[SCR] Trade Software ST1 - Version 2.02 29/04/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 10. May 11, 22:25

Yes ,I am aware that it is TC related.
The point I was making is that I am watching developments. :)

Zeripper

Post by Zeripper » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 23:16

I've set up a TS to buy energy cells for my 2 mines. Max buying price is set to 12 on both mines, there are 2 solar power plants (computer owned) in the sector who sell at 12, but my TS keeps travelling 3 sectors away to buy ECells for 16 at a military outpost.

I"ve noticed the selling command has a "bestprice" options, but not the supply one. Maybe it's just bot made for that.

I also have a "readtext2010-411" line in my trade commands menu, tho I'm not if it's your script that is responsible or another one...

Anything I forgot?

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 11:23

'Readtext2010-411' isnt related to my script.
Typically this error happens
- if there is a setup-script inside your 'scripts' folder which define a command.
- but the textfile for this script in folder 't' do not exist (deleted or never installed).
For example, my script 'setup.tradesoftwareST1.xml' use the script-command 'load text: id=7077'
to load the textfile '7077-L044' in folder 't' which includes the neccessary text output for my scripts.
So you should search your scripts folder for scripts called 'setup.....' and look inside the script for command 'load text: id xxxx'.
Then compare the number with the numbers of the file names in your folder 't'.
If you find a script 'setup....' which refers to a not exisiting textfile-number in your folder 't' you've found the reason for the 'readtext2010-411'.

Regarding your buy problem...
My scripts for buying resources always look for best price.
So the 'bestprice' isn't especially declared in the commands.
If the script isn't able to find a seller factory in the given jump range which sells for the best price (the price defined in your mine or a lower price),
it falls back to search Docks (like the military outpost) to buy there for the avarage price.
The thought behind this is, to keep the factory (your mine) working, even if resources for the cheapest price are not to find.

One reason that the script don't find the solar power plants to buy there.
- They can be foe to the ship (TS) or to you. So docking at the SPP isn't allowed for you (or for the TS).
In this case the script search other SPP in range of the mine and if none to find, it searches docks in range.

Actually have no other clue, what reason can prevent the TS from buying at the SPP.
But if the friend/foe thing isn't the reason, try a higher price (13) or try out a lower jump range (1 or 2) at the mines and look what happens.

Zeripper

Post by Zeripper » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 14:49

Thanks for your quick answer :)

I changed the price to 13, and the TS began to go to the solar plants, even tho they did sell at 12 :p

as for the command line, I have a bunch of scripts installed and can't read a programming line, so I'll leave it as it is :D

Now to try and prevent them to cross Xenon sectors :evil:

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 17:15

Zeripper wrote:Thanks for your quick answer :)
I changed the price to 13, and the TS began to go to the solar plants, even tho they did sell at 12 :p
Oh, this sounds like I have a little mistake in coding. :(
Have to check the buy script, may be I mistyped a price check.
May be I typed "<" (lower as) instead of "<="... Will have a look...

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Sat, 22. Oct 11, 00:52

I dont know if you still support this script, but i bought a ship outfitted it and put it at my station hub, and then i told it to sell Fabproduct for best price, then i set my station, but then it wants me to choose another station or sector, why is that? I thought i can just have it sell all my products or am i missing something?

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sat, 22. Oct 11, 09:21

In this case you need to choose the same station 7 times repeated.

Refer to this topic (its nearly a complete manual of the script)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=46022
and read the information at the underlined headlines "Supply Factories", "Sell FabWare for best price", Sell Dockware for best price", aso...

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 16:36

Hey thanks! I love this script, works awesome for me now and it's the best trading / supply script that i have seen yet.

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 18:14

Nice to hear! :D
Thank you for the reply.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”