[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 21:26

onslow77 wrote:Hello!

I have X3AP with XRM installed and am wondering where I put the script from the "Hull Addon Pack"?

in:

.../X3 Terran Conflict/scripts

or:

.../X3 Terran Conflict/addon/scripts

Regards
Martin
If you just wanted to start a new game with the hull pack, you don't need this script at all. Otherwise to AP's directory: .../X3 Terran Conflict/addon/scripts

JSalzbrunn
x4

Post by JSalzbrunn » Sun, 5. Nov 17, 18:53

Still enjoying this mod. Best Mod ever! :D

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 03:31

I bundled together a bunch of scripts/mods that I'm using for my latest XRM playthrough. The idea behind this was to have a quick and easy drag/drop installation for XRM including a bunch of helpful scripts/mods.

Feel free to message me if you have any feedback for this (I've done minimal testing) or you feel I left something out.

Also, Paul if you don't want this posted here let me know and I will remove it.

Here is a list of mods/scripts included

Download Here (Google Drive)
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Raistlain
x4

Post by Raistlain » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 06:29

Loving this mod but having an issue with the PHQ. I tried searching the thread for the info but it is too long and I can not seem to find the right keywords for the search.

I am trying to produce ships in the PHQ and have noticed that even Commonwealth ships require Terran goods before they can be built but Terran ships do not require Commonwealth goods. Does anyone know if this ever got patched/know what I need to do to fix this? I am currently at war with the Terrans and have no desire to end it to get factories to build non-Terran ships.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 12:46

Hey all is this version of XRM compatible with the latest AP version. Thanks :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 16:22

NighTragE wrote:Hey all is this version of XRM compatible with the latest AP version. Thanks :)
No problems here. :)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 19:18

NighTragE wrote:Hey all is this version of XRM compatible with the latest AP version. Thanks :)
It works just fine

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 11:00

Raistlain wrote:Loving this mod but having an issue with the PHQ. I tried searching the thread for the info but it is too long and I can not seem to find the right keywords for the search.

I am trying to produce ships in the PHQ and have noticed that even Commonwealth ships require Terran goods before they can be built but Terran ships do not require Commonwealth goods. Does anyone know if this ever got patched/know what I need to do to fix this? I am currently at war with the Terrans and have no desire to end it to get factories to build non-Terran ships.
My guess is that this is defined in "types\hq.pck". If you compare the vanilla hq.pck with the XRM hq.pck you will notice that XRM has a lot more data in it.

What puzzles me most are the "<factor racemask="0"..." entries for Water, Terran MRE and Hull Plating. I guess "racemask=0" means "all races". My suggestion is to mod this file with X3 Editor 2 and remove these lines (after making a backup of the original file of course). This way only Terran and ATF ships should require these resources.

edit: I was curious so I tested the change myself. It works. Just remove the "racemask=0" lines from the three Terran resource types. For testing I tried to build a Nova.

No more incorrect resource requirements:

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 05:18

Anybody else having issues with XRM now after the update? Different Races lost their corporations (ex. MMNC Showrooms are now Argon ship yards and they only sell torpados), some ships went missing entirely in the universe...

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 21:57

Lone Machete wrote:Anybody else having issues with XRM now after the update? Different Races lost their corporations (ex. MMNC Showrooms are now Argon ship yards and they only sell torpados), some ships went missing entirely in the universe...
I just did a fresh install of X3:AP 3.3, followed by XRM 1.30d. Starting in Kingdom End (as Boring Boron), I flew to Antigone Memorial and the Showroom there seems normal. Maybe you should consider a clean fresh install?

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 21:22

Hektos wrote:I bundled together a bunch of scripts/mods that I'm using for my latest XRM playthrough. The idea behind this was to have a quick and easy drag/drop installation for XRM including a bunch of helpful scripts/mods.

Feel free to message me if you have any feedback for this (I've done minimal testing) or you feel I left something out.

Also, Paul if you don't want this posted here let me know and I will remove it.

Here is a list of mods/scripts included

Download Here (Google Drive)
never played XRM mod, saw this and thought "Hey i will give it a go" thanks for the compiled package.

Voker57

Post by Voker57 » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 04:35

There appears to be a problem with Corporation Troubles quest. I've received notification about its start right at game beginning, approached the quest giver, done the first part (go to stock exchange and consult a clerk). When I get back to quest giver, he gives me directions to the next part of quest, but in Missions window I can still see "talk to <quest giver>" and navigation is still pointing to him.

Maybe that happens because I've started as Yaki Ronin and target wouldn't give me the time of day.

I'm using only XRM 1.30d and MARS 5.25, here's my save: http://dump.bitcheese.net/files/nuwataj/X13.sav

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 14:06

paulwheeler wrote:Can't believe there are people still playing this mod 6 years after we released it.
Has it only been six years? We were tinkering with this while I was still in the U.K., and that was more than six years ago.

Litcube's been busy, it seems. :o

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 19:02

Mizuchi wrote:
paulwheeler wrote:Can't believe there are people still playing this mod 6 years after we released it.
Has it only been six years? We were tinkering with this while I was still in the U.K., and that was more than six years ago.

Litcube's been busy, it seems. :o
The creators of XRM are here! While you are here, do you got any plans or ideas for a further development of XRM? :)

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 09:48

BlackArchon wrote:While you are here, do you got any plans or ideas for a further development of XRM? :)
I've been out of the X3 game (literally!) for the better part of a decade, and Paul said that that was heavily into his music these days.

I think whatever the most "recent" version was is probably the final version.

My input had mostly stopped before that version, too (I moved to Japan).

It is what it is, and I'm just amazed (and happy) that people are still getting enjoyment from it.

The only reason I even dropped by was because I just finished Starpoint Gemini: Warlords (which is great until you reach end-game and there's nothing left to progress to), happen to be a bit excited about the prospect of X4, and was like "do I want to play X3TC again?" because there isn't a lot to scratch that itch.

Starpoint Gemini 2 and Warlords come close but, again, most of that game is a progression-to-the-next-big-ship game. They lack the end-game "what do I want to do now that I have a big ship?" content that X3TC has.

Rebel Galaxy has that same issue. It's great until there's not much point in continuing to play it.

I absolutely love Elite: Dangerous, too, but that's very much a seasonal kind of game for me.

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 11:58

well you could help the scratch by working on xrm further. Firstly X4 will be most likely be a casual game instead of a simulation, secondly it will take time to add a similar amount of content with dlcs, i mean X3AP was basically about 4 games in 1 Package.

So make XRM great again :wink: It could use some real dedication like adding options to adjust enemy spawnrate (its really high) or a possibility to add software onto PAR ships.. But thank you anyways, im greatly enjoying X3 thanks to your effort. Vanilla AP was pure garbage (keywords: Terran economy, weapon balancing, too few ship yards, lacking satisfaction for fighting...) and I'm amazed how you made it nicely playable.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 15:26

Mizuchi wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:While you are here, do you got any plans or ideas for a further development of XRM? :)
I've been out of the X3 game (literally!) for the better part of a decade, and Paul said that that was heavily into his music these days.

I think whatever the most "recent" version was is probably the final version.

My input had mostly stopped before that version, too (I moved to Japan).

It is what it is, and I'm just amazed (and happy) that people are still getting enjoyment from it.
I have expected such an answer - anyway, many thanks for creating XRM! You have created many hundreds of hours of joy playing XRM for me, and still counting! :)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 17:57

Welcome back after five years :)
Yeah, XRM is doing well and looks like the mod will do well in future years as well. Despite its name - X4 is tech/wise a directly continuation of Rebirth so... My enthusiasm towards this title also dropped after they revealed the lack of a second race - the Split. I mean how can you skip two most exciting races the Boron and the Split? X3 has its own uniqueness and XRM even adds more to this uniqueness. When I look at the ships in X4 they look so generic almost like in other games, where is the flavor?
Anyways it would be really awesome if you guys could do something extra for the mod.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 20:16

Lone Machete wrote:It could use some real dedication like adding options to adjust enemy spawnrate (its really high) or a possibility to add software onto PAR ships..
My customizer tool has options for those, if you are inclined to take the time to set it up. Personally, I have respawn timers doubled plus an extra 15 minutes, and the number of khaak invasion groups cut by up to 80%. There is also an option for adding equipment to ships, and a wrapper could be stuck on that to filter for PAR ships instead of listing them all out manually.

O'Shavah
x3ap

Post by O'Shavah » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 07:09

haven't played this game in several years, am I to assume this mod will only work with X3 AP 3.1 or will it work with the latest version, X3 AP 3.2? just curious cause I've noticed a few weird things. not sure if it was poop install on my part or if it's cause i'm using 3X AP 3.2... which I guess would still be a poop install on my part haha. the only other mods I've used are the ones recommended on this page plus the ones in the 'addon' folder of cycrow's plugin manager. should I be adding the recommended mods manually or can i use the plugin manager like I have been. I know I have to install 'Bounce' manually and been checking the others as well just be sure.

list of issues I've noticed:
- some terran shipyards are named "Argon Federal Shipyard"
- ATF usuing mammoths
- terrans using split asps
- no terran/argon "border friction"
- rapid response ship spawning as hostile to me while dealing with a NPC a 'threat" (which i spawned in for testing purposes due to above) even though I had high reputation with them

at home I would just simply remove and try this on my own, but I stupidly forgot to make a backup of the original X3 AP files and i'm visiting the in-laws over the holidays and there internet has low "data cap" and i was told not to download things. plus their internet is super super super super crazy slow.... like took me over night to download it the first time!! i have fibre at home so i might be a little spoiled.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”