[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alphalvr
x3ap

Re: [MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

Post by alphalvr » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 09:12

Yes I guess that is my problem, I am not friendly to boron or paranid, I will learn to work around it.

By the way I am using the LxXRM so it might not help matters.

Any idea why I have similar issues with ships named such as 'boron rescue ship,' that is the most annoying, silly m4 or m5 taking pot shots at my Zepherus with 4 blastclaws on board, and then having military response just defending themselves.

Not moaning, just wondering how other people deal with it.

Befriending the races seem the only option atm.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 10:06

These ships are like kids ; see if you have trouble with the older people of some "clan" ,
their kids will try to offend you when they see you even they migh loose a physican skirmish,
they and you know , the older brothers will come and revenge them. :D

bubbabenali
x4

Post by bubbabenali » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 12:21

alphalvr wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 09:12
Not moaning, just wondering how other people deal with it.

Befriending the races seem the only option atm.
I cheated myself into the hearts of the Argon and Terran factions... seems to work at the moment, but oh boy do I need to apologize to a bunch of freighters I've never seen in the game before...

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 21:01

Ok so I was actually starting to get frustrated with these Privateers and also other random ships from the Boron with names like 'Rescue' making it almost impossible for me to leave my carriers (er TM,s) to do their own devices without turning the entire Police and Military in the system against me, even border sectors are out of bounds. One small ship can cause trouble which escalates rapidly with even extra ships jumping in to help.(or at least that's how it looked)

The good news though (short of just befriending the Boron) is I noticed if i leave those ships in Split sectors the problem goes away. The Split don't seem to care if I retaliate so just as long as I make sure my TM's are in Split sectors the game has gone back to being fun.....and it also seems to make sense and I in fact like the feature. I'm sure I knew all this back when I used to play but had forgotten who likes who etc.

I have always liked to have at least 1 or even 2 factions against me which stems from the base game just being so easy with little threat.

Now I can create a few more TM,s and leave them to launch attacks against pirates without me needing to micro manage everything, I am really loving these mods and now I can start thinking about doing the campaigns finally which I had never bothered with in the past. I have been putting them off because I seem to remember they are harder if your fight rank is high, or maybe it was depending which ship you are in when you start the mission. Regardless I am hoping to get into some epic fights.

Big thanks to Egosoft and the modders who have made this game still enjoyable after all these years. It is really quite something to still be enjoying this title when I also have Elite, Star citizen and Eve online installed. (not forgetting X4 of course :D )

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 08:46

I also like coming back to XRM about once a year, trying out ships I haven't used before, or creating war scenarios using the "Hot war" feature from the script Improved Races. It doesn't get boring this way. :)

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 11:49

Another good script is MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V4.12-09.11.2018.spk https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ItKOi ... bLTYx4ZFVy together with LxXRM.
It has a lot of new settings via Pluginmanager-Menu , like Race-Fleets try to invade Pirate-Sektors.
I am actuelly playing LxXRM which includes all of Lucike, STO , Yaki-Armada,Pirate Guild, Tortug and Visual Enhencements,,,alongside with MBRR and Life.
For me this is my X4 . :D

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 12:33

How to return the sidebar? :(

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 18:28

Open the controls options menu, then look at Interface, Views. There you can find the hotkey you are looking for.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 18:48

I apologize. I meant how to make the panel icons always displayed.

At the moment there is a panel but the panel icons are not visible.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 20:44

BlackArchon wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 19:14
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, could you please post a screenshot?
https://imgur.com/a/KzyvpRh

Bonus Pack need for mod?

I reinstalled by mod. The panel is now displayed constantly.

https://imgur.com/s1i4jGH

1) Can you tell which files are responsible for displaying the panel?
2) 00044.pck - Is it necessary to delete this file or can I leave it?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 21:49

I can imagine that you had some kind of mod conflict. What other mods or scripts had do you installed besides XRM?

And no, the Bonus Pack is not mandatory, but it is compatible with XRM.
If you do not delete the file 00044.pck, the ship computer will be unable to pronounce any new game objects like ship names.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 23:37

I placed the files in the wrong directory.

Question.

Bonus Pack must be installed before XRM?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 20:46

Thanks for the mod and for the answers. :wink:

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 23:18

You're welcome! But I'm not the mod author, I just happen to really like XRM and so I did spend maybe a little bit too much time with it. ;)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 01:19

After a longer break from X3 I'm back again. During my break I simply forgotten many XRM related things...

Can you play the following plots in AP XRM?

Shady Business
Corporation Troubles
Breaking Grounds

First post also says about Corporate plots from TC being implemented in AP. Are these exactly the same where you can earn rare ships?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 18:19

I'm holding you personally responsible for making me start XRM. It's your fault that I now feel the urge to start a new XRM game. I hope you are satisfied! :mrgreen:

To answer your questions: "Corporation Troubles" is in XRM, I just got the quest. Since this works, "Breaking Grounds" should also be available. "Shady Business" I have never seen. But I also have to admit that I have never done any plots in XRM, so please takt this with a grain of salt.
There are also the special corporation missions where you can increase your rank with them, so they should give you the usual rewards - but again, I never bothered to do so.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 6. Mar 19, 21:38

During last 15 months I had tons of fun with Elite Dangerous, now I came to the point where I need to park my ship for a month or two and cool off. Generally during last three years my overall time spent in X3 was like ~30 hours, mostly played Litcube Universe mod, but I must say - all that fleet management, micro management, "GOING BIG" isn't really my thing, plus there are some ugly ships that I can't even look at. I prefer more action oriented X3 and XRM despite obvious flaws is my choice. There is also XTC mod which I highly value as well. Probably will dive into it later on, and do a few informative streams with commentary for new players on twitch.

I also checked X4, but it was, rather disappointing experience for me, too much Rebirth in this title... I was really excited about X4, but in the end this wasn't anything I expected, so I bounced off this title for good. I don't think if Egosoft is going to impress me again like they did with X2 or X3. Seriously - their opus magnum, a game you can take to desert island.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 20:30

Hello,

did anyone deal with this problem with USC heavy towers?

I'd like to start playing X3 again, but with some total conversion mod. XRM looks really good, but USC ships are my favorites and these towers spoil the impression.

Somebody mentioned it once:
https://m.imgur.com/0xPSD

There must be some detail in object parameters because these same towers are in the Xtra ship pack and without this issue.

Could someone please look at it? Probably just a detail of position parameters between the tower body and the cannons bodies.

Thank's

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”