[MOD] [AP/TC] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V2.01 Hotfixed Available 21/5/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sun, 16. Oct 11, 22:34

What i LIKE! about this latest OTAS M2+ design is it is NOT 100% argon, the front end looks slightly split! which i think is a good thing as OTAS being a corporation would take the best design features from multiple races to design there ships!
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 00:10

Yep, multiple race design style for OTAS sounds resonable. I do see a lot of Split fetures in this design, but still this think is way more Argon that the Vanilla Boreas (which I hope will get a replacement in form of Space Cucumber).

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 01:04

a suggetion for this ship.

i am of a rather split like mindset and belive you should pack this thing full of gunns untill the game itself wont let you add any more, but give it the shields of an M6
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 04:28

I still think the Boreas from Vanilla (and the other ships of it's style) are just really out of place. I've reassigned them to other duties in X-TL and Cad's are the OTAS ships. A replacement for the Boreas would be welcome though :)

Sorry to hear about your loss Cadius.
Last edited by TrixX on Mon, 17. Oct 11, 06:15, edited 1 time in total.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 05:30

My condolences Cadius about your mother.

The only thing I ever liked about the vanilla Boreas was the front end. It has kind of a 2001 Space Odyssey command module look to it, but all the tubes and lights were just out of place.

As for form and function though given the weapon technology,beam turrets for missle defense, combined with Gamma PPC and perhaps side launch missle turrets. Does anyone remember that cut scene in Starlancer where the Yamato jumps in and lets go a broadside of torpedos? I would love to have an M1 that I could swing in between a couple of Zenon caps and give them both a broadside of firestorm torpedos. And speaking of form and function does anyone besides me find it odd that there are no Tug/barge combos in X? I mean in reality that would be the most economical way of moving freight by ship would be to have a Tug that could dock with and move massive barges filled with all kinds of wares.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 07:59

RANT ON

:o I go away for a few days and this happens, a new thread opens up because the other one was locked :shock:

Do me a favor... BEHAVE...

THIS means all of you who aggravate or love to get at each others throats. I won't say whom I'm talking about and you know who you are (there are several and not just 1 or 2 people.) :rant:

RANT OFF

Nice work with the new model Cad and my condolences for your loss. Losing a family member is never easy.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 08:35

Nice work with the new model Cad and my condolences for your loss. Losing a family member is never easy.
Same here Cadius.
Your family is more important and it's very
understandable if you took time off.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 18:16

give the old OTAS - BIG YELLOW LIGHTY STUFF to the goner and change there uses. Im sure paul can do something with them in XRM :)

e46justice
xr

Post by e46justice » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 00:54

My condolences to you, for your mother and your thread cad. Was hoping your mod would make it to number one posted thread in ego history. You were in top 10 buddy!

Death by ponie. For now on .... unicorns only. Rule. Respect it.

What about light destroyers for each race? I know thats kinda filled by m7+ but a fast big ship killer design would be neat. Think 12i forward turrets (so npc can use properly) and verry light side and rear.

Think npc would use 4 in format to take out targets fast one at a time.

Rickjames125
x3tc

Post by Rickjames125 » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 03:59

Top of the line ships you got there son :roll:. Very sorry to hear about your mother, I hope all will okay soon. Anyways Itd be cool if you could make your ship pack compatible with Xtended mod. Building a Nagoya in a shipyard would be awesome. Otherwise love the mod :D

thomas1217

Post by thomas1217 » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 18:47

Hello Cadius heartfelt condolences for your deceased mother. Take your time you need, you and your family are more important. And then even your old thread is killed, now she have managed your old thread is dead, I hope it does not degenerate again.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 20:18

Rick - its up to the extended team to merge xtra into there mod, with cadius's persmission obviously. saying that cadius could create a xtra patch as it were but i think he already said he won't bother until xtended is at least v2.0.

as for the old thread, i appreciate the fact that freya contributed alot to this mod and i wont take that away from him/her but they were warned about spammming ponies and i dont see why the thread had to shut when they could have recieved a "temporary" ban of some sort for bad behaviour lol

still as least we have a shinny new thread!

i wonder what the next spamage will be? lol

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 20:19

Rick - its up to the extended team to merge xtra into there mod, with cadius's persmission obviously. saying that cadius could create a xtra patch as it were but i think he already said he won't bother until xtended is at least v2.0.

as for the old thread, i appreciate the fact that freya contributed alot to this mod and i wont take that away from him/her but they were warned about spammming ponies and i dont see why the thread had to shut when they could have recieved a "temporary" ban of some sort for bad behaviour lol

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 21:56

LOL dougeye, looks like it may be you with the submit button :lol:

I look forward to seeing the new Hakata in action though :D
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Kodiak88
x3tc

Post by Kodiak88 » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 22:13

I'm looking forward to the new Hakata. My war with the Boron has been escalating, and new ships from R&D are always good for the cause. :)

Currently, it is not terribly difficult to merge Cadius' ships into XTC, but if I were Cadius, I wouldn't bother with it until they were at a stable and soon to be patched version either.

As for the spam and trolls, let us leave it all in the previous thread. That includes mentioning it, since talking about spam is still spam, including these run on sentences.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 04:45

dougeye wrote:Rick - its up to the extended team to merge xtra into there mod, with cadius's persmission obviously. saying that cadius could create a xtra patch as it were but i think he already said he won't bother until xtended is at least v2.0.

actually it's up to Cadius to make the merge with the X-tended mod or someone else willing to do it for Cadius. Of course they have to make changes since there are ships in place already in the X-tended mod that take the names of ships in Cadius pack that are said in game by Betty.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 14:10

i have been waiting for an Xtra-XTC mashup to be released since XTC launched
also a CMOD for XTC would be nice whilst we are on this subject (vannila weapon are WAY too powerfull)
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

Brahemino
x4

Post by Brahemino » Thu, 20. Oct 11, 15:47

Hi Cadius! I've just noticed something strange in right/left USC turrets alignment when in standby...they aren't orthogonal with the hull of the ship but they are slightly inclined...It isn't nothing of so noticeable...but i thought some "bug" - report could be useful :)

Bye :) Keep up for a good work!
www.calciopeglio.netsons.org
Un paese e la sua realtà calcisitca.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 20:18

Right some of the most Iconic designs in the history of Games Workshop's WH40K franchise, ya that's gonna go down well...

GW LOVE their stuff being used outside the scope of their IP...
Sir Ken Robinson

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”