[GLOBAL MOD] X3: Time Of The Truth V.1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 17:08

i have been playing with yr mod for some days now and i'm loving it,
very nice mod. i have found a bug with a a flightschool mamba beeing
invinceable and a mission are beeing offered in russian language but i will post that in yr own forum (could register there today).

i got some third party scripts working by purely unpacking them and putting the scripts and t files in :

Mars Fire Control : not sure about turrent use (not using it) but the goblins perform as usual, they repair without problems too.
Cheat package : no problem
Ship Hijacker : no problem
NPC Bailing : no problem

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 17:36

qwizzie wrote:i have been playing with yr mod for some days now and i'm loving it,
very nice mod. i have found a bug with a a flightschool mamba beeing
invinceable and a mission are beeing offered in russian language but i will post that in yr own forum (could register there today).
Thank you :) You are welcome on our site! It would be great to gather all TOTT questions in one place )

"a flightschool mamba beeing invinceable"

It's not the TOTT's matter - it's from the original X3TC...

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 17:50

So i tried your mod out the last night and i have a question...Miight be a stupid one...but yeah

I have the same issue as was mentioned before with the Steam Version installation, and while i know where to put most of the files...im rather stumped as to where the files in the L folder go? I stuck the folder in my x3tc directory not knowing what else to do with it and everything loads fine, though im having an issue getting the plots to start...Anyways any help would be appreciated :)

Wolfwaffe
x4

Post by Wolfwaffe » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 22:52

Hmmm... so my comrade player from Russia gave me some... "features" of mod. Xplain those please.

- All mission signs were replaced with a sole lightbulb icon
- "blue books" icons removed at all
- Mission pointers removed (as result, all plots have no record in "My missions" menu) (not sure, didn't really pay attention during xenon plot walkthrough, i just turn mission guidance off most of the times, so kinda used to that stuff)
- "Ancients" from pacifists are turned into maniacs-terminators
- Sohnenns were "dismissed", and, instead, some cutthroats named The Fallen were gathered to execute will of ancients.
- Oh, and to make the fallen even more scary, their ships are named after Biblical demons (i.e. "Beelzebub", "Abaddon", "Lucifer")
- A cloud of energy of collective consciousness suddenly had a romp between consciousnesses in it, split back to multiple consciousnesses, got onto hunks of metal and went on killing spree
- Ancients ships are sold to player for commonwealth money (what?.. really? O.o Aren't they explode when owned by player, or what??)

P.S. He also asked me to post this for you [Groundwalker] to read:

Блин! О том, что ваши дурацкие правила нифига не видны зарегистрированным пользователям, вам талдычили в вашем чате. И что вы его скинули, видимо, в скрытый от не-илиты раздел - тоже. И Паше, раздолбаю вашему, Женя в личку об этом писала. А они никак понять не могут!

Заведи себе, блин, еще один акк, обычный, как у всех, да попробуй правила свои посмотреть.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 23:08

Wolfwaffe

although all your points may be valid in your own context i realy dont see what your beef is that you feel the need to fill the thread up with your bitchings. its a "FREE" mod. its not a dlc you just payed for its alot of time and effort put in for free. so what if there are errors at the moment. xtc has plenty of errors at the moment aswell.

i have to agree lore changes are a bit skewed but so what just use a bit of imagination and go with the changes and enjoy playing the mod rather than bleating on here about the historical ramifications of the plots. (ITS ONLY A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

no ones lives are goin to be effected because the story has changed a bit!!!

and bugs are bugs what do you expect with a home made mod. developers spend months bug hunting and fixing before and after releasing games. they even pay people to sit there and play the game to test for bugs. hey gd job for me lol

p.s i have nothing to do with this mod or the team. i only found this mod a few hours ago and im already sick of reading your posts.

If you dont like it go play something else, or even better vanilla in all its glory :D

END OF RANT lol
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 00:00

I am not a moderator - otherwise I would make a "moderator comment" here.

Neither am I familiar with this mod, but my guess is these guys have put a lot of effort into it, and the least they deserve is common respect as members of this close-knit community.

Regardless of the quality (which I am not able to address since I have not looked at it), putting together something like this takes dedication to the hobby.

Please be gentle with each other. Ego's can be easily bruised, and there is seldom good reason for doing so.
Last edited by Observe on Sat, 5. Feb 11, 00:42, edited 2 times in total.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 00:14

@Wolfwaffe

I see that your imagination is small as your respect to this mod.
Wolfwaffe wrote:Hmmm... so my comrade player from Russia gave me some... "features" of mod. Xplain those please.
I see that you have a problem with that that they come from Russia.You are full of prejudice.

They have spent a lot of time building this mod and at least you should respect that.If you don't like the mod DON"T PLAY IT.
Last edited by Idea on Sat, 5. Feb 11, 01:40, edited 2 times in total.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 01:35

Idea wrote:@Wolfwaffe

I see that you imagination is small as your respect to this mod.
Wolfwaffe wrote:Hmmm... so my comrade player from Russia gave me some... "features" of mod. Xplain those please.
I see that you have a problem with that that they come from Russia.You a full of prejudice.

They have spent a lot of time building this mod and at least you should respect that.If you don't like the mod DON"T PLAY IT.
My sentiments exactly. @ Wolfwaffe "If you no like than no play hey :P "
This mod is great. I even have the Super Star Destroyer and some Imperial Star Destroyers added. Now for some serious exploring and combat when I come accros it.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Wolfwaffe
x4

Post by Wolfwaffe » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 03:08

Observe wrote:I am not a moderator - otherwise I would make a "moderator comment" here.
Hmm... this is so familiar... If someone doesn't agree with masses, he must be eliminated, aye? No man - no problem ©
Observe wrote:Neither am I familiar with this mod, but my guess is these guys have put a lot of effort into it, and the least they deserve is common respect as members of this close-knit community.

Regardless of the quality (which I am not able to address since I have not looked at it), putting together something like this takes dedication to the hobby.
So what do you do if you see potentially good mod but with some annoying oddities? ...Don't know about you, but i want them being fixed.

so what shall i do? maybe i should point on it? Aight.

or shall i say "Everything is amazing!!!111" so in next version i will get all the same i had before?

The mistakes and errors must be pointed on. Otherwise they will never be fixed. People who ignore their mistakes are for no good.

You know how authors first motivated their unwilling to change plot lines? "Why to change? nobody cares. People eatin'".*
Right. All you guys need are loads of new ships, and the plots are just something for getting even more ships. Probably if someone will make a mod with hundreds of new ships and put button accordion shooting cranberries and say that it's primary weapon of Kha'ak, you'll eat it too. You know, new ships! :lol:
DarthVain wrote:This mod is great. I even have the Super Star Destroyer and some Imperial Star Destroyers added. Now for some serious exploring and combat when I come accros it.
Proves my words.

Talking about respect to the authors, some of them i can say i respect; the new music is nice, and new ships like this, this, this, this and this are great (but the one who put on argon M2L world "Alpinist", well, didn't thought too well. Same with "Case" on pirate M6, but it doesn't hurt eyes to much), and new sector backgrounds simply astonishing.
Observe wrote:Please be gentle with each other. Ego's can be easily bruised, and there is seldom good reason for doing so.
You're wrong. no, you're right partially, but currently we talk about what in Russia, we call "The Feeling Of Own Importance".
Idea wrote:I see that you have a problem with that that they come from Russia.You are full of prejudice.

They have spent a lot of time building this mod and at least you should respect that.

If you don't like the mod DON"T PLAY IT.
Aaalright. You've got the hang of me. You see, i am Russian myself. So nothing against other Russians. Furthermore, i was the one of those who observed how this turned from something interesting into load of nonsense. I also observed another interesting-looking mod being ruined because of ignorance of its authors.

Don't get me wrong - i do not HATE T.O.T.T. I want it be better. Our [x3tc.ru, since i revealed myself] community want it to be better. That's why i point on mistakes. Yes, i may point on them in a harsh manner, but it's because most people will only improve if they will feel pain in the rear hemisphere. But mod authors seems to be as ignorant as the ones from ruined mod. They take our advises as trolling :|

* Thier current evasion is that their sound director left, and they don't want to re-sound and re-script the plot.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 03:30

Its not the bugs or problems you have found but the way you are saying it, and as a mod author (along with Observe) I would not like the way you are posting if this was one of my mods.
Wolfwaffe wrote: So what do you do if you see potentially good mod but with some annoying oddities? ...Don't know about you, but i want them being fixed.

so what shall i do? maybe i should point on it? Aight.

or shall i say "Everything is amazing!!!111" so in next version i will get all the same i had before?

The mistakes and errors must be pointed on. Otherwise they will never be fixed. People who ignore their mistakes are for no good.
No one is asking for ever post to be "Everything is amazing!!!111" in fact most of us want more feedback so we can improve and fix bugs, what we don't like is people demanding stuff.

Wolfwaffe wrote: Right. All you guys need are loads of new ships, and the plots are just something for getting even more ships. Probably if someone will make a mod with hundreds of new ships and put button accordion shooting cranberries and say that it's primary weapon of Kha'ak, you'll eat it too. You know, new ships!
Now this is amusing, one of the people you quoted is not known for creating mass ships, ever ship has to have a reason to be included. And missions that are created are used to tell a story (a 3 parter) not for random "new ship here you go" missions.

You need to remember this is created in the modders own time, they owe you nothing and never have done. Demanding stuff to be changed is not the best way to get things changed, even more so as its there mod and there vision. If you do not agree with there choices change the mod your self, or create your own mod.

So many people seem to think creating a mod is a 5 min process, not the 100 of hours/days or weeks that some take, and I am sure this one falls into the days/weeks time scale. With missions being one of the longest and hardest parts. Even more so with the number of people able to make missions barely higher than double figures.

* Wishes it would go back to X3 days where people leant modding and didn't demand the world from part time modders*

Wolfwaffe
x4

Post by Wolfwaffe » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 19:41

Yeah, and books must be critiqued only by writers, films - by directors and music by composers.
killerog wrote:Its not the bugs or problems you have found but the way you are saying it, and as a mod author (along with Observe) I would not like the way you are posting if this was one of my mods.
As i said, the this mod's authors will only work if they will feel pain in rear hemisphere.

killerog wrote:No one is asking for ever post to be "Everything is amazing!!!111" in fact most of us want more feedback so we can improve and fix bugs, what we don't like is people demanding stuff.
And if i ask nicely, will they agree to redo the plot lines and mod concept to more close one to the universe origins?
killerog wrote:You need to remember this is created in the modders own time, they owe you nothing and never have done. Demanding stuff to be changed is not the best way to get things changed, even more so as its there mod and there vision. If you do not agree with there choices change the mod your self, or create your own mod.
Say, if someone will give you a bucket of 3-year old soup and tell you to eat it because it's free, what will you do?.. Let's respect not because it's free or done in spare time, but the way it's done? If it's done good - well done, boy. If it's done bad - go redo it.
killerog wrote:So many people seem to think creating a mod is a 5 min process, not the 100 of hours/days or weeks that some take, and I am sure this one falls into the days/weeks time scale. With missions being one of the longest and hardest parts. Even more so with the number of people able to make missions barely higher than double figures.
You know, i'm a modder myself, i once had a mod project for HL, SotS, cockpit-mod for X3TC (which is suspended)...
killerog wrote:* Wishes it would go back to X3 days where people leant modding and didn't demand the world from part time modders*
I do not demand world from modders.

Someone said i have lack of fantasy, so...
As we all know, the Ancients re-routed gate network in order to lock Terran in sort of enclave, because they [ancients] considered Terran as aggressive race. Why did they locked them in? 'Cause they are pacifists.
Now look at Ancients in this mod. they send their drones (the fallen; explained in mod plot, which is awfully buggy and doesn't work half of the times alright) to destroy commonwealth sectors. Pacifistic, aye? if they were THAT pacifistic, why won't they just go and wipe out Terran for good as soon as they have build their first gates?

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 20:16

Wolfwaffe wrote: And if i ask nicely, will they agree to redo the plot lines and mod concept to more close one to the universe origins?
You diden't even try to be nice so don't be sarcastic.
Wolfwaffe wrote: Say, if someone will give you a bucket of 3-year old soup and tell you to eat it because it's free, what will you do?.. Let's respect not because it's free or done in spare time, but the way it's done? If it's done good - well done, boy. If it's done bad - go redo it.
They diden't give you the bucket, it stood on the table and you could choose if you want or don't won't to eat it.That's the fact.No one force you to eat it.
Wolfwaffe wrote: You know, i'm a modder myself, i once had a mod project for HL, SotS, cockpit-mod for X3TC (which is suspended)...
I realy would like to see you finish your cockpit mod or any other for X3TC so that I can grade your work in the same mater you did here.Then I belive you would appreciate more gentler words.

Everyone here is free like a bird and they have full freedom to mod how they see fit.If you don't like it you say it so and begone.Don't come back saying that negative critics helps.You say it's full of bugs.POST THEM.That's way community serves for.To help each other.I see you are quite eager to make this mod beter, so WHAT help did you offer to TOTT team except negative comments?

Maddox65

Post by Maddox65 » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 20:18

Amazing mod guys.Thankyou for your time and patience.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 20:20

1) it is more likely if you ask nicely (and im not a nicey nicey person) lol

2) i think you ve eated 2 much 3 year old soup lol

:D:D:D:D

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 20:23

i have some constructive critism about the UI. its all good exept for the N,E,S,W gate icons in the sector map view.they seem to me a bit unclear.

also the betty voice you use for new sectors can it not be changed to english with out an actor?

Wolfwaffe
x4

Post by Wolfwaffe » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 20:57

Idea wrote:You diden't even try to be nice so don't be sarcastic.
When we were nice and non-sarcastic, we got this.

Translating (Google translator version):
Groundwalker wrote:Now i am sure that we've created a Classics! If not for couple of yapping loosers, who even didn't see the mod, it doesn't worth being sad. And now all on its places: outstanding mod, lots of exalted reviews, B.Lehan waits for our mod release... and three lapdogs.

So, the most important bug for team to fix now is:
PLOT FREEZE. Half of the times plot just stops. Like after picking up goner survivor and going into Red Light to report, you enter Red Light and nothing happens at all. (Actually Argon ships there supposed to attack you). or when you enter Okrakoke's Storm and Goner supposed to say where to fly next, but again nothing happens. I suppose it happens like this because ALL plots are written not in MD-scrips, but in simple scripts. like the ones you create using "Thereshallbewings" script editor.
dougeye wrote:also the betty voice you use for new sectors can it not be changed to english with out an actor?
Nope. There is NO English sound file in this mod.

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 21:13

dougeye wrote: also the betty voice you use for new sectors can it not be changed to english with out an actor?
We would love to voice everything in english, but english-speaking actors are very hard to find...It's a real pity.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 21:55

oh rite my bad i played for a couple of hours yesterday and thought the russian bird that announces new sectors was a type and talk program :S lol my bad.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 21:56

Wolfwaffe wrote: So, the most important bug for team to fix now is:
PLOT FREEZE. Half of the times plot just stops. Like after picking up goner survivor and going into Red Light to report, you enter Red Light and nothing happens at all. (Actually Argon ships there supposed to attack you). or when you enter Okrakoke's Storm and Goner supposed to say where to fly next, but again nothing happens. I suppose it happens like this because ALL plots are written not in MD-scrips, but in simple scripts. like the ones you create using "Thereshallbewings" script editor.
Now that is the 'bug' but in my case argon ships did attack me, so the are probably others things that can interfere.So what if the plots are writen in script language?There are very few people capable to code in MD language.There also a lack of tutorials in MD coding.XTC is gona release a full plot story in MD language in 6 or more months and they are working on the mod for over two years.

About 'Classic', the time will tell not they if a 'Classic' is created.They are a litlle too confident in themselfs.
Groundwalker wrote:
dougeye wrote: also the betty voice you use for new sectors can it not be changed to english with out an actor?
We would love to voice everything in english, but english-speaking actors are very hard to find...It's a real pity.
Now realy, there is absolutely no one in English forum that would give a voice?Just voice no voice editing.
Does no one in your team speek English?I must say it would be a great ice breaking if you would do the plots in English as that would make the mod more attractive to users of English forum for sure.

Groundwalker

Post by Groundwalker » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 22:08

Idea wrote: Now realy, there is absolutely no one in English forum that would give a voice?
This matter is being discussed within our team now, which has only two english-speaking persons - me and Armakessilon...

"About 'Classic', the time will tell not they if a 'Classic' is created.They are a litlle too confident in themselfs."

It's not an overrated confidence - it was just a reply on their outrages (Wolfwaffe knows well, what I'm talking about).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”