[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 18:48

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE (For Those Who May Not Realize):

XRM contains its own Jobs and JobsWings files.

Do not use X3-Unleashed or any of Vkerinav's Jobs Files with XRM. It doesn't require them, and Bad Things™ may happen.
Last edited by Mizuchi on Fri, 15. Jul 11, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

soulmonarch
x4

Post by soulmonarch » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 18:51

Awesome, thanks for all the hard work Paul!

The only part of this that doesn't completely thrill me is the SSRP merge. I don't suppose there is some chance of a small add on to simply revert those changes?
"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."
- The Oath of the Vidmaster

malanthor
x3tc

Post by malanthor » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 19:06

Thanks for this Paul, and mizushi aswell. Cant wait to try it out. :)
Do you think any of the following small mods/scripts would cause a conflict?
: gates_np_rep-loss, marine training manager, no fog, no ad sign, shipkillednotification, Xchange guild portals mod (just makes all portals bigger) and xtended galactic newssystem.
Last edited by malanthor on Fri, 15. Jul 11, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 19:11

malanthor wrote:Thanks for this Paul, and mizushi aswell. Cant wait to try it out. :)
Neither can we. :wink:

malanthor
x3tc

Post by malanthor » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 19:12

Damm your quick on the draw. i didnt manage too edit it in time. :D

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 19:15

All of those should be fine - I think.

I'm not 100% sure on how the No Fog and No Ad-Signs ones remove the Fog and Ad-Signs, however, so... someone with more knowledge than I would be better informed to answer that for you.

I suppose you could always give it a try and see what happens.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 19:15

Do you think any of the following small mods/scripts would cause a conflict?
: gates_np_rep-loss, marine training manager, no fog, no ad sign, shipkillednotification, Xchange guild portals mod (just makes all portals bigger) and xtended galactic newssystem.
All of those should be fine. I use no fog and and no ads myself.

Edit - damn mizuchi! Slow down!
Last edited by paulwheeler on Fri, 15. Jul 11, 19:17, edited 2 times in total.

malanthor
x3tc

Post by malanthor » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 19:16

Thanks guys. :)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 20:20

I'm really glad that you guys made it ! :)

It will take me a while to reload my game and all the goodies.

Couple of quick questions:

- If there any possibility to choose ship packs in my game. For example I'd like to disable X2 ships, Kog ships, m3 bombers and m5 explorers.
SRM has plugin control menu + manual tships correction to choose which ships we want.

- Can I disable the particle smoke from the engines leaving the exhaust flame only ? Colored particles choke up my game when the fight is going on. In SRM + trails I was deleting a particle file responsible for smoke fumes.

- New sectors, very cool. Are these empty or populated by races ?

- Immersive Env. I don't understand the statement below. No IE changes then?
You will lose the universe changes IE makes, but you will still see the new backgrounds.

Thats all for now ... Thanks Paul, Mizuchi and others you're the best :D
I was right in mid 2010 - we were still waiting for the best X3 productions back then.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 20:29

Sorkvild wrote:If there any possibility to choose ship packs in my game. For example I'd like to disable X2 ships, Kog ships, m3 bombers and m5 explorers.
These are all required by the Jobs files now.

You'll see X2 ships in some Corporate Sectors (usually the ones that don't have as much cash to throw around as OTAS and Terracorp) and being flown by Civilians (which makes sense), you'll see the occasional M3B patrol in Border Sectors as as defense fighters for many M2s, and you'll see M5Es doing recon flights (as they did in Jobs III).

If you disable them by setting them to Race 0, it won't prevent them from spawning as they're explicitly called by Ship ID.

We wanted a fully immersive universe that made use of everything XRM has to offer (and everything that people like Cadius and Killerog have offered unto XRM to be used), rather than one that had a lot of stuff in it that was largely going unused.

Sorkvild wrote:New sectors, very cool. Are these empty or populated by races ?
Some are Pirate; some are Corporation HQs; some are Commonwealth; some are Terran; some are Xenon; some are Unknown; some are Unowned. :)

Most of them have traffic going through them, however. Most are fully populated. If you're into Sector Takeovers, you can also deny military assets by taking key sectors...
Sorkvild wrote:Immersive Env. I don't understand the statement below. No IE changes then?
We use an expanded Universe Map. I guess IE does the same? I don't know. Basically, if you use IE, you'll see the new backgrounds where they replace the old ones, but you won't see the sector changes that IE makes... I guess?

I don't use it, so I'm stabbing in the dark here mostly. :roll:
Last edited by Mizuchi on Fri, 15. Jul 11, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 20:31

I'm not providing a no x2 ships version. They have been put into a much better place anyway. They will mainly be only used by civilian jobs which helps with frames as they are much lower poly models.

You can't get rid of trails without messing up the new weapon effects.

New sectors are populated.

Immrmersive environments makes a few changes to the universe file, like sector brightness. This will not work, but the backgrounds will.

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 20:32

From now on I'd better just leave the replies to Paul lest I keep posting something a minute before he does. >_>

It's getting kind of uncanny now, huh? I mean, the odds are slim that we'd post something at the same time once - but several times over the space of a few months?

Has anyone ever seen us in the same place at the same time?! D:

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 20:46

Thank you guys for the clear answers. Now I understand this is all-in-one production. Guess I'll get used to the changes. Glad you merged the SSRP too ;)

Are there any in-game config plugins to configure ?

I didnt know IE makes any changes to the universe except backgrounds, suns and fogs here and there.

As soon as I make another copy of my entire game (one for SRM, other for XRM) I'll give a proper testing through the next week.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 20:54

Mod promises to be interesting. I have one small question:

All new unknown sectors, have called the numerical coordinates of their location on a map of the universe. Is this a bug (no assigned the name "Unknown Sector") or its purpose, it can be to locate?
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 20:59

Small compatibility issue with Xchange Guild Portals:

[ external image ]

That minimod enlarges the gates and is really helpful at preventing AI pathing issues when traversing them (and allowing to use 'em with huge ships such as the Valhallha). Seems a new graphic you used for the bluish membrane doesn't scale with the gates themselves as the vanilla one does. As it happens both with loading the portals mod before AND after XRM in load order, I guess it's a reference tied to the models themselves instead of a classic file overwritten by the load order?
As it's not a widely used mod a patch just for it would be redundant, but if someone could point me to the culprit file (a dds?), I could just remove it from the XRM cat/dat to restore the working vanilla one.

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:04

The vanilla membrane effect doesn't scale, XChange Portals mod just provides its own.

Since all the XChange Portals mod does is change that texture and the model files for the gates, loading it after the XRM should fix it.

Let me know if it does, I can't play without it.
paulwheeler wrote:All of those should be fine. I use no fog and and no ads myself.
Which no fog mod? the only one I can find is a v2.5-based TBackgrounds replacement by Argonaught - is that the one?
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:14

Yes that's the one.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:18

creidiki wrote:The vanilla membrane effect doesn't scale, XChange Portals mod just provides its own.

Since all the XChange Portals mod does is change that texture and the model files for the gates, loading it after the XRM should fix it.

Let me know if it does, I can't play without it.
I tried, but it doesn't work even when loaded last.

The only thing I found is that Xchange provides an argon_gate_effect.bob file under objects/others, while XRM has an argon_gate_effect.pbb.
I thought the different compression was what was getting in the way of the load order trick, but neither renaming the file in Xchange's cat/dat or XRM's one (which should mean disabling it and letting the other be the only one that could be called) seemed to do the trick... :?
Last edited by Kadatherion on Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:18

Kadatherion wrote:Small compatibility issue with Xchange Guild Portals:

[ external image ]

That minimod enlarges the gates and is really helpful at preventing AI pathing issues when traversing them (and allowing to use 'em with huge ships such as the Valhallha). Seems a new graphic you used for the bluish membrane doesn't scale with the gates themselves as the vanilla one does. As it happens both with loading the portals mod before AND after XRM in load order, I guess it's a reference tied to the models themselves instead of a classic file overwritten by the load order?
As it's not a widely used mod a patch just for it would be redundant, but if someone could point me to the culprit file (a dds?), I could just remove it from the XRM cat/dat to restore the working vanilla one.
Its called "gatewhirl.dds" IIRC. I'm surprised it doesn't scale though as its just a direct replacement for the vanilla texture... no models have been changed - although i did double the texture res. have you tried changing sectors?

The gate model in XRM is just speeds the rotation of the texture up a bit.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:26

Ah, damn, indeed!
Something must have gotten stuck while I was ordering the cat files and checking everything was at its place, and didn't think that changing sectors could refresh and fix it. Which it definitely does. My bad :oops:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”