[MOD] Multi-Galaxy-Mod (MG-Mod) [23.02.2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Darya
x3

Post by Darya » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 13:26

you don't have to uninstall tc. all you have to do is uninstall the mod and reinstall it. since the whole thing has been rewritten and is a lot smaller (less cat dat files), you probably have still a few files from 3.4 on there. i don't know exactly what changes have been made to the scripts folder also, so maybe there are some lost scripts of 3.4 there as well in your installation.

sorry for the trouble, but it is necessary to get rid of 3.4 before installing 3.8. as far as i know from the german forum, the mod won't function properly, if not installed on vanilla.

so here it is again: vanilla, 3.8, than 4.0 and you should be good to go.

as i don't play x:tc anymore, i can't provide more help than what i am giving now, i'm really sorry about that, but time is a big issue at the moment. it's either help TGG or play, and help it is.

i will try to do the first page, but... you guessed... time.

hope i was able to help a bit

greets

darya
Es gibt Tage, da gelingt uns alles... keine Sorge, das geht vorbei.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 03:49

Any chance having some of the ships as shown on the post
Here be included in the MG mod.

Specifically the 2nd listed jpg picture of that particular ship shown.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Darya
x3

Post by Darya » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 14:41

i'll tell TGG

we'll see what he can do

greets

darya

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 04:49

Thanks darya.

Are LV's Yaki Armada and Race Response Fleet AI scripts compatible with the MG mod?

DarthVain

Darya
x3

Post by Darya » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 13:04

not that i know of.

you can always try. save the scripts ant t folder of MG mod, install those other mods and test it. if it doesn't work, just copy back the saved folders.

sorry not to be of more help

greets

darya

p.s.: TGG answered and said he is sorry, but he can't add questioned ships, however, there are a few of them included in the mod.

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 20:17

Hello everybody!

Question about new wares in the mod: are they activated in the game?

For example, I can not find "M/AM Reactor" for sale in any station in the whole Universe (Scorp's map). The same with the other wares, like "Construction Plans", "HQ Blueprints", "Aran Ship Prod. Facility", and so others... But according to X3 Editor 2 - they are in TwareT file!

Is this intentional (like I have to do/find something to activate them) or it just a bug and they should be present in the game from the beginning?

Anybody?
Thank you.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 02:35

Darya wrote:p.s.: TGG answered and said he is sorry, but he can't add questioned ships, however, there are a few of them included in the mod.
I know this may be a big ask seeing there are soo many ships in the mod now but any chance for some names of these ships that are already in the mod or perhaps to which race they are assigned to?

This would be greatly appreciated.

DarthVain

Darya
x3

Post by Darya » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 13:02

to wares and stations:

many of those new ones are only available through missions or stealing.

to ships:

try cycrow's ship cheater and go through all of them one by one. this is the only method.

to both:

there are no files having all new wares, stations, weapons, and ships and their respective way to get.

you are welcome to make one, if you have time.

greets

darya

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 20:43

@Darya,

Thank you.

Darya
x3

Post by Darya » Thu, 4. Aug 11, 16:39

no worries

glad to help

greets

darya

Maxces C Covert
x3

Post by Maxces C Covert » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 02:06

Please can you just make a version of this mod with no add-ons. No cockpits, wares effects, etc... I have a few conflicts with other such add-ons I already have or would love to use with this fantastic ship collection.

Also, can ships be added using the X Plugin Manager Lite? I tried and they didn't show up.

Darya
x3

Post by Darya » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 13:52

sorry, buddy, but the work on this mod is so extensive, that TGG won't bother doing special version for each one of us, so you have to live with that. the cockpits you can get rid of by a separate cat dat file, which is in the download area. just install as last cat dat and you'r good to go.

sometimes we have to decide what mods we want to use, because there are so many, and often they conflict with each other. it's always good to have the vanilla files (scripts and t folders) saved somewhere, so it's not a hassle to install a clean mod.

sorry that we can't grant your wishes. i hope you still have fun playing, though.

greets

darya

Maxces C Covert
x3

Post by Maxces C Covert » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 20:21

Thank you for the response. I have tried to isolate the ships from the mod but I'm not sure which files I need and don't. I also tried to add the Haegemonia, Eve, Nexus ships to the install and they still don't show up.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Tue, 9. Aug 11, 05:53

I'm happy with what I have now in the latest version.

I've parked the Starwars SSD and companions and now have

1 x Wraith Super Hive (M1)
3 x Wraith Hives (M1)
6 x Wraith Cruisers (M7)
1 x Wraith Support (TL)
60 x Wraith Hunters (M3)
22 x Wraith Scouts (M4)

A magnificent sight especially when the whole fleet jumps into the unknown :twisted:

DarthVain

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 17:46

Greetings,

One hiccup so far noted. When jumping to Sectors Zagros and Tschu'Lack, game locks up. If this could be checked. Other sectors so far no problems.

DarthVain

Darya
x3

Post by Darya » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 13:08

do you have any other scripts installed than mg-mod?

because this is the first time such a glitch appears. anything that edits jumping, e.g. jump into sectors without gates?

greetings

darya

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 16:37

Advanced Jumpdrive

DarthVain

Darya
x3

Post by Darya » Mon, 15. Aug 11, 14:04

soemtimes there are sectors in the mod, that should only be unlocked, when you meet specific criteria. it might be that you juped there before you met thos criteria, thus it froze. or maybe it's just the script.

try getting rid of the script and going there by the means provided by the mg-mod, i.e. normal jumpdrive or gate.

let me know if that worked.

greetings

darya

p.s.: if you unlocked the universe map and jumped there without meeting specific criteri, and it's a system that actually is locked until you do specific things, than that might be the problem as well. i hope this was help.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 04:33

Darya wrote:soemtimes there are sectors in the mod, that should only be unlocked, when you meet specific criteria. it might be that you juped there before you met thos criteria, thus it froze. or maybe it's just the script.

try getting rid of the script and going there by the means provided by the mg-mod, i.e. normal jumpdrive or gate.

let me know if that worked.

greetings

darya

p.s.: if you unlocked the universe map and jumped there without meeting specific criteri, and it's a system that actually is locked until you do specific things, than that might be the problem as well. i hope this was help.
I'll give it a try using normal means. First of all, I'll see if I can advance jump into the Unknown Sectors near Zagros and Tschu'Lack.

DarthVain

Darya
x3

Post by Darya » Sun, 28. Aug 11, 15:00

new version 4.2 is available

it's 3.8 to 4.2, so you have to get rid of 4.0

there's only a few differences. added a few new ships, tweaked a few existing ones, fixed minor problems with BSG missions.

i think a new start is necessary.

greets

darya

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”