[GLOBAL MOD] X3: Time Of The Truth V.1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wolfwaffe
x4

Post by Wolfwaffe » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 21:28

Groundwalker wrote:1. They don't care about organics - they need new information.
2. In order to make their deals quietly.
3. "technology for hacking "friend-foe" recognition system of organic beings?" - why not?
1. nosense. Further in the plot it is said that
The Protocol No 18 was of the highest priority: the indicated sector of the space was a subject of the primary terraforming. *organic HATE goes here and blablabla* We don't fight against you. We fulfill the space-terraforming directions of the CPU. The Protocol No 1 excludes the presence of organic life-forms in the conditions updated.
You guys don't know what you want...
2. Oh yeah, you surely will make your deals quietly if you say STRAIGHT IN SCIENTIST'S FACE THAT YOU ARE XENON.
3. Because it will lead to the events of the first episodes of "Battlestar Galactica". You know, when race of robots (Cylons), using sort of hack of "Friend-Foe recognition system" (actualy they used help of some renegade) and send 12 Terran colonies back to stone age.

Groundwalker wrote:How can robots be evil or kindly? Couldn't they become clever enough to understand, that it is better to be quiet sometimes, than kill everything?
Evil they are seen by "organics". if you ever met a machine that does nothing but kills, crashes and destroys everything in it's path and takes no prisoners in process, will you think it's nice and good? I doubt it, especially if it was heading straight on you.
Groundwalker wrote:According to you, a xenon start player shouldn't be able to increase his reputation among the races at all?
DUDE! It's a xenon, one of those who nearly put the Commonwealth on its knees in "X: Beyond the Frontier" (but i guess you've never played it... Young gamers can't into old games), one of those who have killed millions, blew up entire stations and ships without even shadow of emotion, doubt, and/or regret.

And how most plot NPC react? "Oh, a Xenon. Ohwell, hi hunk of metal. Do some stuff for me and i'll help you. Have a nice day. See ya."

Oh, and besides, judging by the introduction message and what you said, when Xenons will need even more information, they will raid an insane asylum for more madmen.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 21:29

We have a problem.

On your site the registration process demand to answer to a question.This question is in Russian.I presume the answer is also in Russian.

This may represent the problem for many and myself to register on your site.

I have manage to do it but I am not sure for others :(

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 21:46

Wolfwaffe wrote:
1. nosense.
Well...All I can advise is to read books by H.Kautz in order to see it the xenons can or can't contact the other races...

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 21:49

Idea wrote:We have a problem.

On your site the registration process demand to answer to a question.This question is in Russian.I presume the answer is also in Russian.

I see...We'll try to find a solution. Try to reply my private message there...

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 22:02

Groundwalker wrote: Try to reply my private message there...
Done

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 22:03

Groundwalker wrote:1. They don't care about organics - they need new information.
2. In order to make their deals quietly (read further).
3. "technology for hacking "friend-foe" recognition system of organic beings?" - why not?

"evil robots"

How can robots be evil or kindly? Couldn't they become clever enough to understand, that it is better to be quiet sometimes, than kill everything?

"NOBODY EVEN CARES"

So what? When you play as a split and rise your reputation among the borons - they trade with you and don't even care that you're the split - their hated enemy... According to you, a xenon start player shouldn't be able to increase his reputation among the races at all?
Well, to be honest the Xenon are kind of defined by genocide.

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 22:06

shilhi wrote: Well, to be honest the Xenon are kind of defined by genocide.
We just wanted to make the xenon stars more interesting: total overkill becomes really boring after a week of gaming...

Wolfwaffe
x4

Post by Wolfwaffe » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 22:25

Groundwalker wrote: Well...All I can advise is to read books by H.Kautz in order to see it the xenons can or can't contact the other races...
Dude, i said that you state in the plot that #1 directive is to kill all living things in system marked for terraforming, NOT that xenons can't communicate. Maybe they can, but they never respond... Do they not care to pick up a phone? Who knows... And for matter of Xenon Directive One, mind if i remind you, that xenons have ALL COMMONWEALTH TERRITORIES marked for terraforming. Which means that they will eventually wipe out all lifeforms there. Besides, books are spinoffs from the game, NOT the other way.
Groundwalker wrote:We just wanted to make the xenon stars more interesting: total overkill becomes really boring after a week of gaming...
But you couldn't help going with that nonsensical plot line? Couldn't you come up with something more natural to xenon?
I have manage to do it but I am not sure for others
You'll be quite surprised when you'd realize that the forum rules on their site are located in closed admin section, so no common user can read them. ...I wonder if they will put English version of rules there too...

By the way, who designed those hunks of metal?! They look eye-ripping!

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 03:55

I can't find the time to download this. It's going to take me seven hours.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 04:17

Groundwalker wrote:It's OK: every Ancients' and Fallens' ship should activate self destruct, as they are the most powerful races, having no match in the entire Universe. So it's our anti-cheat script working. :wink:
Oh!! Pity.... so I can't "steal" one of them :twisted:
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 04:18

Interesting. I can always try Google Translate and see if that works
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 06:50

Wolfwaffe wrote: Dude,
OK, OK, man - you don't like the xenon plot, all the new xenon ships - I got that :D Just calm yourself )))))) Take it easy :D :D :D

"You'll be quite surprised when you'd realize that the forum rules on their site are located in closed admin section"

How do you know that? Only the registered users have access to the forum's threads. And you're not the registered one.
Last edited by Groundwalker on Fri, 4. Feb 11, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 06:51

shilhi wrote:I can't find the time to download this. It's going to take me seven hours.
Use our torrent file. It took me about 40 minutes to download.

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 06:53

DarthVain wrote: Interesting. I can always try Google Translate and see if that works
The check-question was disabled yesterday, so you all are welcome ))))

Wolfwaffe
x4

Post by Wolfwaffe » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 15:52

Groundwalker wrote:It's OK: every Ancients' and Fallens' ship should activate self destruct, as they are the most powerful races, having no match in the entire Universe. So it's our anti-cheat script working. :wink:
Oooh, so THAT IS the explanation used in the mod storyline? Well, who stes that anti-cheat? Some sort of God? Ok, where is my steamroller Rollie?.. I feel like i need to study the main plot line as well.
Also, it doesn't makes any sense that the other races ships don't do the same. 'Cause, you know, when there are marines going killin' spree on your bridge, you'd rather blow the ship up than let it fall into enemy palms.

Antients actually have ships? I thought they are a single energy being with collective mind or something... Who are the Fallen then?
Groundwalker wrote: OK, OK, man - you don't like the xenon plot, all the new xenon ships - I got that

How do you know that? Only the registered users have access to the forum's threads. And you're not the registered one.
I'm taking that easy. You, for some reason, not so much. By the way, i have a feeling that you're the mastermind behind creating that plot. Because you protecting it... so much.

Let's say, i know it. I have some... relations with Russian X-players. I even think you are kinda familiar to one other. And i remember him saying that the main plot line was stupid too.
I'll find it out some time later.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 17:08

i have been playing with yr mod for some days now and i'm loving it,
very nice mod. i have found a bug with a a flightschool mamba beeing
invinceable and a mission are beeing offered in russian language but i will post that in yr own forum (could register there today).

i got some third party scripts working by purely unpacking them and putting the scripts and t files in :

Mars Fire Control : not sure about turrent use (not using it) but the goblins perform as usual, they repair without problems too.
Cheat package : no problem
Ship Hijacker : no problem
NPC Bailing : no problem

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 17:36

qwizzie wrote:i have been playing with yr mod for some days now and i'm loving it,
very nice mod. i have found a bug with a a flightschool mamba beeing
invinceable and a mission are beeing offered in russian language but i will post that in yr own forum (could register there today).
Thank you :) You are welcome on our site! It would be great to gather all TOTT questions in one place )

"a flightschool mamba beeing invinceable"

It's not the TOTT's matter - it's from the original X3TC...

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 17:50

So i tried your mod out the last night and i have a question...Miight be a stupid one...but yeah

I have the same issue as was mentioned before with the Steam Version installation, and while i know where to put most of the files...im rather stumped as to where the files in the L folder go? I stuck the folder in my x3tc directory not knowing what else to do with it and everything loads fine, though im having an issue getting the plots to start...Anyways any help would be appreciated :)

Wolfwaffe
x4

Post by Wolfwaffe » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 22:52

Hmmm... so my comrade player from Russia gave me some... "features" of mod. Xplain those please.

- All mission signs were replaced with a sole lightbulb icon
- "blue books" icons removed at all
- Mission pointers removed (as result, all plots have no record in "My missions" menu) (not sure, didn't really pay attention during xenon plot walkthrough, i just turn mission guidance off most of the times, so kinda used to that stuff)
- "Ancients" from pacifists are turned into maniacs-terminators
- Sohnenns were "dismissed", and, instead, some cutthroats named The Fallen were gathered to execute will of ancients.
- Oh, and to make the fallen even more scary, their ships are named after Biblical demons (i.e. "Beelzebub", "Abaddon", "Lucifer")
- A cloud of energy of collective consciousness suddenly had a romp between consciousnesses in it, split back to multiple consciousnesses, got onto hunks of metal and went on killing spree
- Ancients ships are sold to player for commonwealth money (what?.. really? O.o Aren't they explode when owned by player, or what??)

P.S. He also asked me to post this for you [Groundwalker] to read:

Блин! О том, что ваши дурацкие правила нифига не видны зарегистрированным пользователям, вам талдычили в вашем чате. И что вы его скинули, видимо, в скрытый от не-илиты раздел - тоже. И Паше, раздолбаю вашему, Женя в личку об этом писала. А они никак понять не могут!

Заведи себе, блин, еще один акк, обычный, как у всех, да попробуй правила свои посмотреть.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 23:08

Wolfwaffe

although all your points may be valid in your own context i realy dont see what your beef is that you feel the need to fill the thread up with your bitchings. its a "FREE" mod. its not a dlc you just payed for its alot of time and effort put in for free. so what if there are errors at the moment. xtc has plenty of errors at the moment aswell.

i have to agree lore changes are a bit skewed but so what just use a bit of imagination and go with the changes and enjoy playing the mod rather than bleating on here about the historical ramifications of the plots. (ITS ONLY A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

no ones lives are goin to be effected because the story has changed a bit!!!

and bugs are bugs what do you expect with a home made mod. developers spend months bug hunting and fixing before and after releasing games. they even pay people to sit there and play the game to test for bugs. hey gd job for me lol

p.s i have nothing to do with this mod or the team. i only found this mod a few hours ago and im already sick of reading your posts.

If you dont like it go play something else, or even better vanilla in all its glory :D

END OF RANT lol
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”