Universal Explorers Continued 2.5.Beta1-XRM (18APR2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Tue, 22. May 12, 02:42

Sorry for the late update, system is running stable and fine. Working on getting the UE to work hand in hand with Salvage Suite. So far so good on basic explorer functions without salvaging.
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

Turnus
x4

Post by Turnus » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 08:40

I like this explorer but they seem to go WAAAY off the map in small sectors, wasting valuable time... Is there a way to fix that, I am more focused on mapping the universe not single sectors.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 17:30

Turnus wrote:I like this explorer but they seem to go WAAAY off the map in small sectors, wasting valuable time... Is there a way to fix that, I am more focused on mapping the universe not single sectors.
Unfortunately, with the way the sector explore is integrated it is really difficult to have an option to turn that off without a total re-write of the entire code. The original author once tried to tackle a more optimized script for the sector explorer but quickly stated it wasn't possible due to the ever changing sizes of the sectors so made an 'average' explore size for the explorer.

I'm already having a head banging time trying to do simple things... and on the edge of giving up with the impending release of Rebirth coming up. I try to add a simple thing and break the whole of the script or the game...

I will look into trying to find a way to bypass the sector explorer with the explorer 'marking' each sector it passes through instead of exploring but no promises.
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

veryinky

Post by veryinky » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 17:56

I like this script, mostly for the satelite deployment and asteroid scanning. I have noticed that sometimes explorers get "stuck" switching between deploy satelite and move to sector repeatedly. The other problem I've had is when they eject to capture a ship and the ship is destroyed/taken by someone else before they finish capturing. Saw one explorer just give up in his spacesuit and fly to the nearest station after I captured a ship he was apparently wanting to capture. His Explorer Saber was blue, non capturable, and later destroyed and only then did he fly out of the station to complain about being marooned. I've had this happen 3 times now so had to turn off ship capturing for them, can't trust them to figure out how to get back into their own ships.

I would like it if explorers could use larger ships, at least M6s if only for survivability. The springblossom/winterblossom was the main exploration ship for Terrans afterall. That and TP's, TM's and TS. Exploring the galaxy in style in a Mani or Phantom, Mistral, with adequate defenses in a TM. Don't care about speed, I just hate replacing the things.

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 22:25

I could not find this mod posted anywhere in the pasted Community Scripts, Mission Director, and Mods Library, it should be pasted there.

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 18:22

damn the script looks terribly good for my needs
salvaging ships + establishing sat network + scanning everything

since i started playing x, i always used a bailing script and the salvage claim software. It would be sad if that wouldn't work in combination with this script :(

suggestions:
- exp gain by surviving the destruction of own exploration ship after being attacked, ejecting, been found and reinstated of a new ship
- collecting crates(not sure if it can do that but if then with ability to exclude option for those engine/turning tuning crates and a message where to find those) perhaps even to put 1 of those every 48 game hours into the Vers
- the last 4 level requirements perhaps they could be interchangeable from point of their appearance?
- being able to use existing marines which have enough of all the fighting and with their experience may therefor start in a higher level then from scratch (sth. between lvl 5 and 10 perhaps also dependent on their skill set).
- to be able to scan asteroids they would need to buy mineral scanner

Last not least, is this only usable by XRM mod users as the name implies?

It was mentioned the explorers would use the blacklisting of Cycrows Sat Early Warning System, can you confirm that?
If not that, is it possible to Use the UTs Blacklisting for the UEs?

EDIT:
do they use jumpdrive? emergency jump when attacked after dropping a beacon?
can those beacons dropped by playership been removed later on? it was mentioned they would be permanent compared to those dropped by the explorers themselves.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 7. Oct 12, 22:59

You know what would be great? If you added the Mk3 Blacklist to the Universal Explorer blacklist in addition to the danger beacons. I've lost so many explorers to pirate and xenon sectors :x and they're virtually impossible to train back up to 20 after they've opened most sectors :shock:

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Wed, 10. Oct 12, 02:44

I'm using X3: AP + XRM. There's a problem with this mod. I cannot move my Explorers from Goner Ranger to Goner Truelight Seeker.

I think that's because the Truelight Seeker has a "built-in" Equipment, Military Scanner + Explorer Software.

I have no option to "Start Universe Explorer....." in the Truelight Seeker, with every piece of Software installed!

Edit: The Goner Truelight Seeker is a M6 Corvette entirely for Exploration purposes. Any way to make the Universe Explorers work in M6's, or in this case just Goner Truelight Seeker? I think this script doesn't work with M6 ships.
Last edited by dispostableatheist on Wed, 10. Oct 12, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 10. Oct 12, 09:35

dispostableatheist wrote:I think that's because the Truelight Seeker has a "built-in" Equipment, Military Scanner + Explorer Software.
Probably the script has a "get true amount of ware..." check. It is a common error, even in vanilla scripts.

The check should be "get amount of ware...". The "true" means "only look in the cargo bay; do NOT include installed equipment".

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Wed, 10. Oct 12, 11:39

Maybe, but I don't think so. The Goner Ranger has "built-in" components excatly like the Goner Truelight Seeker (Military Scanner + Explorer Software)

However, the Goner Ranger is M5 (M4?), while the Truelight Seeker is a corvette M6. I think this script can't run on Corvettes. I can do Universe Explorer with the Goner Ranger just fine.

Which is sad, because the Goner Truelight Seeker is excatly what Universe Explorer is all about, it's a fast corvette with huge shield with almost no weapons made solely for the exploration purpose.

Perhaps somebody can modify this script to include just the Goner Truelight Seeker?
Last edited by dispostableatheist on Wed, 10. Oct 12, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 10. Oct 12, 11:42

Yeah, that is sort of what I said... you just didn't understand the programmer-speak, disposableatheist.

My note was more for FalconGrey. He will know what to do with it.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 21:28

FalconGrey wrote:The original author once tried to tackle a more optimized script for the sector explorer but quickly stated it wasn't possible due to the ever changing sizes of the sectors so made an 'average' explore size for the explorer.
I thought the explorer script (or something similar) used the 'Gate Distance' for that?

I've also considered that re-sizing all the sectors to be the same size and putting the gates back in regular positions would be a nice mod ... but far beyond my ability and time. ^ ^;

And, just to confirm, the "Universal Explorers 2.5.b1 XRM" should work OK for people who _don't_ have XRM, right? It looks like the links are dead for the earlier version by 7ate9tin11s.

Keridos
x4

Post by Keridos » Thu, 3. Oct 13, 17:45

Is this still active?

GunthorNC
x3tc

Re: Universal Explorers Continued 2.5.Beta1-XRM (18APR2012)

Post by GunthorNC » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 05:34

Resurrecting this from the grave with a fix.

The TrueLight Seeker still cannot be used as a Universal Explorer.

The way I found to make it work was by renaming myself "Thereshallbewings" to allow access to the script editor. have my Truelight Seeker's floating in space, and in the script editor scroll down to "Plugin.ux.main" hover over it. Press "r" to run the script, and then select my Truelight Seeker ship. You still miss the command from the ship command menu, but they fly around, do their job, and if you ever have to restart them you just repeat the step's I have outlined.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”