X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 13:10

something seems wrong with your missions steve_v - those issues have never cropped up before as far as i remember. Maybe also result of the sound beeing converted, i have no idea about the whole linux thing.
Missions playing entire sound file and khaak kyons fps drop are one indicator for this.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

S_Ha
x4

Post by S_Ha » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 22:55

insolent1 wrote:
Xydonus wrote:Could someone upload and subsequently post a link to the Paranid Plot Fix for Xtended? The non-AP version is what I need.
http://www.filedropper.com/xtcparanidplotfix

I think this is the one as the other version I have says AP
Did the link expire or something? I just end up on the frontpage. :(

meppo
x4

Post by meppo » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 00:33

does anyone know where i can find some working render distance mods for this? the render distance is awfully small, if i enter a sector like armstrong i won't know where anything is.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 04:09

Killjaeden wrote:Maybe also result of the sound beeing converted, i have no idea about the whole linux thing.
Missions playing entire sound file and khaak kyons fps drop are one indicator for this.
Only the music files were converted, the GNU/Linux port doesn't include MP3 codecs. Nothing in the voice audio file was touched, nor did it need to be as it's a WAV file.
I don't know about the khaak weapon sound, I assume it's in that file somewhere. Didn't touch it.

As for the mission bugs, at a stretch, I might suspect some text file (CR/LF) encoding issues or filename case sensitivity causing problems. Anyone got his running properly on OSX or GNU/Linux so I can rule that out?

Then again, I don't really care anymore, I've pretty much given up on this mod.
As cool as it is, the appalling battle framerate just kills it. Annoying mission bugs I can deal with, but running like a sllideshow on a 4960X / GTX1070 is not acceptable.

Just loaded up AP + XRM + a bunch of other mods, and framerate is silky. Dunno what's wrong with XTC, but the performance difference between these two installs is night and day. No bugged missions here either.

Ooh, and XRM actually distributes GNU/Linux compatible music... and an installation method that doesn't require a Windoze VM...

Maybe I'll check back some day and see if anyone still loves this enough to finish the AP port (or upload the various fixes). I'm guessing running on AP will help performance some.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 19:56

Your framerate issues are definitely related to you running it on linux and having to convert something. There is no framerate drop, or sound bug in the normal version and the missions are fine as well (there are bugs, but not the kind you are experiencing).
Textfiles need to be in UTF-8 format for the game to read correctly (IF i remember correctly, if).

I'm the last person around here who was part of the XTC team and it's 7 years after first release now. Dont expect any wonders...
[ external image ]
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 21:51

Killjaeden wrote:Your framerate issues are definitely related to you running it on linux and having to convert something. There is no framerate drop, or sound bug in the normal version and the missions are fine as well
I really don't see how converting the music files can have anything to do with anything but the music...
But as the only vaguely technical information I'm getting here is variations on "you musta broke it", I put the original MP3 files back.
Guess what? Missing music, and the same terrible performance.
Just like when I first fired up the mod and realised that I needed to convert the music.

If there's a sound related problem, it's not of my making.

The stock game has no problem with sound or khaak, What does XTC do differently?
The beam weapons in XRM actually have less impact on framerate than stock, so it's clearly not some intractable game engine problem at work here.

As for text files and UTF8 encoding, of course they are. That's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm referring to the difference between DOS and Unix line endings. CR+LF vs LF. I doubt it's relevant though.

AFAIK the only problems, as far as mods are concerned, running on the GNU/Linux or OSX ports are the lack of MP3 codecs and some shader limitations in the OpenGL renderer. Is there something else I'm not aware of?

I'm not installing Windoze, not for this game or any other. And performance comparisons in wine are a little pointless.
I may try wine anyway, if I can get the convoluted library requirements sorted out to have any sound. It's a bear.

Your "definitely" makes it sound like you know what's going on here beyond just "you broke something", care to share your reasoning so I can fix it?

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 22:33

In my experience, vanilla X3 and XRM both have horrible problems with beam weapon performance in certain situations. The issue seems to be that beam weapons are a bit of a hack in the engine, creating a boatload of static bullet objects to construct the beam, and then having to check collision on those bullets to find where the beam should end. When shot at a large ship or station with complex geometry, the game performs a ton of collision checks and gets bogged down. As long as beam weapon counts are heavily limited or the targets are small ships, it's not so bad. Beam overhead might also go unnoticed if there are available cpu cycles to deal with it; a game running at 60 fps capped with 50% cpu thread utilization can handle beams a lot better than a game already slowed down to 40 fps due to modded scripts and emulation and such.

It doesn't quite sound like that is the problem with this mod; though. But for what it's worth, my general fix for beam weapon performance is just to convert most beam weapons to use bullets of appropriate speed, which involves flipping a flag and tuning the speed/lifetime in tbullets.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 00:06

excessive lag occurs when beam weapons produce sounds with excessive length, because beams are like weapons with extremely fast ROF. Having very long sound files beeing started in rapid order overloads the system basically...
He also reported issues with mission sound files playing the entire soundfile at once.
So either his sound files, or the index files defining what goes where are either broken, missing or something similar. Thats what my crystal ball says.
[ external image ]

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 14:16

After searching for a while i will ask here in hope of an answer :)

Because I would like to set up some of Lucikes Scripts i read about an fix of his library-scritps for XTM 1.3 - this is a litte bit outdated i think.

The last version of his library is 3.8.05 ...

My question: is the xtm-fix included there so i can use Prospektor (PSK) and others? Or is the "old" fix included in XTM? Some of Lucikes scripts seems to be part of XTM already - and i don't want to crush my installation with newer scripts of Lucike :o

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 16:00

Uh. Kind of embarrassing, but total new guy here with a fresh and seemingly working install of xtended, How likely am I to **** everything up if I start installing scripts?

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 14:54

Selfanswer to me. It seems that most of Lucikes Scripts https://www.xuniversum.info work - and it is enough to install the script-library 3.8.05.

Prospector and HVT (COG) is running at always - superb!

@asdx: what do you mean? Your XTC is running and you want to install additional scripts? :o

Streyf
x3tc

Post by Streyf » Sat, 30. Dec 17, 18:12

Hey Guys,
i want to play the paranid plot but it looks like the plot is buggy. I wanted to try a fix mentioned here http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/239 ... -2a)/page4 (see#36) unfurtunately i cant login or recieve any reactivation-mail from txu. Anyone of you got this patch and can share it (the non ap version)? Would be great.

Greetings and a happy new year

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 17:34

I uploaded most of the AP fixes and some of the TC patches to my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lvhvwr8cpw4g ... MU_ga?dl=0

Edit: Added to opening post, and added info which files are available from which download option. X2-Illuminatus

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 17:10

Hi all, I want to play XTC again with Albion Prelude. Just want to check that i'm installing the right way.

So for AP, it goes something like this:-
1. Install X-Tended - Terran Conflict 2.0)
2. Install XTC TC 2.2 Patch
3. Install XTC TC 2.2a hotfix << possibly not needed?
4. Install X-Tended_Albion_Prelude_Experimental_2.2
5. Install XTC-AP-Hotfix-V2_2a
6. Install Aldrin Rep Fix (addon/director folder)
7. Install HMDAmmogen fix (addon/scripts folder)
8. Install XTC_AP_Music_Fix-V1.1 (addon/maps folder)
9. Install XTC_Paranid_Plot_Fix_AP (addon/director)

That all make sense? I wont be making a copy of my steam folder though because im comfortable with telling steam not to update the game.

Cheers all (If this is all correct maybe I could upload all these files somewhere zipped up, to make the full AP install more simple?)

UPDATE :D : Ok I think I got it all working, I had some issues because i'm an idiot and dont know how to download files from dropbox, I was saving files individually and the XML's were saving in a strange way. Lead to broken universe files and stuff. Gonna look into how to make an exe file, both for myself if i need to reinstall in future and maybe for anyone else that is interested.

And, posting this here so I can instantly find it
Just a reminder for anyone still playing XTC: AP Experimental version -
There is an unfixed turret script bug, which prevents NPC ships from using their turrets properly.

To fix that, go into your X3AP Folder with the installed XTC version.
First go into the /addon/scripts folder and delete or rename all files beginning with "!turret."
Then go back into the main folder, and then into the /scripts folder.
Copy all files beginning with "!turret." from here into the /addon/scripts folder.

This will fix the bug over time. If you want to accelerate it you can use the script "plugin.XTC.Cheat.Genocide" via the script editor to kill the races (and cause a respawn). Just make sure you don't target any of your own ship while executing this, as that will kill the player race Twisted Evil

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 20:51

Well I thought my XTC-AP game was working but i'm not so sure anymore. For one, I have the 'Equip Trade' AL plugin set to Yes, but EQD's have quite a few wares with no stock, probably not working or bugged?

A real shame, but, until I can figure out how to get everything properly working i'de like to ask a couple of questions about the AL plugins, hopefully someones still around that knows.

'Ware Consumption' and 'Equip Trade'
Im not sure what to make of these plugins. Firstly the name of 'Ware Consumption' is quite misleading - setting it to 'Yes' turns the plugin On and makes wares NOT get consumed, lead to a bit of confusion for a while that Ware Consumption 'Yes' = No Ware Consumption :D
Also, doesnt having these 2 plugins on actually make all weapon production factories worthless? Both the player and npc's have an infinite supply of weapons/shields etc from EQD's? Not sure about the pros and cons of these two plugins and whether I should have them activated, they seem a bit 'cheaty', or maybe I am just not understanding them properly?

Also a question about Cargo Bay Shielding. I was installing these to my ship and it was working, each install added about 5% of shielding to my ship, but after a while they stopped giving the message at the bottom of the screen and the ware just started getting added to my freight bay, anyone know if this is intended behaviour, or is something probably broken? (I was at about 30% protection, so wanted to keep adding more). (EDIT: This ware seems to be bugged if you toggle the 'Equip Trade' AL Plugin, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt).
Cheers

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 05:35

Axeface wrote:Well I thought my XTC-AP game was working but i'm not so sure anymore. For one, I have the 'Equip Trade' AL plugin set to Yes, but EQD's have quite a few wares with no stock, probably not working or bugged?
This is not entirely uncommon. Trying selling the ware in question to the dock, and, if it's working correctly, it'll set to half-full after the transaction. You can also check by attempting to sell a race-specific weapon or missile at another race's EQD.
'Ware Consumption' and 'Equip Trade'
Im not sure what to make of these plugins. Firstly the name of 'Ware Consumption' is quite misleading - setting it to 'Yes' turns the plugin On and makes wares NOT get consumed, lead to a bit of confusion for a while that Ware Consumption 'Yes' = No Ware Consumption :D
XTC Manual wrote:Ware Consumption: The ware levels on equipment docks will be kept at a medium amount so that it is not possible to get in a situation where an item can not be bought or sold to an eqd.
Sounds like that's an attempt to prevent the sold out/fully stocked ware issue that occurs with Equip Trade on. You're right about the name being somewhat confusing, though.
Also, doesnt having these 2 plugins on actually make all weapon production factories worthless? Both the player and npc's have an infinite supply of weapons/shields etc from EQD's? Not sure about the pros and cons of these two plugins and whether I should have them activated, they seem a bit 'cheaty', or maybe I am just not understanding them properly?
Yes? Equip Trade does provide the player with an infinite supply of weapons, missiles, and standard shields. NPCs have that anyway. It's a convenience--no more need to hit every EQ dock in Boron spacing looking for enough Ion Cannons to fill the forward turret on your new Orca--and a bit cheaty--fully arm your twelve new Megalodons, plus their complement of fighters, as quickly as the interface allows. Building your own is still cheaper, and a fine source of profits.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 12:01

vkerinav wrote: Yes? Equip Trade does provide the player with an infinite supply of weapons, missiles, and standard shields. NPCs have that anyway. It's a convenience--no more need to hit every EQ dock in Boron spacing looking for enough Ion Cannons to fill the forward turret on your new Orca--and a bit cheaty--fully arm your twelve new Megalodons, plus their complement of fighters, as quickly as the interface allows. Building your own is still cheaper, and a fine source of profits.
Thanks for the replies vkerinav, you say that the npc's already have an infinite supply of weapons? Never knew that, I thought weapon and shield supply actually effected shipyard stocks. My concern is the effect on shield/weapon fabs and the economy really, wont they have a hard time selling anything if npc's can just buy everything from EQD's for average price?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 12:37

Axeface wrote:
vkerinav wrote: Yes? Equip Trade does provide the player with an infinite supply of weapons, missiles, and standard shields. NPCs have that anyway. It's a convenience--no more need to hit every EQ dock in Boron spacing looking for enough Ion Cannons to fill the forward turret on your new Orca--and a bit cheaty--fully arm your twelve new Megalodons, plus their complement of fighters, as quickly as the interface allows. Building your own is still cheaper, and a fine source of profits.
Thanks for the replies vkerinav, you say that the npc's already have an infinite supply of weapons? Never knew that, I thought weapon and shield supply actually effected shipyard stocks. My concern is the effect on shield/weapon fabs and the economy really, wont they have a hard time selling anything if npc's can just buy everything from EQD's for average price?
NPCs spawn with weapons, shields, missiles out of thin air, so really all equipment either gets bought by the player or disappears after a while in EQDs. Those function as ware sinks, just like Trading Docks, as periodically their stock levels get reduced and the wares "consumed".

Weapon / shield / missile prices never really meant much as the only places that buy them are EQDs that only buy at average price. So there isn't much point setting the sale price for anything but 1 Cr below average price tbh.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 12:43

Ok now I understand, i'll turn both AL Plugins back on then. Cheers!

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 00:38

Hi guys,

Does update to AP and TC break Xtended ? Both TC and AP got recently updates.

edit: does anyone of you have link to post where it is explained how to get litecube improved AI pathfinding in XTC ? I remember doing it succesfully like half year ago and everything worked amazing.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”