X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 19:34

Was just about to come on the S&M forum and ask for some recommended mod/scripts to make the X-Universe more interesting.

Then i saw this.
From the You Tube Trailer, I'm excited like its Terran Conflict 2 or something...

Will be downloading now via torrent, and I'll try to seed as long as i can before BT gives up on me...

Thanks for this guys, completely revolutionized my X-mas holiday!
(Slight pun intended :D )
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 19:35

herocrafter wrote:Getting my thrusters warmed up w/ the Split start: A new battleground. When choosing starts this is described as difficult but in the config. menu its showing as normal. I take it all starts are started at normal level and its up to the user to make the adjustment in the config. menu?

lovin' it, btw.
Yes. It being adjustable on the fly is the great thing about our Difficulty System. Besides it having an actual effect on gameplay, of course, as opposed to the difficulty shown in the gamestarts ^^

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 19:36

Is there at technical support/bug reporting thread somewhere out there yet?

I just ran into an Akurei that only had an engine and turrets.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 19:38

KloHunt3r wrote:Is there at technical support/bug reporting thread somewhere out there yet?

I just ran into an Akurei that only had an engine and turrets.
Read the first post, please. ;)

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 19:41

I am going to install tonight. I think I'll treat myself by playing on the big screen and stand for most of the evening pointing at the eye candy and slathering a bit.

Hope plenty of people start putting up their XTC screenshots on the relevent thread.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:00

GDI-BOSS wrote:when i start a game my ship dont have ANY equipement..not shields..no seta..lol nothing in my ship
When i eject of my ship terrans come in massive fleet and destroy my ship all times..why?
And which game start do you use? It isn't that there's only one start option. ;)

AV

Forked
x4

Post by Forked » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:03

I miss my repair laser :oops:

PhYoshi
x3ap

Post by PhYoshi » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:04

Am I meant to have an IRE instead of a repair laser in my spacesuit?
I mean, I can understand removing the free, easy repairs - but if you think I'm going to fight in this thing, you're wrong :P

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:05

I start an argon and terran..
in the 2 start same..no shields..no seta..nothing in my ship..and bad terrans when eject of my ship XD

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:05

PhYoshi wrote:Am I meant to have an IRE instead of a repair laser in my spacesuit?
I mean, I can understand removing the free, easy repairs - but if you think I'm going to fight in this thing, you're wrong :P
Well, that could be a nice idea for a new XTreme-start in future patches :P

PhYoshi
x3ap

Post by PhYoshi » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:07

Haha, alright, now THAT I would play for the novelty value. Give it a SETA and trading system extension too and you could maybe actually survive and buy yourself a ship!

stemardue
x3tc

Post by stemardue » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:07

GDI-BOSS wrote:when i start a game my ship dont have ANY equipement..not shields..no seta..lol nothing in my ship
When i eject of my ship terrans come in massive fleet and destroy my ship all times..why?
We'll be happy to reply to this and similar questions at our forums (please follow the links in the first post), but please be a bit more precise in describing your problem: which start? did you install the mod on a clean X3TC installation, updated to version 3.0? Are you using any other mods/scripts?...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:14

Here is the part I really don't like the XTC way - combat missions:

1 -I can uderstand nearly non-existant payment
2 -I can uderstand very low notiriety rise

What I can't uderstand:
3 - Why, when I have a defend sector mission in one station, they tell me to go patrol other sector several jumps away - wouldn't be more resonable to have it vanilla way where we have a defence mission in same sector (or 1 jump near) as the guy how ask for our help?
4 - Why in the name of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost do I have to fly (several sectors :evil: again) back to report to guy that the job is done?

I'm aware that in vanilla TC those missions very too easy and fast money, but I thought that points 1 and 2 very enought to ballance this :(

Points 3 and 4 does nothing besided pointless flying that elongate whole mission in very cheap and anoying way.

P.S I had greate offer from one of the NPC. He offered me a Rapier for 400'000. Brand new Rapier, frech from shipyard cost 30'000. WFT? Is it intended?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:17

So how does one repair ships ? At the shipyard like in X3R?

Boronshark
x4

Post by Boronshark » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:21

Two words:

Kick ASS

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:27

mr.WHO wrote:Here is the part I really don't like the XTC way - combat missions:

1 -I can uderstand nearly non-existant payment
2 -I can uderstand very low notiriety rise

What I can't uderstand:
3 - Why, when I have a defend sector mission in one station, they tell me to go patrol other sector several jumps away - wouldn't be more resonable to have it vanilla way where we have a defence mission in same sector (or 1 jump near) as the guy how ask for our help?
4 - Why in the name of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost do I have to fly (several sectors :evil: again) back to report to guy that the job is done?

I'm aware that in vanilla TC those missions very too easy and fast money, but I thought that points 1 and 2 very enought to ballance this :(

Points 3 and 4 does nothing besided pointless flying that elongate whole mission in very cheap and anoying way.

P.S I had greate offer from one of the NPC. He offered me a Rapier for 400'000. Brand new Rapier, frech from shipyard cost 30'000. WFT? Is it intended?
Defend Sector Mission.
That's simply one of the new missions. It works that way. Whether you like it or not is personal opinion, don't like it, don't accept it. ;)

That Rapier most likely had a lot of equipment on board. Or was sold by someone who wanted to trick the buyers. ;)
VincentTH wrote:So how does one repair ships ? At the shipyard like in X3R?
Shocking, isn't it? :P

Alternative is the Repair Service available over the GNS.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:35

There is of course the obvious workaround to the "absence" of the Space Suit repair laser... you could simply mod it back in ;)

Alternatively, when I release my XWRM mod, I am considering adding something akin to the MarineRepairs script (after using the existing MarineRepairs script I felt it was a little too effective)
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Obi1k
x4

Post by Obi1k » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:36

Don't know if it's intended. North gate of Aspiring Hope leads to North gate of Aspiring Hope.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:39

IRE's are fun though.
I'm off to take on a wing of M5's in my space suit :D

@Obi1k:
That is an unconnected gate.
As the universe expands this gate will lead to something else, enjoy the sectors that are opened atm and keep checking the BBS for updates on the expansion. Also if you have discovered a gate that isnt connected yet you will notice on the universe map it doesnt have a little line showing you where it leads... once its connected it does (Quick way to check if new sectors have opened up).

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:39

VincentTH wrote:So how does one repair ships ? At the shipyard like in X3R?
At a shipyard, or use the Teladi-Repair-Service in the GNS... however, both ways are expensive, thus you probably cannot afford this early in game (at least I can't in my game ;) )

[EDIT:] snap :oops:
Last edited by Trickmov on Mon, 20. Dec 10, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”