X Plugin Manager and SPK Tools for Mac v. 1.21 and AP Bonus Pack How-To (5/4/2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 20:38

Ugh, sorry guys, I've been somewhat busy with college life so I haven't visited this stuff in a while. I'm still not sure what's causing the .NET problem with the listview of installed packages not showing, but I think it's relatively new, either with regard to the Plugin Manager or to some newer version of wine. This will require a bit of thinking.

With regard to the wineserver PID thing, could you guys provide a bit more context (when/how did it first start, etc.)

@Jaydaya: Really? I didn't notice any change in my install of the BP, but I guess I haven't thoroughly tested it since 1.1. Remind me, did you install the BP into the addons folder?

@svenje: This will likely work, but I advise caution, as you might accidentally install the BP inside the Plugin Manager wrapper itself, instead of in your game's install. Also, I think the wineskin Install Windows Program function may ask for the .exe to open when the wrapper is executed (although I'm not entirely certain), so if you do try this, make sure you link back to XPluginManager.exe

Dosan
x3

Post by Dosan » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 10:25

svenje wrote:I downloaded the bonus pack.exe
started wine then install windows program.

The bonus pack.exe is a windows program so I choose that to install.

the destination was the folder where u put the "fake" X3ap.exe in.

if you bought it from app store it should be in

Contents >> Resources >> Data
Thanks, I'll try that this evening and report back. I'm running from the Direct2Mac version as the disc version doesn't yet have a standalone 3.2 update from VP but I have the dummy .exe in the right place I believe.

@icEPiraka: the Wineserver PID error occured minutes before I posted. It was the first time I had ever installed it, the plugin manager or anything to do with modifying any game and it happened during the first run through of the instructions in the OP at the point of opening the command line tool.

Edit: I'm not too fussed with modifying the game past getting the bonus pack for CAG etc. so as long as I can get that running, I can live without having to access Cycrows whatsit.

Ta
D

Dosan
x3

Post by Dosan » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 22:33

Thanks a lot svenje, that worked a treat... all up and running now.

D

svenje
x2

Post by svenje » Fri, 24. Feb 12, 06:07

np. glad it worked. now let those CAG's and CLS work :)
got almost 200 CAG's now :)

bvschipper
x3tc

Post by bvschipper » Fri, 24. Feb 12, 21:36

Just a quick "thank you" to the author. I can finally delete my Windows partition, which was being maintained exclusively to play X3-TC.

CTHun

Help!

Post by CTHun » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 08:08

HELP PLEASE... !

I always got an error: That directory is locked....

screenshot: http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2812/y39nbpde_png.htm

by the way I bought the game from AppStore.

Can someone tell me, where/how to unlock it? :S

Also I'm very happy that some people help the mac users :)

svenje
x2

Post by svenje » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 08:22

What I did is was right click on the X3:AP icon then show info.

at the bottom you will see what users has the rights to change the program.

I gave all users in that list " Read and write " rights.
That did the trick.

Hope it works for you also

CTHun

Post by CTHun » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 08:30

I also did it. Still no effect :(

svenje
x2

Post by svenje » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 09:45

have u tried to change it and then reboot?

CTHun

Post by CTHun » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 11:10

yes. I also deleted and reinstalled and did everything from the beginning. :evil:

svenje
x2

Post by svenje » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 12:44

if you rightclick on the folder Contents >> Resources >> data is that data folder also all read and write ?

If you know what I mean.

I saw that only giving the X3:AP aplication the full rights it didn't change for all the folders.

CTHun

Post by CTHun » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 13:17

YES! It worked! Thanks a lot for your help! :)

svenje
x2

Post by svenje » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 15:02

glad to hear :)

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 10:40

Aright guys. I apologize for my great hiatus, I've been rather busy as of late. But now, because of updates to wine, I believe all problems with the Plugin Manager's windows have been solved. Expect imminent release.

Also, I realize my instructions for installing the Bonus Pack are incredibly complex, and therefore incredibly stupid. All you need to do is perform a right click on the Bonus Pack .exe, select Open With, and use the Plugin Manager to open the installer.

Edit: Update Complete.

v. 1.2 (4/23/2012)
Updated Wrapper and Wine versions. All glitches with regards to .NET and windows should be eliminated.
Mod Merger app now available.

glennbroce
x3tc

Post by glennbroce » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 13:12

Ice and all, thanks for all work.

Is there now an updated instruction set to install the bonus pack?

I want to install the bonus pack, but with the earlier versions and revisions of the various programs involved, I'm confused and hesitant to start. I'm fairly new to the Mac. Thanks!

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 19:50

glennbroce wrote:Ice and all, thanks for all work.

Is there now an updated instruction set to install the bonus pack?

I want to install the bonus pack, but with the earlier versions and revisions of the various programs involved, I'm confused and hesitant to start. I'm fairly new to the Mac. Thanks!
No worries. All relevant info is on the front page, which should be all up to date. In short, just right click (or control click) the .exe and select "Open With" > "Other" from the dropdown and manually select the Plugin Manager. You may have to mess around with file permissions first (see front page).

Basically, all the revisions I have done have nothing to do with being physically able to open .exe files: they only pertain to being able to run the Plugin Manager itself. If all people were doing was just running the .exes, then they could have done that from the start without great difficulty.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Apr 12, 15:39

just a quick update.
recently i've been doing programming on macs, so eventually i will be able to create a native mac client for the plugin manager

it'll be awhile before i will be able to get this done however

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Fri, 4. May 12, 20:40

Looking forward to it.

In the meantime though, another little update.

v. 1.21 (5/4/2012)
Added Advanced Plugin Manager app.

This update may come in handy if you find yourself wanting to manage a lot of false patches. I feel I may be using it a lot.

ddr666
x3ap

It works

Post by ddr666 » Sun, 6. May 12, 22:20

Followed your instructions, had some trouble, until I realized I was trying to install on my backup drive, didn't notice the "C" drive instead of the "Z" have used only macs since 1988. Great work, instructions are very clear, my reading is not so much so. System Mac OS 10.6.8 french, with the deliver2mac app. Question dose the plugin manager work for all kinds of X-verse addons. I mostly a newbe, but I've seen some of the interesting stuff on the form, looking forward to long nights of gameplay. Thank you for all your hard work.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 06:00

Can anyone confirm whether or not this shows your game as "modified?"

I mean, theoretically it shouldn't. But being on a mac, does it?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”