X3 TC On Mac

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Wed, 18. May 11, 12:18

Yea thats something else that ive tried but that doesnt seem to have worked either.

ive noticed that in that folder with the numbered cat and dat, ive placed normandy mod as 14.cat and 14.dat
and there is another few files in there:

lang.dat
VPFS_registry.vpfsdb
x3files.xml
x3tc.vpfs

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Wed, 18. May 11, 12:27

double post sorry..

but ive managed to false patch the normandy mod so thats a start. I'm going to try the cheat script

edit:

just managed to get the cheat script running too.

Thank you to all that have contributed and helped me with this issue. And the patience you showed.

Im not entirely sure what changed but something did and it worked.

just as a final note, how do i treat .xsp files? trying to install another ship mod and the download is .xsp where should i place it?

Olympus99
x3tc

Plugins etc

Post by Olympus99 » Wed, 18. May 11, 18:25

I am trying to download the latest of Plugins & Bonus' etc to my Mac - but it says the file is a windows file and keeps opening windows - I have a Mac version of XTC - does that mean I cannot update my Version? :?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 18. May 11, 18:58

You need to use zip files (possibly rar) to use with a mac, spk will not work

i believe there is a mac program to emulate winzip, if your talking about the official stuff via the egosoft site i'm not sure, maybe another mac user will be able to help

merging with other mac topic....................

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Wed, 18. May 11, 19:25

spk files do work using the mac tutorial

however from some of the mod downloads, the extraction gave me a "director" folder, where do these files go?

along with my previous question of how do i install the xsp ship files?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 19. May 11, 11:02

Director folder goes in the same folder the mods folder is in.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 13:10

Bumping to make this easy to find later when I get home :)

Also to ask if anyone on this thread managed to get the official Bonus pack working, or whether they only managed to get Mods/scripts working on a mac (without bootcamp)?

webba84
x3ap

Post by webba84 » Tue, 9. Aug 11, 18:17

AFAIK only mods and scripts working. There was apparently a way to use the windows installs for mods and so on a while ago but the mac version of TC got changed around a lot about the time the 2.5/3 patch came out and now it's completely different to use. I'd like to help but I only just got the game and I'm completely out of my depth with it atm. Is there any experienced mac users of TC that had the game before and now have the latest version as well (I think it's 3.1.6) who would be willing to put together a tutorial or at least help me to write one?

Havner
x4

Post by Havner » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 11:45

I have a Mac App Store version and the folder you're interested in is:

/Applications/X3 Terran Conflict.app/Contents/Resources/Data

This is where scrips/mods/director/t are. Treat it just like a windows game dir and everything works fine.

For the bonus pack it's just enough to get you hand on the files (install it on windows, get them unpacked from a friend) and copy all the required pck files to the scripts and t folders. Never had a problem with that. Same for official director missions (there was some add-on once on Steam as a part of some promotion, Sunny DLC). Just put the pck in the director folder.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”