[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Barklight
x4

Post by Barklight » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 06:05

Aye, I wasn't under the assumption that it was. I'm looking over the files now with the editing tools. Haven't really been into modding this game since the last time I was into X3TC around version 2.5, when it was simply adding it through the plugin manager. I guess it's also different since I didn't use a conversion mod like XRM at the time though. I just like this one a lot so I'd like to see what I can do to get my ships working :3
Insert something witty here, some day...

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 06:09

Barklight wrote:Aye, I wasn't under the assumption that it was. I'm looking over the files now with the editing tools. Haven't really been into modding this game since the last time I was into X3TC around version 2.5, when it was simply adding it through the plugin manager. I guess it's also different since I didn't use a conversion mod like XRM at the time though. I just like this one a lot so I'd like to see what I can do to get my ships working :3
It would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that the XRM has a tships file. So the tships from the xsp will conflict. So if you can figure out how to merge both then youll be golden. Good luck! And let me know how you did it. I wouldnt mind having a couple EVE ships in my game too.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 06:29

ill do better than that

i stopped your script :cry: and it still was blooming freezing so i gave up (wasnt this after all, accept humble apology)

did a fresh install and used the XRM Mod + ur script and the pirates/yaki guilds and MBRevamp

weird thing is when i started thre script i got the log message about the corp starting out as usual, saved reloaded and started each script 1 at a time saving and reloading after each....

then after an hours play i noticed the message about phanon starting out wasnt in my log anymore.....but before i was getting a log full of reports let alone the 1st 1

al says its on, confused :?

yeah im bloomong useless

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 06:31

Take it easy with installing mods. Do one at a time, and play for a week with each so you know what to expect.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 06:35

yeah sounds good advice, mind u i spent 3 days reading up and trying to see what works n dont work so figured my latest pack was a sure thing.

any way i can check if phanons running, the message vanishing has blew my head off :o

EDIT turned it off and on, got the message about tanditech but it doesnt appear in log after i read it, dunno why, sure it used to

EDIT2

tanditech is alive and well, dunno why the initial message isnt in the log but after a night of seta (+no lockups) i had a log full of tandi updates.

thanks man cant wait to spot em floating round the uni :D

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 07:16

could i ask another question, when installing the Military Base revamp into XRM do i still need to follow the instructions below off the MBR page?

i only ask cuz i did but i notice the galactic news thing doesnt seem to do anything so now im wondering :?

Required: Community Plugin Config Menu by Cycrow

Required: Galactic News System by XTC team (SPK package)

Required: Extended Communication System by Serial Kicked.

Required: JSON parser library v1.2 (thread)

Download: Military Base Response revamp spk (or zip)

Mannschaft
x3ap

Post by Mannschaft » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 07:23

joelR wrote:
Mannschaft wrote:Love your mod but can you guys please give the option to completely remove engine trails? I think that puffy smoke flying out the back of my ship (even if its electric blue) looks horrid and detracts from the immersiveness. The captial ships have it right. No long smoke trails. Just a jet blast coming out similar to the flame of a blow torch. XTC gave this as an option. Can you guys please do it too?
Didnt I already explain how to do this yourself in another thread?
You told me what to do but not how to do it. At any rate im starting a bachelors degree soon and dont have time to learn how to edit yet another game I get addicted to. Its a pain just getting mods working. Didnt see any harm in suggesting to them a way to make their great mod better.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:05

Mannschaft wrote:
joelR wrote:
Mannschaft wrote:Love your mod but can you guys please give the option to completely remove engine trails? I think that puffy smoke flying out the back of my ship (even if its electric blue) looks horrid and detracts from the immersiveness. The captial ships have it right. No long smoke trails. Just a jet blast coming out similar to the flame of a blow torch. XTC gave this as an option. Can you guys please do it too?
You told me what to do but not how to do it. At any rate im starting a bachelors degree soon and dont have time to learn how to edit yet another game I get addicted to. Its a pain just getting mods working. Didnt see any harm in suggesting to them a way to make their great mod better.
I told you precisely how to do it. I think paul has better things to do than make 50 different versions of XRM to make everyone happy. It is what it is. If something bothers you, you can always tweak it yourself. Thats what modding is. The tools are out there.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:33

ok, going back to the shield by passing thing. I just lost another Mistral in Great Reef. This time there is no Caravel around, rather just a small group of 2 Scorpions and 2 Jaguars ... I watched the hull go from 80% (by the time I can monitor it) to 40 -> 20 -> 1 -> *puff*, during the entire time the shield doesn't drop a single unit.

And guess what? I brought up their ship description and I realize ... none of them can mount MD. The Jaguar can only mount IRE, the Scorpion can mount IRE/PBE and ... another weapon I don't remember, but it's also a low tier ... so just what is killing my traders!?!?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:38

Mightysword wrote:ok, going back to the shield by passing thing. I just lost another Mistral in Great Reef. This time there is no Caravel around, rather just a small group of 2 Scorpions and 2 Jaguars ... I watched the hull go from 80% (by the time I can monitor it) to 40 -> 20 -> 1 -> *puff*, during the entire time the shield doesn't drop a single unit.

And guess what? I brought up their ship description and I realize ... none of them can mount MD. The Jaguar can only mount IRE, the Scorpion can mount IRE/PBE and ... another weapon I don't remember, but it's also a low tier ... so just what is killing my traders!?!?
Are you using a Hull pack? They go a long way towards helping the OOS combat issues.
Last edited by joelR on Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.

Mannschaft
x3ap

Post by Mannschaft » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:40

joelR wrote:
Mannschaft wrote:
joelR wrote:
I told you precisely how to do it. I think paul has better things to do than make 50 different versions of XRM to make everyone happy. It is what it is. If something bothers you, you can always tweak it yourself. Thats what modding is. The tools are out there.

So I am gathering that 1- You speak for this Paul guy 100% of the time and he obviously doesnt want to spend any more time on this project and 2- That is a lot more difficult than you let on otherwise it would have been implemented into the mod already.

You were helpful and constructive up to this point sir. Thanks anyway

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:54

Mannschaft wrote:
joelR wrote:
Mannschaft wrote:
joelR wrote:

So I am gathering that 1- You speak for this Paul guy 100% of the time and he obviously doesnt want to spend any more time on this project and 2- That is a lot more difficult than you let on otherwise it would have been implemented into the mod already.

No, I dont speak for paul. But I am pretty sure he would agree with me. And it is not difficult to delete 1 file. I already explained it to you in a separate thread how to do this. In the time it took you to reply to me you could be free of those pesky engine trails.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:56

joelR wrote:
Mightysword wrote:ok, going back to the shield by passing thing. I just lost another Mistral in Great Reef. This time there is no Caravel around, rather just a small group of 2 Scorpions and 2 Jaguars ... I watched the hull go from 80% (by the time I can monitor it) to 40 -> 20 -> 1 -> *puff*, during the entire time the shield doesn't drop a single unit.

Are you using a Hull pack? They go a long way towards helping the OOS combat issues.

Yes, I'm running the highest hull pack. That's not the issue though, something is by passing my trader shield and it's not MD. My trader would get away easily if that wasn't the case.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:59

Mightysword wrote:
joelR wrote:

Yes, I'm running the highest hull pack. That's not the issue though, something is by passing my trader shield and it's not MD. My trader would get away easily if that wasn't the case.
There are 2 or 3 weapons that bypass the shields. I couldnt tell you what they were though.

Im surprised you are having this issue. Is it 100% of the time?

I dont see this in my game. I dont doubt you, its just odd that all OOS damage is hull only.

Barklight
x4

Post by Barklight » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:12

joelR wrote:It would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that the XRM has a tships file. So the tships from the xsp will conflict. So if you can figure out how to merge both then youll be golden. Good luck! And let me know how you did it. I wouldnt mind having a couple EVE ships in my game too.
2 hours of finagling and I got it :) Tested it, modded in one ship first to see if it'd work and then..... Watched 2 paranid M2's go toe to toe with an M2 Amarr Abaddon Battleship :P The Amarr lost =(

Subsequent additions will probably only take about 10-15 mins each for each ship I want to add, less as I get more comfortable with it. I'll do a quick write up on how I did it tomorrow, but I used nothing but references and tools already available in the modding tutorials library. Used the "Guide for porting XSP ships into X3TC by CaptainX" pdf as well. Just used the files from XRM's CAT/DAT instead of the stock ones for TShips, Components, etc.

Had a pain of a time with the applications too, some wouldn't work at all and some wouldn't work correctly, but I did it.

Side note - X3 Editor 2 v2.017 --- Works fine compared to old X3E v0.0.24, no crashes, easier interface and faster... but... I can't copy TShips entries between 2 different TShips files (Paste option not available). Anyone know a fix? I can do it in the old application, which loves to crash about every 3 minutes. This isn't the right thread to ask, probably, but the main one seems more or less inactive and the same question's unanswered there.
Insert something witty here, some day...

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:35

joelR wrote:
Mightysword wrote:
joelR wrote:

There are 2 or 3 weapons that bypass the shields. I couldnt tell you what they were though.

Im surprised you are having this issue. Is it 100% of the time?

I dont see this in my game. I dont doubt you, its just odd that all OOS damage is hull only.
The only weapon that bypasses shields is the Mass Driver.

Do you have any OOS rebalance scripts installed? Its possible that there is an issue with that.

Alternatively you can try reverting back to the vanilla OOS code. Extract globals.txt from XRM part 2, open it in notepad and change this line:

SG_OOS_FIGHT_MODE;1;

Change the 1 to a 0. Save it, then drop it into your "types" folder in your X3TC install.

cptANGRIST
x3ap

Post by cptANGRIST » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:37

Sorkvild wrote:
paulwheeler wrote: I would like to reiterate that SS_FAC_T_DRONE is a fighter drone fab - not a freight drone fab. There are no freight drone fabs in either the XRM or vanilla.
Drone Facts produce freight drones only. I have them in my universe too right next to Drone Production Facilities producing fighter & freight drones.

Drone Facts are sold by the Argons, Split and Teladi. Interesting thing is despite race origin all Drone Facts require Massom Powder in their primary resources! Same applies to Drone Production Facilities :/

i only have freight drones build at Teladi drone factories ?
there are different entries in our Tfactories files i think
(have you installed any mod that changes tfactories ? my factories file is from XRM part two.)

down is my screenshot of factories, that can produce drones
[ external image ]
i have seen that FreeLancer game.. (yes that was a game..)

But This is Spartaaaaa.... :)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:48

Mannschaft wrote:
joelR wrote:
Mannschaft wrote:
joelR wrote:

Joel is quite right - I don't have the time to make 50 different versions of the XRM to satisfy everyone - I don't think 50 would be enough!

One of the main reasons for moving from the SRM to the XRM was that it was becoming unmanageable have so many addon packs trying to keep everyone happy.

The SRM was originally run by SomeoneElse. He left the community and I was left with the choice - live with the SRM how it was, or learn to mod. I chose the latter.

The XRM is what it is - if you want to change something then you'll have to learn to mod like the rest of us did.

Having said all that - getting rid of the trails is quite straight forward - but time consuming.

- Extract TShips from XRM Part 2 (or if you use a hull pack, extract it from the hull pack)

- Open it in the X3Editor2

- For each ship go to the "model" tab and change the particle emitter entry to "0".

- save and drop the TShips file into your "types" folder in your TC install.

The only issue with this method is you have to do it again every time I change TShips.

Otherwise you can edit the XRM particles3.txt and copy and paste the vanilla black smoke trail from a vanilla particles3 over all the ship engine trail entries in the XRM particles3 - just don't forget to set the correct ID each time.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:53

cptANGRIST wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:
paulwheeler wrote: I would like to reiterate that SS_FAC_T_DRONE is a fighter drone fab - not a freight drone fab. There are no freight drone fabs in either the XRM or vanilla.
Drone Facts produce freight drones only. I have them in my universe too right next to Drone Production Facilities producing fighter & freight drones.

Drone Facts are sold by the Argons, Split and Teladi. Interesting thing is despite race origin all Drone Facts require Massom Powder in their primary resources! Same applies to Drone Production Facilities :/

i only have freight drones build at Teladi drone factories ?
there are different entries in our Tfactories files i think
(have you installed any mod that changes tfactories ? my factories file is from XRM part two.)

down is my screenshot of factories, that can produce drones
[ external image ]
You're quite right - I stand corrected.

Telaid (and Boron) Drone Fabs produce freight drones. The Argon one sells fighter drones.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:54

alphalvr wrote:could i ask another question, when installing the Military Base revamp into XRM do i still need to follow the instructions below off the MBR page?

i only ask cuz i did but i notice the galactic news thing doesnt seem to do anything so now im wondering :?

Required: Community Plugin Config Menu by Cycrow

Required: Galactic News System by XTC team (SPK package)

Required: Extended Communication System by Serial Kicked.

Required: JSON parser library v1.2 (thread)

Download: Military Base Response revamp spk (or zip)
You need all those things. You need to setup a hotkey for the Galactic News System. Its in the GNS where you'll find reports of invasions etc.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”