[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 10:30

Heya, I'd like to ask a question about modifying existing XRM weapons with X3editor2.
I was thinking about editing some of the big guns for capital ships like Photon Pulse Cannon and doubling their bullet speed. Caps weapons are too slow for me and I'd like to try something new.

Anyone tried something like that?
In your opinion is it worth it? Or it would hurt game balance too much?
I'm curious about your opinions before I'll mess my game up ;)
Any input would be appreciated!

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 16:56

If i want to add the xrm weapon files to LU to make these egg throwers i have to use in LU more useful is there a way to achieve this?

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 20:26

zwierzu wrote:Anyone tried something like that?
I suggest trying it and seeing how it works out. My own copy of xrm is super heavily modified using the tool in my sig, which is aimed at making stuff like this easy to tweak to get balance just right. When doing it manually, keep in mind that bullet speed * lifetime determines range, so if you want to keep range constant then you will need to reduce lifetime.

Other capital weapons include various beams (instant hit) and gauss cannons (already 5x faster than PPC), so I don't really see your change upsetting balance much, and might improve it by making non-Teladi capitals more appealing.

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 21:13

I suggest trying it and seeing how it works out. My own copy of xrm is super heavily modified using the tool in my sig, which is aimed at making stuff like this easy to tweak to get balance just right. When doing it manually, keep in mind that bullet speed * lifetime determines range, so if you want to keep range constant then you will need to reduce lifetime.

Other capital weapons include various beams (instant hit) and gauss cannons (already 5x faster than PPC), so I don't really see your change upsetting balance much, and might improve it by making non-Teladi capitals more appealing.
I did exactly just that - doubled the heavy weapons' speed and reduced lifetime by half.
It doesn't make PPC as fast as Gauss, but now at least it's not that damn slow and easy to dodge.
I will try your tool. Thank you :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 22:19

zwierzu wrote:Heya, I'd like to ask a question about modifying existing XRM weapons with X3editor2.
I was thinking about editing some of the big guns for capital ships like Photon Pulse Cannon and doubling their bullet speed. Caps weapons are too slow for me and I'd like to try something new.

Anyone tried something like that?
I'm curious about your opinions before I'll mess my game up ;)
Any input would be appreciated!
You may want to have a look at this: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=391855

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 11:02

I have one more question if you don't mind.
Is it possible to change Gauss Cannon trail colour?
Default one is kinda meh, I was thinking about giving it a little more flavour like bright blue tint.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 19:59

Of course it is possible. You may want to edit the Gauss Cannon's entry in TBullets.txt, it should be the "Trail effect".

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 22:04

Thank you, but could you please give me one more hint?
What are the numbers corresponding to different colors?
Is there some kind of resource or thread I can read about it?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 22:44

The "Trail effect" number of a bullet in types\TBullets.txt is the index number for the file types\Effects.txt. With the help of "X3 Editor 2", you can change the parameters of this effect. This Effects.txt entry should then reference a body file which can be found in the objects directory - this should be the real graphical effect. I'm sorry, that's the end of my knowledge about weapon effects, I don't have digged deeper into this issue.

You can find some infos in the Argonopedia, for example here: http://www.argonopedia.org/wiki/TBullets.txt_(X3)
But beware, the information there is sometimes outdated and only for X3 Reunion. Often you won't find data of the new Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude versions of the described files, but the X3 Editor 2 can help you here - at least for some files. There is quite a bit of try and error involved in understanding the poorly documented X3 internals. :(

azzadawg

Post by azzadawg » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 08:36

Hey, wondering if there's a simple fix for the following... I can't for the life of me get the heavily armed TPs to show up. For example, I found the Tships entry for the Argon Phantom, the Split Mantis is present in Tships, but none of them show up. I've reinstalled X3tc and XRM more times than I care to count, but it's always the same. When I cheat the phantom in, it has the readtext name and no body. Another that has no body is the Boron Hammerhead. I've Googled the hell out of this and it seems I'm not alone, but nothing I found pointed to a solution. I've trawled through dozens of pages in this thread as well without luck. Most of the new ships are present, just a few specific ones are having problems. I have no other ship adding mods, if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome!

Cheers!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 18:00

Your XRM installation is broken if these ships don't have a body. Reinstall it and follow the instructions on the first post carefully.

azzadawg

Post by azzadawg » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 00:08

FINALLY! Tried for the umpteenth time to clean install the TC version, followed the instructions to the letter... still no on those same ships. Tried something a bit different this time though, I also installed the AP version (to the letter), and opened the VFS with Cycrow's Package Creator (had tried that with the TC version with no luck) and voila! All the missing ships were there. Made .xspS out of the missing ships, installed them to TC via Plugin Manager... WORKING!

Just thought I'd share that for anyone else that comes across the problem :D

keo
xr

Post by keo » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 02:00

HELLO ALL, come to play x3 after some year brake and look into this fantastic mod but now after some day gameplay i have performance issue, what could be? anyone have same problem and know ho to ride off?

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 08:55

keo wrote:HELLO ALL, come to play x3 after some year brake and look into this fantastic mod but now after some day gameplay i have performance issue, what could be? anyone have same problem and know ho to ride off?
What other mods are you using? XRM itself does have impact on game performance after a while, but it shouldn't be that bad. Some other mods and scripts can make it much worse though.
E.g. I had problems with Improved Races, Marine Training and Repairs (when I had marines on many ships), Trade Overview and some trading scripts (when I had 25-30+ traders).

keo
xr

Post by keo » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 14:49

Pr0wler wrote:
keo wrote:HELLO ALL, come to play x3 after some year brake and look into this fantastic mod but now after some day gameplay i have performance issue, what could be? anyone have same problem and know ho to ride off?
What other mods are you using? XRM itself does have impact on game performance after a while, but it shouldn't be that bad. Some other mods and scripts can make it much worse though.
E.g. I had problems with Improved Races, Marine Training and Repairs (when I had marines on many ships), Trade Overview and some trading scripts (when I had 25-30+ traders).
Yes you right, i'm using mars on some ship then marine repairs and codea too

this is my full list of scripts:

Mars
ComunityPluginConfiguration v1.51
Ware Manager v1.10
factory complex constructor 4.02 plus
Logain industries Cseg v2 12.9.2010
Marine Repairs v214 2015-01-01
Super Tractor
Detector v1.18
Mobile Mining mk2 1.05
X3ap Bonus pack
Explorer command extension v1.22+deploy sat
Global Friend Foe
NPC bailed colored
JSONparserlibrary
SalvageCommandNPC v1.5
SalvageClaimSoftware
codea+military transport+libraries+personal salaries

sure there is something that required alot of cpu and i dont need, wich ? =D

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Sun, 6. May 18, 21:50

The problem with XRM is you can do whatever you want (remove engine trails, stop faction wars, reduce enemy spawn, clean the AI director, change light effects and so on) and XRM will still have massive lag spikes. Especially in sinza. The only method to get a lag free game when it comes to fleet fights is to install Litcubes Universe. I liked XRM alot, loved the eye candy and the love put into balancing and giving each ship a role... but performance wise it is still as bad as vanilla AP, if you don't remove engine trails, flying in some ships like the Thor is even worse.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 7. May 18, 18:13

According to my tests, removing the engine trails hasn't caused a notable performance impact. Just changing the fire rate and bullet speed of weapons, like in LU, yields an exceptionally big performance gain for me.

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Mon, 7. May 18, 21:48

Litcube did also a ton of other stuff to improve the performance. And the engine traill part was particularly for some special ships like the Thor which without would make Sinza stutter because of graphical power need while everything else needs just CPU, so this just may say you have the much more powerful GPU than me.

vellarain
xr

Post by vellarain » Thu, 31. May 18, 17:17

Got back into X3 after a disastrous attempt at Rebirth.

Having this strange issue that Aldrin... is stupidly large and auto pilot seems to be broken.

Also ATF stations are just numbers in brackets.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 31. May 18, 19:09

Do you see a giant asteroid in the center of Aldrin?

If you got ReadText errors like with the ATF stations, you haven't installed XRM correctly. Please follow the instructions for all three parts exactly.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”