[Jobs] SRM[8/6] and Xtra[20/4]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 09:30

spectre this is a known problem and is why i am waiting for another fix. the author of the mod recognised in another thread that there is a mistake in the unleashed no civs version and is fixing it. just patience for now :)
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 16:57

Xtra Jobs updated.

Spectre01:

There's no errors in the SRM version, so my guess is that the number of Jobs hasn't gone up much since the previous version. Just another hundred and fifty new ships flying around. You wouldn't happen to have added anything else, would you?

Goncyn
x4

Post by Goncyn » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 17:21

Is about 10k scripts running unusual? I have been having performance problems, too, and my game has about 10k scripts running. Is there something I can do to evaluate whether there is a problem?

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 17:32

Well, the way I fixed my problem is that I took an empty job file to make all the ships in the universe nameless. And use that remove nameless ship script to remove every ship in the universe. Then put in the 3.5 SRM-unleashed no civ job file. Seems to fix it. Now the running scripts are hover around 8.5k and my performance is more more stable.

I think when I updated from 3.3 to 3.4 job file, there's some job pile up that created some unnessasary jobs thus the running script went up thousands.

Hope to see the next updated version with more unnessasary jobs cut down :D

Firewrath
x3tc

Re: [Jobs + Script] SRM[11/1] and Xtra Jobs[13/01], Enhanced Equipment Spawner[11/1]

Post by Firewrath » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 11:20

vkerinav wrote: The Enhanced Equipment Spawner is a script to improve ship loadouts. It is activated on Jobs ships as they are spawned, are removes vanilla-spawned tunings, shields, weapons and missiles, replacing them with an improved variety.
I've a quick question here,
people have been looking for a way to equip ships in game without having to go through and do each ship 'by hand' so to speak,

im curious,
would it be possible to some how run this script on a ship you want equipped or a 'tender' to equip ships for you?
i know its not writen to do that, but i mean more 'in theory',

vkerinav
x3ap

Re: [Jobs + Script] SRM[11/1] and Xtra Jobs[13/01], Enhanced Equipment Spawner[11/1]

Post by vkerinav » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 15:29

Firewrath wrote:I've a quick question here,
people have been looking for a way to equip ships in game without having to go through and do each ship 'by hand' so to speak,

im curious,
would it be possible to some how run this script on a ship you want equipped or a 'tender' to equip ships for you?
i know its not writen to do that, but i mean more 'in theory',
Possible, yes. However, what you're looking for already exists. Try CODEA. I believe there are a few other options out there as well.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 19:17

How many version of Litcube's EES are there now, and who's modified them?

There's two minor but important things that need to be fixed with 3 lines of code. Once I get the different versions, I'll change them.

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 22:23

Just the one. All of Griffiths' changes have been incorporated into it.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 22:35

Cool. I just took a look, and actually Roger has made the modification already (which was to add a check to skip adding a laser if it couldn't find one, resulting in a null ware).

The other suggestion I'd have is removing boarding pods from NPC ships, or reducing their number. It'd treated as a missile currently, like all other missiles.

Neither is critical.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 22:39

Also, I noticed the flags are removed from Lib.Gen.EquipShip. Those flags were useful because the script can be used, and should be used, for specific spawns of AL plugin scripts that require special circumstances (no arial guns, no beams, etc.). It doesn't take away from the package you have now to keep them in there, but it does add functionality for non-jobs related ship spawning, especially as I've seen the request for a script like this in other forum topic.

No biggy. Just a thought.

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Tue, 18. Jan 11, 00:14

With missile spawning also using a priorities list, and boarding pods absent from it, they shouldn't be spawned at all.

As for the flags, Griffiths only removed them because he didn't think they were necessary. If someone else can see a use for them, they should certainly be put back in.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Tue, 18. Jan 11, 00:32

Hi im using the latest XTra pack from Cadius with your latest Jobs pack (no civs)........using CMOD and the new trails pack.

Noticed two possible errors....

1 Their are no Teladi Pteranodon Heavy Battleships to be found anywhere....but their are a large number of Teladi Military Mammoths in Teladi core sectors.......!!!

2 Their are no Odysseus to be found anywhere.....but their are often 2-3 or more Zeus in most core paranid sectors..

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Tue, 18. Jan 11, 17:32

Sn4kemaster wrote:1 Their are no Teladi Pteranodon Heavy Battleships to be found anywhere....but their are a large number of Teladi Military Mammoths in Teladi core sectors.......!!!

2 Their are no Odysseus to be found anywhere.....but their are often 2-3 or more Zeus in most core paranid sectors..
1-- Yes, there are. Two of them. I've increased the number to five. The Mammoths were another issue entirely, which has been fixed.

2-- Oops. Odysseus entries had the M1 flag set. Fixed. SRM version had the same problem.

Both versions have been updated.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 18. Jan 11, 22:00

vkerinav wrote:With missile spawning also using a priorities list, and boarding pods absent from it, they shouldn't be spawned at all.
This is correct, if you are getting ships being spawned with boarding pods then the likelyhood is they are being spawned by the Mission Director.
vkerinav wrote:As for the flags, Griffiths only removed them because he didn't think they were necessary. If someone else can see a use for them, they should certainly be put back in.
Those flags are only useful in the current setup if you hardcode weapon types which means a different version of EES for each weapon mod potentially.

A possible alternate and more flexible solution would be to add a laser sub-type mapping table (with it's own page) and use an integer mask with some nominal default settings for what each bit means (e.g. bit 0 = Beam, bit 1 = Area Affect, bit 2 = Ignore Shields, etc).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 18. Jan 11, 22:52

@Roger

You're absolutely right about the hardcoded thing. If you had to write EESs for each mod, you'd come across that. It's a valid point.

It's too bad there's no reference in game for TLaser bit flags like there is for missiles.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 21:47

Does this work with "No civilians" mod?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 12:17

mr.WHO wrote:Does this work with "No civilians" mod?
This includes a variant of the "No civilians" mod.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 12:20

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
vkerinav wrote:As for the flags, Griffiths only removed them because he didn't think they were necessary. If someone else can see a use for them, they should certainly be put back in.
Those flags are only useful in the current setup if you hardcode weapon types which means a different version of EES for each weapon mod potentially.

A possible alternate and more flexible solution would be to add a laser sub-type mapping table (with it's own page) and use an integer mask with some nominal default settings for what each bit means (e.g. bit 0 = Beam, bit 1 = Area Affect, bit 2 = Ignore Shields, etc).
I just had a thought... perhaps one option would be to look at the MARS configuration file(s) and see if they could be used for EES "as is", at least that way we could avoid potentially unnecessary usage of additional text pages.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 16:17

I tested this mod and here is my feedback:
- I can't find ATF Valhalla, is it spawned? if not then there should be one, posibly at TUS3 as it's the closes to Xenon sector.
- It looks like no ATF Kvasir class is spawned, USC cruisers are spawned pretty well.
- from jobs I see that there should be a Lofn spawned attacking Xenons, where I can find it?
- No Aomori spawned so far.
- is the are some Longswords (both mk.1 and mk.2) ? It would be good to have some number of those roaming Pirate sectors.
- It would be fun to have another Xenon Z task force migrating between Xenon sectors.
- Some Xenon C migrations would be fun too.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 22:09

mr.WHO wrote:I tested this mod and here is my feedback:
- I can't find ATF Valhalla, is it spawned? if not then there should be one, posibly at TUS3 as it's the closes to Xenon sector.
- It looks like no ATF Kvasir class is spawned, USC cruisers are spawned pretty well.
- from jobs I see that there should be a Lofn spawned attacking Xenons, where I can find it?
- No Aomori spawned so far.
- is the are some Longswords (both mk.1 and mk.2) ? It would be good to have some number of those roaming Pirate sectors.
- It would be fun to have another Xenon Z task force migrating between Xenon sectors.
- Some Xenon C migrations would be fun too.
All those ships are in the game, ive used the cheat script to drop satellites in every sector and you normally find the following at the start of a new game.....

The Valhalla is only ever found in one sector, the sector it should be.......Moon sector, its the last line of defense of the earth.

Kvasir's normally are found in the last Terran UN sector there is normally a large ATF battle group there...also the sector below the Asteroid belt has 1......

I have seen Longswords around too........

********* In fact the only ships i still haven't seen are the Teladi Pteranodon (this is after the latest version) and Verdandi Sentinals.......which is a shame as they both are great ships*********

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”