
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu, 2. Jul 09, 14:34
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 02:34

objects in-game that no longer have a valid reference point
This should be something that have changed with the update, no ?

MARS use Tships files in the false patch, so I don't think MARS is the problem. And this cannot be scripts, so it should be IE/IEX.
I read in IE topic that a new start is required (but not in IEX). This can be the problem ?

ps : Sorry for my bad english, I'm so tired ^^

User avatar
Moonrat
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun, 20. Apr 08, 16:20
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 10:08

Both IE / IEX require a new start because the map has changed. IEX also requires a new start because the TBackgrounds, TPlanets, Lenflares and TSuns files have changed.

I have had no other reports of other folks games being corrupted?

User avatar
TheRealBix
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu, 2. Jul 09, 14:34
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 20:38

Both IE / IEX require a new start because the map has changed
I think this is the problem for me. You should indicate that in the first post, because for the moment you say that is not required :/

User avatar
Moonrat
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun, 20. Apr 08, 16:20
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 22:26

The OP states "Although a new game start is not required, the best effect will be seen within new games."

This statement is true. Some of the mod. replaces existing textures and object files and so this would be seen if the mod. was installed into an existing game. However to experience the best effect a new game start is required as the 'x3_universe.xml' has been altered. It is only with a new gamestart that this is utilised.

Jonas801
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon, 8. Nov 10, 13:26
x3tc

Post by Jonas801 » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 15:32

Sounds and looks great from what i can see! I wonder if there is anyway to make it compatible with XRM for AP.
Mu

User avatar
Black147
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun, 23. Jan 11, 15:45
x3ap

Post by Black147 » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 06:54


User avatar
Jack08
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun, 25. Dec 05, 11:42
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 09:18

Black147 wrote:Jonas:

There is. I hope :P

See here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 82#3804182
You could try using this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=311794
Image
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

User avatar
Black147
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun, 23. Jan 11, 15:45
x3ap

Post by Black147 » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 10:40

Nice!

Unfortunately I didn´t know about that and already have the map done. I solved it by using a perl script and XML::Twig :roll:

User avatar
Moonrat
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun, 20. Apr 08, 16:20
x4

Post by Moonrat » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 14:34

Nice to see both mine, others & connary's work being made compatible with XRM... I believe that in this area, 'imitation is the highest form of flattery' (as long as the originators receive approriate credit). I'm slowly working on planet textures (due to RL and 'other' activities) and will probably release something (at least partly done) soon.

I've built myself an 'awk' tool that converts the universe xml files to something I can easily compare differences between. When I release IEX 1.1, so that any modifications to IEX compatible versions elsewhere (eg. XRM) doesn't involve a complete re-work, would it be useful for a text file to be included showing the changes to stars/nebula/planets/moons between the versions ?

Baleur
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri, 28. Oct 05, 13:37
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 14:48

May i ask, why is "the best effect will be seen with new game starts"?
What exact things are lost if i use this and load a savegame? Any visual stuff or just universe layouts?

I'm planning on using this with the XRM, so i assume just the vanilla sectors will get their appearance changed while the actual layout and stuff remains the same.

Can i then just load my XRM savegame and get all the visual fluff of this mod?
Thanks :D



Edit: reading the latest posts, i assume i'll have to wait for the compatability guy to upload his changes :)
CPU: Intel i5 2500k RAM: 8gb 1333mhz Video: nVidia 560TI 1gb Sound: Asus Xonar D2

User avatar
Moonrat
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun, 20. Apr 08, 16:20
x4

Post by Moonrat » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 15:18

Baleur wrote:May i ask, why is "the best effect will be seen with new game starts"?
If the mod. is used without a new game start, only new textures or objects within IE/IEX having the same internal file name or number as before will be displayed in-game. Some effort has gone into the selection of backgrounds and stars/planets/moon so that each sector looks better than before (I hope). The ethos followed is that the 'new' sectors more closely follow their own sector description, and provide a greater variety and continuity of space environment. An existing game won't benefit from all of this work. This is because all the 'sector map objects' are positionally fixed and are not changed between game-saves when different mods. are swapped in/out. For example, it is possible that a 'new' nebula may be strangely in-front of a planet due to it's changed shape, and some planet colours may clash with their new backgrounds.

If a new game start is made, all the additional changes to the x3_universe.xml map will be incorporated and this extends the range, number and position of stars/planets/moons, and it includes many extra backgrounds. There are many new internal 'objects' within IEX and only upon a new game load will these be displayed in-game. A new game will change the numbers and types of stars & planets and their positions against the defined background and make it persistant between saves. (This is why if you remove a mod. from an existing save-game, it may not function correctly or look odd).

I hope that answers your question. Let me know if you're still unsure of the differences...

User avatar
Black147
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun, 23. Jan 11, 15:45
x3ap

Post by Black147 » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 19:11

Moonrat wrote:Nice to see both mine, others & connary's work being made compatible with XRM... I believe that in this area, 'imitation is the highest form of flattery
Indeed :P
Moonrat wrote:I've built myself an 'awk' tool that converts the universe xml files to something I can easily compare differences between.
I use simple Notepad++ compare plugin to show side by side comparisons. Works well in most cases.
Moonrat wrote:... would it be useful for a text file to be included showing the changes to stars/nebula/planets/moons between the versions ?
Maybe. Dunno, my idea was to use above mentioned Notepad++ method to find and hand edit less extensive changes. Otherwise just do a complete re-export using my own or Jack08 script. Also: you have a PM.

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”