[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

BlackArchon
xr

Re: [MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 22:17

If you come from Albion Prelude (just like me when I started with XRM), I suggest you try the medium hull pack. This felt the best for me.
XRM's standard hulls are very reminiscent of Terran Conflict's paper thin hulls.

identical123

Post by identical123 » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 18:19

I have three questions about this mod:

1. Does this work with the latest AP version? It says 3.1 and I am assuming the latest version is 3.3/3.4? I don't need to go back on the AP version or anything, correct?
2. Is there a way to change the fact that only XL class ships can use jumpdrive. I understand the reasoning behind putting this handicap into place but this is just a dealbreaker to me.
3. I read somewhere that this mod doesn't consume ammo for any weapon with ammo? If yes, is there a way to change this as well? I would rather have ammo to be finite

Looking forward to playing it :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 19:42

1. It works without issues, with the exception of a version warning at the game start. It is harmless, just ignore it or fix it yourself in the file "addon\t\8379-L044.xml".
2. Of course you can change that, simply alter the ware class of the jump drive with X3 Editor 2, for example.
3. Correct, all weapons don't consume any ammo. This is offset by the fact that these weapons have a higher energy consumption. If you want to change that, feel free to edit the file "types\TBullet.txt".

identical123

Post by identical123 » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 20:27

BlackArchon wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 19:42
1. It works without issues, with the exception of a version warning at the game start. It is harmless, just ignore it or fix it yourself in the file "addon\t\8379-L044.xml".
2. Of course you can change that, simply alter the ware class of the jump drive with X3 Editor 2, for example.
3. Correct, all weapons don't consume any ammo. This is offset by the fact that these weapons have a higher energy consumption. If you want to change that, feel free to edit the file "types\TBullet.txt".
3. Can you expand a little more on this? I am assuming the energy cell consumption is much higher when you shoot? If I change weapons to consume ammo, I am assuming each ammo cost is so high [because you only need to buy it once in vanilla XRM] that it disturbs the balance?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 21:08

The weapon energy consumption of formerly ammo-based weapons is incresed, there isn't any energy cell consumption.
I honestly haven't checked the ingame selling prices for the various ammunition types, so I can't answer your question about their cost.

ArboriusCZ
x3tc

Post by ArboriusCZ » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 10:29

Hello guys :)

I have problem with Pirate reputation in X3TC+XRM. I'm using Hull Multiplication Pack, Cockpit Pack, Backgrounds Pack, MARS Data File, Military Base Response Revamp, Trickmov's STO 1.57 - overtake sectors, Tatakau's Marine Repairs 2, Familiar's Pure X HUD, No notoriety loss from hitting jumpgates, Numeric Race Rank Titles, Notoriety list with point values, X3-ressurection mod and ranks for Pirates and Yaki.

So .. i did plenty of build missions for pirates but my rank is still -5 and 0% ... do you have idea why? No problem with Yaki

Thank you for answers :)

Edit: Xenon Rogue start

"Hope Dies Last, But It Dies..."

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 18:50

I assume a mod or script conflict. If you really never harm pirate ships or stations, your reputation with them should get better when running their missions.

Have you also checked if they are really hostile to you? Do they attack your ship as soon as you jump in one of their sectors?

ArboriusCZ
x3tc

Post by ArboriusCZ » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 19:03

Thank you for reply :)

They all are hostiles, only few stations (hacked) are friendly and have missions. I tried fresh game and mods install and fresh Xenon Rogue start now and it's same ... -1 -1000000 reputation. I tried advanced start and everything is ok here. Maybe this is some Xenon Rogue start feature?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 19:38

I don't recall to have this problem in my two Xenon Rogue starts I did in the last years. You could try to use XRM without any additional mods and scripts - just to verify it isn't a XRM problem (which I doubt).

ArboriusCZ
x3tc

Post by ArboriusCZ » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 19:55

Edit: I tried fresh install with xrm only and Xenon Rogue+OTAS Operative not working, both -1 -1000000 rep with pirates. I'll try to download and install xrm mod again :)

I started Terran tourist (pretty hard start) game. Every start with pirate rep better than "hated" is ok, the rest is broken for me. I don't know why and i don't care anymore :)

Thank you for your help :P

Rothank
xr

Post by Rothank » Sat, 30. Nov 19, 02:04

Came back to X3 after about 7 years. So cool to see that there are still people who enjoy this awesome mod! And even continue to work on it!

Archi1992

Post by Archi1992 » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 20:58

Hi everyone (if someone is still here :) )

I'm reeeeeaaly tired capturing those M6 ships by SOS because the shield go up to fast, and my firesystem is toooo slow to react. And I'm gone mad with that, almost broke my keyboard, so I tryed to find the shield threshold level to change from 5% to about 10%. But I can't find the exact string to change. I've already activated scripts editor, found plugin.xrm.claim (and some similar of them) tryed to change almost all numbers of 5 but it do not work.

So please, be so kind, save my nerves, and tell my exactly what string/number/e.t.c should I change to get from 5% to 10% shield level to use the SOS NORMALLY.
I'll be happy If you show me screens ,cause I'm not so good at progamming.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 23:42

I haven't digged into the SOS shield threshold yet, but you could use Ion Disruptors in one of your turrets to constantly keep enemy shields down while doing hardly any hull damage.

Vheissu

Post by Vheissu » Sat, 25. Apr 20, 16:48

Are the abandoned ships from X3 TC still in XRM?

Just wondering because I'm planning a new game, and I noticed none of the old unclaimed ships are turning up in Scorp's map. Not sure if it's a problem with the map tool or they are removed in XRM.

Edit: Did some flying around. For anybody else with the same question, it appears that all but a few of the abandoned ships are no longer there.

Looks like I'll be passing on XRM for the time being, I enjoy playing as a salvager so there isn't much for me here.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 15:28

Vheissu wrote:
Sat, 25. Apr 20, 16:48
Are the abandoned ships from X3 TC still in XRM?
Just wondering because I'm planning a new game, and I noticed none of the old unclaimed ships are turning up in Scorp's map. Not sure if it's a problem with the map tool or they are removed in XRM.
Edit: Did some flying around. For anybody else with the same question, it appears that all but a few of the abandoned ships are no longer there.
Looks like I'll be passing on XRM for the time being, I enjoy playing as a salvager so there isn't much for me here.
I think they were removed for a reason because the mod author wanted players to find new ways of making money since everyone knew where fly to grab that experimental ship worth millions (I was doing that every time I launched a new game). Don't discourage yourself though, while playing XRM you will encounter many wrecks and wares to pick up. Also there are certain script that allow you to enhance your salvager experience.

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=219440 Bailing Extension

viewtopic.php?t=221059 Salvage Commands & NPCs

viewtopic.php?t=324170 Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”