[Mod-AP][In-Dev] X-Timelines: The Syndicate

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 06:03

I hope you guys will be able to finish this mod eventually. Also looking forward to seeing your LU scripts in action!

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 06:29

That is the plan. I've just about finished work on some GUI's for LU and getting on to updating my original X3 UI's for a less cluttered look.

Hopefully we'll get to XTL again in the near future.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 09:50

I know asking on how XTL is doing right now will get me an on hold answer, so i will ask another question ;)

How is the DLL overlay for LU going? any fancy new screenshots? :)
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 04:05

jack775544 wrote:How is the DLL overlay for LU going? any fancy new screenshots? :)
Sure!
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 04:51

Jack08 wrote:
jack775544 wrote:How is the DLL overlay for LU going? any fancy new screenshots? :)
Sure!
Ooh shiny
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 9. Aug 14, 22:05

jack775544 wrote:
Jack08 wrote:
Sure!
Ooh shiny
Help, Help! Dont let the Xenon eat me!

Incase anyone is wondering whats taking so long, the "Emergent Mission System" for LU is turning out to be larger then i first thought - its up to over a thousand lines of LUA code, a few thousand lines of C++ Code and its up to 106 scripts and counting...

The end result will be a unique mission system thats not only highly maintainable but documented to the point where 3rd party scripts, if they desire, can write there own missions. The system powering it is extreamly powerful, providing a scripter with every basic tool (s)he could need, from signal dispatch to unit management.

There have also been unique additions to LU's core just for EMS - thoes will be detailed when it gets released.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

sms_747

Post by sms_747 » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 04:33

Hello boys *multipoke*. I just noticed my signature, it made me lol
'In space, the real enemy is space itself, and the fear it instils in your counterparts'
[ external image ]

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 06:57

sms_747 wrote:Hello boys *multipoke*. I just noticed my signature, it made me lol
Does it make you feel old, reminiscing about the good (or maybe not so good) old days? :)

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 03:11

looking forward to this someday and all parts of this exported to LU soon hopefully.

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 22:58

Hey guys. I wanted to ask you how it is going with your mod? Like some or lot other guys said (i also looking forward to see this mod coming out :wink: ). The whole feature list looks too delicious ;).

StopBanningMe7_III
x4

Post by StopBanningMe7_III » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 03:18

medwed wrote:Hey guys. I wanted to ask you how it is going with your mod? Like some or lot other guys said (i also looking forward to see this mod coming out :wink: ). The whole feature list looks too delicious ;).
Probably doesn't get much deader than no posts in 18 months. :(

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 04:44

Most of the features were actually rolled into Litcube's Universe. I doubt we'll get back to finishing this unfortunately.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 11. Mar 16, 17:39

Actually, the core reason why I was so interested in X-timelines so long ago was the premise that ships would be constructed from materials mined or produced in game, rather than spawned from nothing. That particular aspect, which would have resulted in a complete overhaul of the economy, did not seem to make it into LU.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 11. Mar 16, 19:57

The economic foundation in X3 relies on stations (Solar Plants, Mines) and end products aren't needed for ship construction. The engine spawns ships to keep the ratio intact.
A real dynamic sandbox space game would require an economy rooting from ships that actually have to go out in the gameworld to mine resources. Also a supply system for shipyards is needed for fluctuations in the total ship count. This should impact diplomatic relations between npc factions like starting wars when they have X percent more warships than the opponent.

Unfortunately it is so much easier to just fake an economy than to get the ai to a point where it can effectively evaluate and occupy strategic locations in the universe like high yield asteroid fields.

X Rebirth is actually more advanced than AP in this regard. The economic seed lies partly in the mining vessels and shipyards require components for construction. But it's broken nevertheless because the NPC's can't support a steady stream of supplies and the ai isn't able to adapt like defending their mining fleets. A timer based ship building system with penalties for missing wares like it was announced for X-Timelines would have been much more appropriate there.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 11. Mar 16, 20:42

I'm sure an approximation can be done with X3:AP. You could regularly calculate the total economy output of all races (sum up all products the stations of a race produces per hour and translate this into credits for a fair comparison between the races). Then you spawn additional patrol and invade fleets based on their economic power, in addition to their normal ships spawned by Jobs.txt.

alexalsp
x4

Re: [Mod-AP][In-Dev] X-Timelines: The Syndicate

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 31. May 22, 20:10

The idea is interesting, but unfortunately, apparently, the development is over :cry:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”