[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 14:35

Thanks for your interest.

mythrantar patches ( https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 04#4662904 ) are the more recent there is for this kind of setup

XRMi-TCAP v0.95 is kind of old

my beliefs :
saturn complex hub isn't the problem since it's overwritten (loaded early) and doesn't touch maps anyways
impossible mission difficulty doesn't touch maps
detector is just sound

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 17:26

If a sector is not displayed within the map, that usually means it has no entry in the 00749.bod (the file can be found in the directory objects\cut\).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 20:35

ok so that confirms what I have been told already
Thanks X2-Illuminatus
I tried the flat map here : https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=306821
it indeed flattened the map but didn't solve the issue

(note: have no idea if I had to restart a game for full effect so I tried with new game anyway)

I wanted to try out this script to remake a proper 0749.bod but links are non-existent anymore
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261078

I guess the next step is to try & use DIMOSUS.X MapTool to make a bod
that's completely new territory for me however (have no idea how to know if I have a "map patch")

Anero
xr

Post by Anero » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 07:36

Hi all,

I recently installed XRM and I've gotten to the point where I want to start setting up stations and I've run into and issue I think.

I can't seem to find a lot of the stations for sale, the shipyard in Legend's Home doesn't even sell any stations, I've visited 5 different shipyards and not a single one sells solar power plants, they all seems to sell some weapon/military type stations. is this normal?

is there a way to restock the stations and shipyards? or re run the scritps without having to restart my game?

Edit: looking closer, I haven't seen any non-military ships for sale anywhere either, none of the shipyards I've visited sell the TL,TS or TP ships.

Thanks,

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 07:54

Most stations and transports were moved to the "showroom" shipyards. XRM generally reduces availability of stations, which can be bothersome if playing without jump drives (and not using Hephaistos Corp).

Anero
xr

Post by Anero » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 07:59

SirNukes wrote:Most stations and transports were moved to the "showroom" shipyards. XRM generally reduces availability of stations, which can be bothersome if playing without jump drives (and not using Hephaistos Corp).
thanks for that info, is there any wiki available for this mod?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 10:01

Anero wrote:
SirNukes wrote:Most stations and transports were moved to the "showroom" shipyards. XRM generally reduces availability of stations, which can be bothersome if playing without jump drives (and not using Hephaistos Corp).
No, but if you would have read the very first post of this thread, you would have read aout showrooms and probably more.

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 14:58

Anero wrote:
You can use in-game encyclopedia and/or this app

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=166320

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 17:21

Hello, I have a little problem with this mod.

This is my first time I've been using it with X3AP ('till now I was playing with X3TC) and I'm unable to locate any shipyard that can sell XRM ships (like Cyclops, Taipan, Krait etc).
I've used X3 map by Scorp to scan my universe but there's no shipyard at all that sells any of these ships.

I've seen NPCs flying in these ships - they are just not available for me to buy in any shipyard.

Any way to fix it? I'm playing with X3TC plots for AP.

EDIT: I've noticed that there are no Showrooms in universe at all.
I've tried adding one via Cheat Menu but it doesn't have any ships for sale...

EDIT2: Also PAR shipyards are empty too. I just hope I can fix it somehow without reinstalling whole game and starting from scratch.

EDIT3: Also I have found out I have no XRM game starts available in my menu. I don't know how I missed it. Does this mean I'm done and have to reinstall everything?

EDIT4: It seems X3TC plot for AP was causing the problem. I did clean install of X3AP just to check this out and when I add X3TC plots CAT/DAT it immediately disables XRM gamestarts in the menu. Maybe it also causes shipyards to 'forget' to make XRM ships available to player, I dunno.
It seems full reinstall is inevitable?

EDIT5: It seems I've installed TCAP incorrectly and that was the main cause of my problems. I did clean reinstall of the game.
This will be all, everything my fault, now XRM is working correctly ;)

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 10:21

Whismerhill wrote:ok so that confirms what I have been told already
Thanks X2-Illuminatus
I tried the flat map here : https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=306821
it indeed flattened the map but didn't solve the issue

(note: have no idea if I had to restart a game for full effect so I tried with new game anyway)

I wanted to try out this script to remake a proper 0749.bod but links are non-existent anymore
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261078

I guess the next step is to try & use DIMOSUS.X MapTool to make a bod
that's completely new territory for me however (have no idea how to know if I have a "map patch")
and I used DimoSUS.X MapTool
unless I missed something still the same invisible sectors on universe map
some of the affected sectors :
Lehan Legacy , Appalox
Pyramid Income, Soul Star

edit: also found back the litcube script to make a flatmap that didn't solve the problem either.

EDIT2: ISSUE FIXED
path needs to be : X3 path\objects\cut\00749.bod
not X3 path\addon\objects\cut\00749.bod
(yes even though it's albion prelude that I launch)

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Tue, 3. Apr 18, 21:11

Heya, I have a question.

Since XRM is spawning many new ships - is there any way to cleanse whole universe out of them? Like additional script?
After ~20h of playing I've noticed severe FPS drops especially in Terran sectors (The Moon is like 3 fps).
SETA is unplayable.

I understand that X3 is an old game and it has it's limitations - that's why I'd like to perform whole universe "cleansing" and let it rebuild over time.
Also - I'm playing with Improved Races 2.0 but Clean Universe option does nothing - at least I didn't notice any change in performance.

If someone could help me I'd be grateful.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 13:02

dumping IR 2.0 should do the trick
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 14:14

But won't this break my save completely? I really don't wanna start from scratch again, did this 2 times already in 3 days ;)
That's why I'd like to know if there's some other workaround like cleaning whole universe from all ships and let races rebuild over time.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 20:13

zwierzu wrote:Hello, I have a little problem with this mod.

This is my first time I've been using it with X3AP ('till now I was playing with X3TC) and I'm unable to locate any shipyard that can sell XRM ships (like Cyclops, Taipan, Krait etc).
I've used X3 map by Scorp to scan my universe but there's no shipyard at all that sells any of these ships.

I've seen NPCs flying in these ships - they are just not available for me to buy in any shipyard.

Any way to fix it? I'm playing with X3TC plots for AP.

EDIT: I've noticed that there are no Showrooms in universe at all.
I've tried adding one via Cheat Menu but it doesn't have any ships for sale...

EDIT2: Also PAR shipyards are empty too. I just hope I can fix it somehow without reinstalling whole game and starting from scratch.

EDIT3: Also I have found out I have no XRM game starts available in my menu. I don't know how I missed it. Does this mean I'm done and have to reinstall everything?

EDIT4: It seems X3TC plot for AP was causing the problem. I did clean install of X3AP just to check this out and when I add X3TC plots CAT/DAT it immediately disables XRM gamestarts in the menu. Maybe it also causes shipyards to 'forget' to make XRM ships available to player, I dunno.
It seems full reinstall is inevitable?

EDIT5: It seems I've installed TCAP incorrectly and that was the main cause of my problems. I did clean reinstall of the game.
This will be all, everything my fault, now XRM is working correctly ;)
I love problems which solve themselves.
Last edited by BlackArchon on Wed, 4. Apr 18, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 20:15

zwierzu wrote:Heya, I have a question.

Since XRM is spawning many new ships - is there any way to cleanse whole universe out of them? Like additional script?
After ~20h of playing I've noticed severe FPS drops especially in Terran sectors (The Moon is like 3 fps).
SETA is unplayable.

I understand that X3 is an old game and it has it's limitations - that's why I'd like to perform whole universe "cleansing" and let it rebuild over time.
Also - I'm playing with Improved Races 2.0 but Clean Universe option does nothing - at least I didn't notice any change in performance.

If someone could help me I'd be grateful.
I also had massive slowdowns in the late game with Improved Races 2.0. This script is doing something which decreases the performance more and more after some time... therefore I don't use it anymore. :(

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 10:30

Heya, I'd like to ask a question about modifying existing XRM weapons with X3editor2.
I was thinking about editing some of the big guns for capital ships like Photon Pulse Cannon and doubling their bullet speed. Caps weapons are too slow for me and I'd like to try something new.

Anyone tried something like that?
In your opinion is it worth it? Or it would hurt game balance too much?
I'm curious about your opinions before I'll mess my game up ;)
Any input would be appreciated!

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 16:56

If i want to add the xrm weapon files to LU to make these egg throwers i have to use in LU more useful is there a way to achieve this?

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 20:26

zwierzu wrote:Anyone tried something like that?
I suggest trying it and seeing how it works out. My own copy of xrm is super heavily modified using the tool in my sig, which is aimed at making stuff like this easy to tweak to get balance just right. When doing it manually, keep in mind that bullet speed * lifetime determines range, so if you want to keep range constant then you will need to reduce lifetime.

Other capital weapons include various beams (instant hit) and gauss cannons (already 5x faster than PPC), so I don't really see your change upsetting balance much, and might improve it by making non-Teladi capitals more appealing.

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 21:13

I suggest trying it and seeing how it works out. My own copy of xrm is super heavily modified using the tool in my sig, which is aimed at making stuff like this easy to tweak to get balance just right. When doing it manually, keep in mind that bullet speed * lifetime determines range, so if you want to keep range constant then you will need to reduce lifetime.

Other capital weapons include various beams (instant hit) and gauss cannons (already 5x faster than PPC), so I don't really see your change upsetting balance much, and might improve it by making non-Teladi capitals more appealing.
I did exactly just that - doubled the heavy weapons' speed and reduced lifetime by half.
It doesn't make PPC as fast as Gauss, but now at least it's not that damn slow and easy to dodge.
I will try your tool. Thank you :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 22:19

zwierzu wrote:Heya, I'd like to ask a question about modifying existing XRM weapons with X3editor2.
I was thinking about editing some of the big guns for capital ships like Photon Pulse Cannon and doubling their bullet speed. Caps weapons are too slow for me and I'd like to try something new.

Anyone tried something like that?
I'm curious about your opinions before I'll mess my game up ;)
Any input would be appreciated!
You may want to have a look at this: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=391855

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”