[MOD] [AP/TC] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V2.01 Hotfixed Available 21/5/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 04:45

dougeye wrote:Rick - its up to the extended team to merge xtra into there mod, with cadius's persmission obviously. saying that cadius could create a xtra patch as it were but i think he already said he won't bother until xtended is at least v2.0.

as for the old thread, i appreciate the fact that freya contributed alot to this mod and i wont take that away from him/her but they were warned about spammming ponies and i dont see why the thread had to shut when they could have recieved a "temporary" ban of some sort for bad behaviour lol

still as least we have a shinny new thread!

i wonder what the next spamage will be? lol
actually it's up to Cadius to make the merge with the X-tended mod or someone else willing to do it for Cadius. Of course they have to make changes since there are ships in place already in the X-tended mod that take the names of ships in Cadius pack that are said in game by Betty.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 14:10

i have been waiting for an Xtra-XTC mashup to be released since XTC launched
also a CMOD for XTC would be nice whilst we are on this subject (vannila weapon are WAY too powerfull)
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

Brahemino
x4

Post by Brahemino » Thu, 20. Oct 11, 15:47

Hi Cadius! I've just noticed something strange in right/left USC turrets alignment when in standby...they aren't orthogonal with the hull of the ship but they are slightly inclined...It isn't nothing of so noticeable...but i thought some "bug" - report could be useful :)

Bye :) Keep up for a good work!
www.calciopeglio.netsons.org
Un paese e la sua realtà calcisitca.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 20:18

Right some of the most Iconic designs in the history of Games Workshop's WH40K franchise, ya that's gonna go down well...

GW LOVE their stuff being used outside the scope of their IP...
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 21:36

Who said anything about using their stuff? :roll:
I think about those screens more as an inspiration rather than 1:1 copy.

EDIT:
I definetly think that Manta should be like very heavy military TP, or Boron light TL (kinda like Tepukei).

Phoenic/Void Dragon Phoenix looks like advance version of Boron Barracuda, Void Dragon, with it's dual seat cokpit could be Boron M3B.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 22:41

The elder ships are closer to paranid that boron.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 22. Oct 11, 23:43

TrixX wrote:Right some of the most Iconic designs in the history of Games Workshop's WH40K franchise, ya that's gonna go down well...

GW LOVE their stuff being used outside the scope of their IP...
The Sarcasm is strong with this one. :lol:

Chris122990
x4

Post by Chris122990 » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 06:53

Is there any way to fix the engine effects when using the Xtra Effects Pack?

When it's installed, nearly all ships have their vanilla "full power" engine effects constantly, even when at full stop or docked. It just doesn't look right having them stick out like that. I'll try to get a screen tomorrow.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 13:05

By Xtra effects pack do you mean the trails pack ?

If so they should not be on full speed unless the ships are at full speed. Get an image up and I will be able to say more.

Chris122990
x4

Post by Chris122990 » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 20:50

Yes, I meant the trail pack.

Here's some screens of a Q and a Kestrel:

http://i.imgur.com/XXOaF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HEh2m.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SH7IV.jpg

As you can see, the vanilla engine effects remain on at full power even when the ship is stopped. They also remain on constantly and do not move with the Xtra trails, causing it to look rather ugly:

http://i.imgur.com/Y5SC5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lawXP.jpg

{oversized images replaced with links - CBJ}

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 22:01

i notice you have some sort of hud mod / icon mod installed judging by the lasers, any chnace that or another mod that effects grafics, e.g weapon effects etc is not conflicting with the xtra trails pack, most weapon balanceing / performance mods also dip there toe into engine effects also.

Chris122990
x4

Post by Chris122990 » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 22:29

Actually, those are Beta Kyon Emitters, which are the weapons the Kha'ak use on their medium size ships.

That is their default icon.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 23:17

that will be why ive never seen them then! lol dont use khaak weapons :)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 23:45

Hmm odd, can anyone else with the trail pack install check those ships for me. Don't have any of my mods/tools installed yet.

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 07:58

killerog wrote:Hmm odd, can anyone else with the trail pack install check those ships for me. Don't have any of my mods/tools installed yet.
I see the vanilla trails as well as yours while they're in motion, but not stationary. Must be a conflict or incorrect installation on his end.
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]

Chris122990
x4

Post by Chris122990 » Wed, 26. Oct 11, 06:33

OK, I figured it out. When you download the XTra ships, the archive is in a format that puts the mod's cat files in the mods folder. In order to make the trails behave like they should, it has to be installed as a fake patch.

Maybe this should be added to the known issues section.

Also, I don't have even the slightest idea of how modding TC works, but would it be possible to create fake blank textures (like how you can override gate textures) to override the vanilla engines so that only the XTra Trails show?

Also, why is it that at the higher SETA speeds (like 10x) the trails will fly ahead of the ship?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 26. Oct 11, 07:56

Bug with particle FX. Over certain speeds with certain densities of particles. The engine can no longer render fast enough (especially with seta since that's a time accelerator).
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 11:05

http://jepray.deviantart.com/art/Andali ... epray&qo=0

This thing with Boron texture could be nice response to Split Ocelot tactical frigate. Or it could be very heavy M6.

Edit: Or Boron M8 (since they lack one) with multiple turrets.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 11:34

Cadius,

I have two questions, I am playing the game using the rebalance mod, just updated it to the latest version. My question is, is the Teladi Talon included in the Mod since Paul says on his note that he included your xtra ship pack, so we don't have to downloaded and second , what are the specs as far as weapons slots on the main and turrets?

Thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”