X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by Axeface » Tue, 21. May 19, 16:17

steve_v wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 12:34
Axeface wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 21:53
Would appreciate anyone that tests the download. Especially regarding the turret fix.
So far (@6-14) everything, (with the exception of the issues I posted previously against the TC version) is working nicely. Turrets included. :) Thanks for the upload, it saved me considerable time.

Since you mention that you were/are a team member, perhaps you could answer a couple quick questions?

*) Do you know if the two problems mentioned by dizzy here - readtext errors in old saves (may be related to the problem I reported with "defend sector" missions) and boarding abandoned ships tanking "Neutral Race" reputation - were ever solved?
Ed. "Neutral Race" problem is still a thing, not sure about the other.
*) Are the "Secret Service" ships involved in the paranid plot supposed to be red and belong to the ATF? It seems pretty strange that they would be, but there they are tanking my (positive) terran rep... Friend-foe updates in general do seem a little flaky.

On a semi-related note, the paranid & argon plots have asked me to dock at stations that I don't have docking clearance for - Is this intended?

Noobcybot wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 16:55
In fact, when i try to deploy the kit, there's no stations to choose, also, when the hangar is deployed, there's no tubes between the hangar and the stations.

I bought 2 xxl solar stations from teladi, and i tried to connect them in the 900% teladi sector. However the same problem persists.
It doesn't help you, but for an additional data-point complex construction is working just fine for me. The new XXL stations too.
Thanks, im glad the download helped someone and thanks for the clarification about turrets, that one had me worried.
As for your problem, I was/ just a lowly modeller, everything else I have no knowledge about im afraid sorry (wish I did, I think the mod can be packaged much more neatly but im really not sure how the file structure works).
Im playing the mod currently too, if I see any of the bugs you mention i'll post here.

steve_v
x4

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by steve_v » Wed, 22. May 19, 08:04

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 16:17
I was/ just a lowly modeller
Dunno about lowly, some of those models look pretty sweet. :P
Axeface wrote:
Im playing the mod currently too, if I see any of the bugs you mention i'll post here.
Cool. Even if they can't be fixed, a confirmation/not will still be useful in compiling a frustration-reducing "known issues" list.

I was going to have a crack at a quick & dirty AL plugin workaround for keeping "Neutral Race" neutral, but I'm having a little dead-link trouble finding scripting tutorials/information... and more than a little horror upon realising that scripts are written in *shudder* MSCI.
A working link to the file mentioned here would be very handy, if anyone managed to grab it before it vanished.

I know thie game is old now, but the amount of bitrot on this forum and the number of forever-lost or never-finished mods is pretty depressing.
Anything hosted at thexuniverse.com is particularly troublesome, as that site's registration form has been broken for years. I'd be interested in obtaining the "hotfix" listed here as well - I'm finding the boarding transporter to be rather hit-and-miss and I suspect tracking the changes to that script would be useful in figuring out why.

I don't suppose XTC is under some kind of version-control or has a central repository like a sensible project? Too much to hope for? Tracking down patches and random code-snippets on half-dead forums is infuriating.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, I love this mod and I'd really like to try sorting out some of the issues that I have encountered... Learning a new language I can probably do, but I'm kinda screwed if I can't get the documentation or source-files I need.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 25. May 19, 15:53

steve_v wrote:
Wed, 22. May 19, 08:04
A working link to the file mentioned here would be very handy, if anyone managed to grab it before it vanished.
Grabbed, uploaded to xdownloads and download link added to opening post of linked thread.
The MSCI handbook also has a section about AL Plugins.
Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend and Nopileos as Kindle e-books! (NOW also available: X3: Yoshiko!)

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 26. May 19, 08:41

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 15:53
Grabbed, uploaded to xdownloads and download link added to opening post of linked thread.
Dude, you're awesome. :mrgreen:

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 26. May 19, 10:28

I'm still finding Khaak beam weapons to be a single-digit-FPS slideshow. :(
For anyone with the same problem, converting all the beams to standard projectiles with X3 Customizer works nicely. Prebaked for the lazy, YMMV.

Perkel
xr

Post by Perkel » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 21:13

Axeface wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 06:04
No probs. If anyone wants to be credited for a specific thing like the hotfixes and patches (theres quite a few of them and im not sure who did what) please let me know via pm and i'll add them.

Regarding the 'turret bug'.
Could it be as simple as a spelling mistake with the script files?
There are 2 scripts that I noticed are spelled incorrectly, "!turret.killcaptials.adv.pck" and "!turret.killcaptials.std.pck". Shouldnt that be 'killcapitals'?
Wrote in comments there but i will write here as well.
Amazing that there is good repo now on nexus.

Imho it would be even better if X-Tended would get Litecube bounce script integrated to fix those AI problems where stuff just bashes into everything.

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 04:23

I think it's fair to say that this is easily one of the most influential mods out there, easily in the top 3 for TC/AP.

I have a request. Specifically, I am here to ask for permission. For private use, in a non-Xtended-TC session of Albion Prelude I'm running, I've decided to "port over" the station models and scene files and make them usable in the vanilla game, for the sake of X-Universe-race-diversity - and some ingenius models, they are. My TFactories/TDocks is otherwise vanilla as heck.
Would you permit me to spread this as a sort of "standalone" mod with due credit to the hard-working modellers and other content creators? I am sure others would be interested in this - though I would also understand if you would be rather against it.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 25. Aug 19, 03:01

Herman2000 wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 04:23
I think it's fair to say that this is easily one of the most influential mods out there, easily in the top 3 for TC/AP.

I have a request. Specifically, I am here to ask for permission. For private use, in a non-Xtended-TC session of Albion Prelude I'm running, I've decided to "port over" the station models and scene files and make them usable in the vanilla game, for the sake of X-Universe-race-diversity - and some ingenius models, they are. My TFactories/TDocks is otherwise vanilla as heck.
Would you permit me to spread this as a sort of "standalone" mod with due credit to the hard-working modellers and other content creators? I am sure others would be interested in this - though I would also understand if you would be rather against it.
The race specific stations were a massive undertaking, I cant even imagine the amount of hours that went into it. I personally wouldnt mind, but I cant speak for the people that were behind the majority of the work I was only a small part of it. I'de suggest you wait for replies from a few more team members before posting the port.

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Sun, 25. Aug 19, 03:08

Rest assured, I would never have operated under the assumption, "no response = it's probably gonna be fine". I would never want to devalue the huge amount of obvious, visible effort that went into these models and scene-collections by such ignorance. Only when I have the "OK" will I share that content at all.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 5. Sep 19, 23:35

Herman2000 wrote:
Sun, 25. Aug 19, 03:08
I'm not ok with yanking the models out of the mod. It's like cherry picking the cream of the crop and "respectfully" kicking the rest away like a rotten something. Porting the vanilla map to XTC instead of XTC content into vanilla i would be ok with. Even though the universe and everything to go with it was a large piece of work, at least that way the rest stays intact - and i can see why the vanilla universe has some gameplay intrigue to it (other than nostalgia) - the sector clusters vanilla are not as monochromatic in the way XTC sectors are ("all of south west corner = teladi, all of south = paranid etc"). Vanilla has a bit more variety as far as ownership is concerned. Though i mean, it should be easy to also mix it up in XTC galaxy by a bit of galaxy editor work as well.

If you just are after the more "homely" feeling of vanilla (aka smaller sectors), have a look at the "cozy universe" modification i made for xtc. I found it a much more enjoyable experience - with a lot more things going on (due to traffic density increasing).
steve_v wrote:
Wed, 22. May 19, 08:04
I know thie game is old now, but the amount of bitrot on this forum and the number of forever-lost or never-finished mods is pretty depressing.
Anything hosted at thexuniverse.com is particularly troublesome, as that site's registration form has been broken for years. I'd be interested in obtaining the "hotfix" listed here as well - I'm finding the boarding transporter to be rather hit-and-miss and I suspect tracking the changes to that script would be useful in figuring out why.

I don't suppose XTC is under some kind of version-control or has a central repository like a sensible project? Too much to hope for? Tracking down patches and random code-snippets on half-dead forums is infuriating.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, I love this mod and I'd really like to try sorting out some of the issues that I have encountered... Learning a new language I can probably do, but I'm kinda screwed if I can't get the documentation or source-files I need.
Sorry for late answer, but on the off chance you are still trying /searching, let me know. Yes, we had a repository (version control) back in the day when development was still running, but it was private and is no longer running. Main Versions where actually made with an installer, and nobody was around to make them anymore at some point. Plus uploading large files was an issue.

I have all the loose files still (to the best of my knowledge), so if you need anything in particular/ have a question, you can ask me (quote me so its harder to miss for me).
The neutral race thing is a bit... botched i must admit. There just are not enough "normal" races to allow Aldrin to be a regularly working faction, so our guys did some "hacks" to get their reputation to work. Personally, if i had to decide, i would have left Aldrin out completely - too many issues with race reputation and they are only implemented haphazardly. Plus there's some hardcoded features from TC/AP, i think (ATF reputation with hardcoded linkage to terran reputation - or something like that). ATF race is used for Aldrin actually if memory serves right (reputation is scripted, because it doesnt work normally).
XTC Mod Team Veteran. My current work:

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 01:55

Killjaeden wrote:
Thu, 5. Sep 19, 23:35
I'm not ok with yanking the models out of the mod. It's like cherry picking the cream of the crop and "respectfully" kicking the rest away like a rotten something. Porting the vanilla map to XTC instead of XTC content into vanilla i would be ok with. Even though the universe and everything to go with it was a large piece of work, at least that way the rest stays intact - and i can see why the vanilla universe has some gameplay intrigue to it (other than nostalgia) - the sector clusters vanilla are not as monochromatic in the way XTC sectors are ("all of south west corner = teladi, all of south = paranid etc"). Vanilla has a bit more variety as far as ownership is concerned. Though i mean, it should be easy to also mix it up in XTC galaxy by a bit of galaxy editor work as well.

If you just are after the more "homely" feeling of vanilla (aka smaller sectors), have a look at the "cozy universe" modification i made for xtc. I found it a much more enjoyable experience - with a lot more things going on (due to traffic density increasing).
I shall respect this decision henceforth, and not distribute the modification to anyone whatsoever.

With that being said, while I love the particular feature, to me, personally, that which I have seen out of X-Tended feels too much of a deviation as a whole - things are just changed up a whole, economically and otherwise, and a whole lot of that, as to make it seem like it may just as well be a thing of its own. The remainder of the feature list doesn't really elicit excitement from me personally - which is not to say the team didn't do an amazing job. It's just not a job that appeals to me, personally.
Sorry if that response seems like an affront or otherwise not like what you expected to hear. It's just how I feel. (And for what it's worth, it's how I feel about a lot of the big-name mods out there.)
Although, I'd also not exactly call vanilla X³ sectors "cozy" or "homely" - for that, even they are far too huge. X², now, there's where coziness lies.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 17:54

Herman2000 wrote:
Fri, 6. Sep 19, 01:55
that which I have seen out of X-Tended feels too much of a deviation as a whole - things are just changed up a whole, economically and otherwise, and a whole lot of that, as to make it seem like it may just as well be a thing of its own.
The only significant difference is that you dont get showered in reputation and money for doing a hand full of missions (so it's more in line with Reunion than TC/AP) . Other than this and having a different map and a better rounded ship/combat balance (more like cmod than vanilla) there is not much difference in gameplay otherwise. All the other features are "on top" and won't affect gameplay if you dont want to use them. Did you give it a chance, or did you just read the feature list ?

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 20:45

Killjaeden wrote:
Fri, 6. Sep 19, 17:54
The only significant difference is that you dont get showered in reputation and money for doing a hand full of missions (so it's more in line with Reunion than TC/AP) . Other than this and having a different map and a better rounded ship/combat balance (more like cmod than vanilla) there is not much difference in gameplay otherwise. All the other features are "on top" and won't affect gameplay if you dont want to use them. Did you give it a chance, or did you just read the feature list ?
I mean, I personally haven't seen much need for balancing changes as such, but then, pretty much since X-Tension, I've been a trade player at heart. :B That being said, actually _delving_ into X-Tended is somewhere on my far-off to-do-list, but as it is, I've got two X runs (X² with an Xuniversewizard-ed universe, and X³: AP Vanilla-except-visuals-and-my-own-sh*tty-in-progress-modding-crap), and the occasional modding I'm dabbling into, going on already, when I am not busy with, well, work.
That's not to say I don't respect the work that went into it, regardless. Particularly balancing a completely new map must, by itself, have been a massive undertaking and one I am not sure I could really have stayed on top of myself to any meaningful capacity. (While I do put work into the Galaxy, it's mostly to look at the pretty combinations of colors, nebulae, suns and planets I can clank together :goner: )

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 22:46

Axeface wrote:
Hi Axe, you could add the statistics data sheets to the nexus - i cleaned them up a little + made pdf's of them https://www.dropbox.com/s/c33yhyce0iwmp ... s.zip?dl=0

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 7. Sep 19, 03:01

Killjaeden wrote:
Fri, 6. Sep 19, 22:46
Axeface wrote:
Hi Axe, you could add the statistics data sheets to the nexus - i cleaned them up a little + made pdf's of them https://www.dropbox.com/s/c33yhyce0iwmp ... s.zip?dl=0
Done, thanks for the sheets! Great info. Added them as an optional download.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”